PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust system

Shane P
13-04-2010, 22:53
As far as i can tell, i have a 2.5 bore Scorpion system on my car with a 3inch or so outlet at the back. I use to think it sounded the nuts, then i grew up a bit :(

Loud exhausts are not good for a 25 year old.

This thing is way tooo loud, i cant get upto anything in this car without attracting attention, local people seem to know where i have been all the time, not good considering my favourite passtime!

1.Are there exhaust systems out there for the 5GTT which are quieter but wont lose me any possible performance that i am gaining from my Scorpion system?

2.Is the stock GTT exhaust system restrictive at all compared to the popular ones that we use?

3.Will i possibly gain bottom end torque from fitting a more restrictive system with more back pressure? I realise back pressure is indesirable, but i want drivabilty, i am not trying to win any races :)

Big Steve - Raider
13-04-2010, 23:01
I think now that the Max Power brigade have moved onto Saxo's etc I think it's fair to say that the OE exhaust doesn't hamper the performance of a GTT too much as far as I know as long as though you're not running High Boost/Wild cams etc??

I refitted a STD exhaust on my Raider & at the 1 bar i'm running didn't notice any reduction in performance just the creaks & groans from the car you don't usually hear becasue of the loud exhaust! :laugh:

J$£5GTT
13-04-2010, 23:02
heres some info shaner,old fart mart bangin on about zorsts...

smokin!!!

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=8529&highlight=gtt+exhausts

:D

Kris M
13-04-2010, 23:06
i can still hear my GTT`s creaks and groans with the sidey fitted ! :D

Shane P
13-04-2010, 23:17
I must of missed that thread :) Thanks all for the help and advice :agree:

jonnyshaw49
18-04-2010, 16:17
magnex all the way mate, ive had 4 different systems and this is by far the quietest and sounds the best nice tone to it, they do have a restrictor in the main pipe but hasnt put me off yet and maybe you could use the centre section off your scorpion but magnex back box,