PDA

View Full Version : Take a chance or wha..

m5tt
07-04-2010, 18:03
Hi RTOC'ers

Am more or less expecting to pass my final selection on thursday and friday to be re-selected to re-join to HM Forces , if I am succesfull Its purely down to awaiting post dates thats left to do( Which at the moment is looking around 6 months )

This leaves me a sore head , As I've just inherited 5000 pounds :agree: from a Gay uncle whome I never got to meet. (50,000 was left and spilt between the grand children)

My love in life is the British army and I regret leaving back in 2005 But my other love is the Renault 5 Gt Turbo . ... (good guessers would know this because am on RTOC :laugh: )

Anyways....... 6 months in the summer would be a disaster with out a car and well I wouldn't mind having a short burst of fun in my last few spare months of civie street (AGAIN) and actually meeting some of you (all of you ) But this leaves me with the problem the first 6 months of Army life is hectic and is spent purely on camp.. but I have no storage facilities for a future 5 GTT. My mother associates these cars as GO-KARTS (her words) and wouldn't and I mean Wouldn't ever drive one (some people have no tatse A MOTHER :wasntme: ) which leaves me with this.

Do I....

(a) Park on the side of the road and allow it to sit there for 6 months and to behonest It'll be starting to turn cold again which we all can shake our heads In agreement with The dreaded rust will be attack

(B) find premises to store car with the constent worry of whens it going to be nicked ( Harlow has a strong Car theft rate and garages dont make a difference ) and just take the chance sure yes insurance covers this but its not the principle . and just take the risk?

(c) just not buy an R 5 Gtt full stop :scratch:

Help'a'roonies guys

wrightygtt
07-04-2010, 18:10
C/ for sure, or buy one and leave it your mums/ when your away? She doesn't have to drive it just make sure it doesn't get nicked.

m5tt
07-04-2010, 18:13
Mum only has road parking facilities hmmmm

maybe option D) of selling in 6 months ? short turm ownership ?

Chris Hebden
07-04-2010, 18:20
Buy one, then give it too me!? I have nothing to gain from this and am only thinking off you, honest..............

m5tt
07-04-2010, 18:22
:cooter: First Dibs eh!

jesus in the seat of a 5
07-04-2010, 18:24
option d matt, bring it to jesus`s house and he will car sit for you....:D...good going though...:)

m5tt
07-04-2010, 18:36
:eek: Temptation ..........

Penfold aka The Dealer
07-04-2010, 18:45
:agree: buy one and get it stored somewhere... I am sure a member locally may look after it for you... I have access to barn's for storage, I maybe able to squeeze another in...

D4WNO
07-04-2010, 18:52
See little point in buying one only to not drive it for 6 months, might aswell wait, save up in the forces and buy an even nicer example when you return home.

kayzee
08-04-2010, 11:37
Buy it then sell it to me ;) been keeping my eyes open for months and only seen one or two R5's for sale in Essex, it's annoying!