PDA

View Full Version : Insurance claims

dave j gtt
16-04-2010, 10:35
Right GF got crashed into.

Her insureance just rang and said car is deemed not safe to go back on the road.

1 - can i get car back to break,

2 - can i get my mate to recover and break at his scrapyard

3 - can they refuse to give you the car back.

4 - if they can refuse, what course of action needs taken.

The car has a "twin" her mam and GF both own 2003 nissan mirca's so would be usful for parts.

Its not that bad of a shunt , i have seen a lot worst get fix.
Am just about to phone them myself and get some answers.
but decide it would be good to get the veiw and opinion of others ;)

James5
16-04-2010, 10:43
It all depends what category they put it in i.e. Cat D write off etc... I doubt they will give it back on that as they wouldn't want to risk it being on the road, CAT C is something else as that means it is not economical to repair car so written off.

I am sure someone whom knows more about motor insurance could advise

Right GF got crashed into.

Her insureance just rang and said car is deemed not safe to go back on the road.

1 - can i get car back to break,

2 - can i get my mate to recover and break at his scrapyard

3 - can they refuse to give you the car back.

4 - if they can refuse, what course of action needs taken.

The car has a "twin" her mam and GF both own 2003 nissan mirca's so would be usful for parts.

Its not that bad of a shunt , i have seen a lot worst get fix.
Am just about to phone them myself and get some answers.
but decide it would be good to get the veiw and opinion of others ;)

Kenobi
16-04-2010, 10:49
I fear I may be in the same predicament. I need to know what my rights are, if any, to buy my car back.

Chris Hebden
16-04-2010, 10:59
This isnt fact, so please dont take it so, but i took the line with my insurance company that the car would be dealt with in the way i deamed fit.

My car was reversed into, so a non fault claim, and i managed to get the car back, argue the cost of repairs and subsequently will be repairing the car my self with the money from the claim.

All i would say is try every possible angle, and see what the insurance company says, thats what i did! Hope you both get it sorted

dave j gtt
16-04-2010, 11:37
Cheers all ;)

After my Gf being told she couldnt have the car back, they changed when i rang.

It's a Cat C and will be returned to us for - £275 .

So all in all not too bad £1725 + car back :)

Still think it was under vauled a smidge but surpose thats the way it go's nowadays.

They said something that annoyed me tho, they couldnt tell me when they will deliver the car :scared:

Insurance is with tesco by the way, and it wont be for much longer if the car dosnt get hear rapid :p

Kenobi
16-04-2010, 11:51
Cheers all ;)

After my Gf being told she couldnt have the car back, they changed when i rang.

It's a Cat C and will be returned to us for - £275 .

So all in all not too bad £1725 + car back :)

Still think it was under vauled a smidge but surpose thats the way it go's nowadays.

They said something that annoyed me tho, they couldnt tell me when they will deliver the car :scared:

Insurance is with tesco by the way, and it wont be for much longer if the car dosnt get hear rapid :p

Result.