PDA

View Full Version : 5GT for the track (an maybe road)

Dudders
10-04-2010, 22:44
gonna keep you all posted with progress on my newest member of my family, got it for 40quid and have started the strip out in earnest, all the seats and boot carpet out tonight, i will be looking to sell of most of the parts, least the parts i dont keep for my other 5 anyway, want a rollcage first then see from there :agree:

not sure how i add pictures to this so will probably just start another album, if you look at the current photos its the tungy grey one thats underway, the black on is my road one :)

philg
11-04-2010, 09:07
bric has a cage for sale :)

Dudders
11-04-2010, 21:00
bric has a cage for sale :)

looks nice but im after just a rear one, an i goota flog the parts before funds are there to buy it.

thanks for mentioning it tho :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
12-04-2010, 14:52
looks nice but im after just a rear one, an i goota flog the parts before funds are there to buy it.

thanks for mentioning it tho :)

you should go halves with scoff on here , he is looking for the front bars etc only..i think, pm him if interested...:D

Dudders
09-08-2010, 17:47
collecting rollcage on the 26th :) apparently its an ally one? best not hit anything too hard then lol. but good that it weighs very little :agree:
has anyone had any dealing with a cage of this type?
also just got a strut brace and clutch cable from phase i 16v turbo mike that i will be fitting shortly oh and a new (ish) tailgate so when fitted the water shouldnt leak into the car anymore yay
pics will follow soon.

Dudders
08-04-2012, 20:03
i have been away toooooo long, the tungy grey 5 has its boot lid to stop the water getting in, i am in the process of replacing the carb now so if anyone has a couple of carb gasket they want to flog (the ones either side of the block spacer) let me know, got all the bits needed to bolt on (seats/harness/strut brace/slicks/cage) but can hardly find the time to do it. funniest thing is i told the mrs it would only be on the drive for a week, just look at the date this thread was started lmao :D
but to make matters worse my van has just expired too, any1 here work for renault as i may be in the market for a spanking new Trafic van ;) (unless anyone here has knowledge of them being sh*t?)
so in short hello again to every one and yes i still have two R5's neither of which i can actually use....................Trific :smokin:

lee

Dudders
29-05-2013, 23:18
THE BLACK 5 PASSED ITS MOT!!!!!! OFF THE ROAD FOR NEAR ON 5 YEARS AND THE ONLY THING IT NEEDE WAS A LIGHT BULB AND BATTERY CLAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im so excited about driving it i could siht myself :D
and its going to get sold :sad: but not before i actually get to take it to Phils surrey meet.........hmmmmm let me check my diary :scratch:

Brigsy
29-05-2013, 23:32
What happened to the alloy cage?

Dudders
29-05-2013, 23:37
What happened to the alloy cage?

its still sitting in the tungy one in my drive waiting for me to bolt it in....along with the seat.......and the harness..........and the carb.........and the slicks........and the strut brace lol im so fookin busy i dont find the time!! stil the mrs only thought it would be there for a few days and its been two years at least

Brigsy
29-05-2013, 23:38
Ha i know the feeling. If you want to sell it let me know.

Dudders
29-05-2013, 23:49
will do, it may have to come with a car attached tho lol

James5
30-05-2013, 08:28
THE BLACK 5 PASSED ITS MOT!!!!!! OFF THE ROAD FOR NEAR ON 5 YEARS AND THE ONLY THING IT NEEDE WAS A LIGHT BULB AND BATTERY CLAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im so excited about driving it i could siht myself :D
and its going to get sold :sad: but not before i actually get to take it to Phils surrey meet.........hmmmmm let me check my diary :scratch:

Next wednesday matey:agree: