PDA

View Full Version : aei connections

TNT!hammond
14-04-2010, 20:57
Im having trouble getting my megajolt running and im moving house. I decided to put the remix stuff back on so i can drive my car to the new garage. I had removed the plugs from the aei and cut the wires back so i couldnt connect it straight back again. I ran a 12v feed to the aei, a earth and a wire from the tacho and fuel pump pick up. I wired these in and then connected the tdc wires. I also wired the fuel pump relay back in .

I cranked it over but with no joy, i removed a plug and i dont have spark when cranking. I have 12v at the aei which ignition on though. The fuel pump didnt work either which makes me feel im not sensing the flywheel.

Does any one have the wiring instructions for the aei , as the 12v feed is a new feed from a 15amp fuse as i couldnt remember where the original one went. Also maybe for the fuel pump relay

Any i deas on no spark at all, i have checked drive gear and its correct.

thanks Hammy

Scoff
14-04-2010, 20:59
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/Scoff/aei.jpg

try that on for size :cool:

TNT!hammond
14-04-2010, 21:12
cheers Scoff

Annoyingly its wired correctly, no spark still. Tdc wire is only months old, maybe it picked up dirt or filing on its end while it was in my drawer of parts. Any other reason it wouldnt spark? Maybe the source i have taken the 12v from isnt good enough when cranking? Its from the switched live fuse box though. I hate electrics i should have left it be it started everytime before i had the idea of mj lmao

Scoff
14-04-2010, 21:29
cheers Scoff

Annoyingly its wired correctly, no spark still. Tdc wire is only months old, maybe it picked up dirt or filing on its end while it was in my drawer of parts. Any other reason it wouldnt spark? Maybe the source i have taken the 12v from isnt good enough when cranking? Its from the switched live fuse box though. I hate electrics i should have left it be it started everytime before i had the idea of mj lmao

yeah, check for 12v when cranking. if it's taken from the stereo circuit (for instance) then there's no power when cranking. 2 o/p's from ignition barrell remember.

also, check for 0v on the earth - poor earth is as bad as a bad live :) TDC sensor should have about 200 ohm across it.

TNT!hammond
14-04-2010, 21:43
ill check that tommorow Scoff.

It may explain why i have no spark while cranking over on the MJ too. I have 12v supply for sure but not sure about when cranking as im here alone. Ill have a look how my ignition is setup as it not std at all. I see testing is in order. Thanks again :)

Ps is it the red wired fuses that are live when cranking or is it just 2 different sets of yellow?

TNT!hammond
14-04-2010, 21:56
ill check that tommorow Scoff.

It may explain why i have no spark while cranking over on the MJ too. I have 12v supply for sure but not sure about when cranking as im here alone. Ill have a look how my ignition is setup as it not std at all. I see testing is in order. Thanks again :)

Ps is it the red wired fuses that are live when cranking or is it just 2 different sets of yellow?
:confused::confused::confused:

Thundercat
15-04-2010, 10:01
If your worried about the supply being wrong best bet to get your car home would be to connect direct to battery via fuse of course and remember to disconnect it when you get home. If it doesn't fire up then you've got something else at fault.:)

TNT!hammond
15-04-2010, 23:23
woohoo its running but on the dizzy stuff at the mo. Scoff u where correct voltage went to zero when cranked.

I did try the edis system too as its now wired in aswell as the renix stuff so i can still drive the car while fidling with the megajolt stuff.

I dont have spark at the edis , i also have zero voltage when cranking from the vr sensor so its back the the drawing board for that.

Im just glad i can move it and feel DA BOOST again :D