PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure connection

Smokey
17-04-2010, 17:55
has any body got one of these, or know were i can get one from because as you can see i have cracked mine.

thanks mat.

IANMM
17-04-2010, 17:58
bob cgb or pirtrek

IANMM
17-04-2010, 17:59
and next time don't try and tighten it too much :)

tom t
17-04-2010, 18:06
definatley dont tighten it to much, and make sure its lined up nice and straight whilst tightening it. I done that to one of my old 1s

Smokey
17-04-2010, 18:26
everything i touch today Ian im breaking iv give up an put the cover over her im streessed out bad.

Wats it called has it got a special name i know its 11mm well the spanner i used was, wat should i ask for.

Thanks Mat

Bass J
17-04-2010, 19:31
http://www.cgbmotorsport.net/sw-oil-pressure-gauge-0---100-psi-mechanical-1009-p.asp this is the full kit ...im sure bob at cgb will have some lying about if your only after the hosing :)

thats where i got mine and its spot on :smokin:

Spooky
17-04-2010, 20:53
I may have one in my garage, if I do, you can have it foc :agree:

Smokey
17-04-2010, 21:04
i got mine from cgb too as a full kit but broke the bronze thing today dont fancy paying bobs £8 postage just for a 40 minute drive away.

That would be great Spooky if you have one, wats foc.

Thanks Mat

Smokey
17-04-2010, 21:07
free of charge?????

Spooky
17-04-2010, 21:07
Foc = free of charge :)

I'm sure I have one, I will check tomorrow morning and let you know :agree:

Smokey
17-04-2010, 21:08
cheers mate.

Smokey
20-04-2010, 07:43
big problems, i had to cut the tubing so i could get my new part on, then had to squeeze the tubing back onto the olive thing which was bloody tight but using hot water and pliers it went over, i cable tied it and started the car not noticing all the oil pissing out the back of my pod down the dash and onto the carpet.:rob:
a new oil pressure gauge is needed, i would advise anyone the same if they ever did what i did and over tightened the broze connector.

Mat

Sparkie
20-04-2010, 08:30
should have got an electrical oil pressure gauge....:agree:

Smokey
20-04-2010, 13:52
well it wouldnt have happened if i hadnt have over tightened the bolt, where do you plumb in the electrical ones then.

TrixNFlix
20-04-2010, 15:20
well it wouldnt have happened if i hadnt have over tightened the bolt, where do you plumb in the electrical ones then.

The Electrical ones are just a sensor, so no capillary tube goes inside of the car, so no chance of oil squirting in your cabin. :) Just electrical wires enter into the cabin Mathew.:agree:

Smokey
20-04-2010, 17:49
ok so, where do these wires then go on the car to measure the psi from inside the cabin, where can i get one from and also how easy is it to fit.

Sorry for the questions but i havent had my car on the road since saturday and i want it back asap so need to sort summet out as i cant drive with oil pissing everywhere it keeps going in my eyes.:cooter:

Thanks Mat

Sparkie
20-04-2010, 18:41
the new sender unit screws in the place of the old one with an adapter. there is one wire off the sender unit which goes to the back of the new oil pressure gauge - that reads the pressure. - then there are usually two sets of red and black wires. - one set powers the gauge, the other set powers the light bulb. - wrap the light bulb ones around the rheostat that adjusts the dash clock lights.- so it adjusts the oil gauge light too.

Brigsy
20-04-2010, 18:47
Id stick with capillary gauge myself, just use a decent braided hose & fittings, ive never had confidence with the nylon hose.

Most of the electrical gauges ive seen are slow to react/innaccurate unless you pay a lot of money.

Smokey
20-04-2010, 20:55
i see, well the nylon hose was fine for months untill i started messing and works a treat, so i mite just get a new one and not break it this time.

Thanks

Alex
20-04-2010, 21:20
Id stick with capillary gauge myself, just use a decent braided hose & fittings, ive never had confidence with the nylon hose.

Most of the electrical gauges ive seen are slow to react/innaccurate unless you pay a lot of money.

I'd have to agree with steering clear of the nylon hoses, Mine melted itself together on the last track day I did at Oulton - it was showing about 15psi and I though my engine was on it's way out! :eek: It is plumbed in to the top of the turbo though.....