PDA

View Full Version : my sidey

garya
11-04-2010, 20:29
just bought this the other day but it only came the way u see it in the pic.but was on ktecs site looking at brand new ones and it seems as if it comes with another piece which i dont have.here is a pic of the piece i am talking about. http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=9&catid=8&appid=16&pic=2 will i need to get this piece or can i use the existing one that is on the car.

RoboEK
11-04-2010, 23:29
So youv just brought thea rear part of the sidey yea?

in which case you will need that front section, you could adapt your existing pipe but it will requier cuting and welding as there isnt usualy a join there on most exhausts you will also have to take in to account that most sideys are 2.5" and most rear exits are 2" so you may need a size adaptor. Failing that you could ring CGB and see if he will sell just a front part. ;)

garya
12-04-2010, 22:57
phoned cgb and the said around £50 plus postage may aswell buy it as i will need it.got heat wrap today also and buying a larger down pipe from rich so hopefully wend job if the parts are here on time.will i feel a diffrence in power with this.

Tony Walker
12-04-2010, 23:01
perhaps feel like it revs free'er. Think you'll notice the sound more :D

garya
12-04-2010, 23:06
oh and another thing guys the top ended of the exhaust were the tip is well the bracket is broken does anyone have the size off that as i can get one made up for it unless there is a easyer way to hang it.but want it secure.