PDA

View Full Version : Step Down exhaust studs

SP33DY
05-04-2010, 15:27
I have a bit of a problem, my turbo manifold has M10 holes whilst my turbo had M8. I figured by simply drilling the turbo holes to M10 would solve the problem however when I've came to bolt the turbo on the M10 nuts are to big. They physically fit however I can't get a spanner,socket etc... on to tighten them up. I've even ruined 3 spanners trying to shape them to fit in the confined space.

What I need is a M10 to M8 step down stud, with an M10 shoulder so that the turbo lines up with the manifold.

Anyone have any ideas if these are available off the shelf or is it a case of paying a visit to my local machinist and getting them to simply turn down my existing M10 studs to an M8 thread?

Cheers

Steve

Ashy
05-04-2010, 20:54
Steve, got your PM, I don't think they are available off the shelf (but i could be wrong) they are usually the same thread on both ends. If you want some machining give me a shout.

SP33DY
05-04-2010, 20:58
Cheers mate, I'm in work tomorrow but should have a chance to take them out on Wed then I'll pop round and drop them off. :)

Woznaldo
06-04-2010, 01:38
If you guys do machine some up, be careful not to have shape edges in the step as this will introduce stress and together with turbo heat, I doubt they'll last too long. Just my opinion ;).