PDA

View Full Version : cam needed

SCHWARTZ
06-04-2010, 20:12
i want to start striping then rebuilding the engine but no point changing the timing belt only to have to take it off to swap the cam. So if anyone has a b18e or b18ep cam or knows where i can get one please let me know. Also what car (model) do these cams come from just in case i have to gown a breakers.

James5
06-04-2010, 20:15
i want to start striping then rebuilding the engine but no point changing the timing belt only to have to take it off to swap the cam. So if anyone has a b18e or b18ep cam or knows where i can get one please let me know. Also what car (model) do these cams come from just in case i have to gown a breakers.

Gary, just stick the engine in as for now with a new cambelt and whilst you are sourcing the above bits you could be driving around in your 1.7 turbo raidar :)
if it ain't broke leave it :)

SCHWARTZ
06-04-2010, 20:50
i might have to do that but if i can get one before i do the timing all well and good, would rather do it all whilst the engine is out of the car as il have more room to work in.

dave r5
08-04-2010, 16:56
pm chris mate

aka haz

i know he had 1 for sale unsure if he has it still tho

philg
08-04-2010, 17:14

I have been looking to, i believe they are out of the 1.7 n/a engines and the better of the two the b18e is up to a 1989 the later ones are the b18ep.

Don't quote me on this mind.

phil