PDA

View Full Version : Gremlins and cracked ribs

The Mighty Clam
13-04-2010, 18:35
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Howdy all, not long taken the Raider out from it's winter hibernation and for no reason the drivers door lock has seized up. It's doesn't open on the fob, key, handle inside or the pull-up knob. I am nursing a cracked rib and it's very painful getting in through the passenger side - especially when you are 6 foot!!

Can anyone offer any suggestions??

Cheers

T.K
14-04-2010, 13:50
I recommend you fix your driver's side door so you can get in normally. :agree:

tiff_lee
14-04-2010, 15:13
I recommend you fix your driver's side door so you can get in normally. :agree:
Great suggestion although I think he worked that out hence asking for suggestions on how to sort the door out.

Clam have you tried removing the door card and squirting wd40 or put some oil on the latch mechanism to free it up?

HULK
14-04-2010, 16:36
Will the door card come off with the door shut?? Sounds like the drivers side central locking solenoid hasn't popped back up to release the door catches. This is the only thing that will stop ya opening the door.

Get the door card off. Reach inside the door and pull the solenoid up manually. Once the door is open take the lock out the door and give the whole thing a good soak with wd 40. U may have to ask someone to help you

tiff_lee
14-04-2010, 16:54
Will the door card come off with the door shut??
Good point, its been ages since I ditched my doorcards but if I recall they just fix flush to the door rather than wrap round the edge requiring it to be opened for removal? however like you said assistance my well me required as fiddling around with a cracked rib wont be fun, I know I've been there.

The Mighty Clam
14-04-2010, 17:30
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Cheers guys, and thank you T.K!

I'll give it a go, hope the door card can come off, wasn't sure if I can get it off with the door closed without snapping something. It's a pain cos I had the car booked in for a new alarm fitting. Always the way! :brickwall:

Ok I've tried all that, got absolutely covered in sticky stuff from the door card and it just won't budge. WD-40'd the whole thing but still nada. Gonna have it looked at hopefully at the weekend.