PDA

View Full Version : removal of actuator

Frix
09-10-2008, 14:55
hi guys wanna remove my actuator off my turbo to put a new one on. the problem i have is i cant get to the bottom bolt on the actuator, do i have to remove the turbo?

Ross99
09-10-2008, 18:48
can you not use the same braket and take the bolts off the end and slide the until, out the hole? thats what i did

Markey Mark (BD)
10-10-2008, 12:36
can you not use the same braket and take the bolts off the end and slide the until, out the hole? thats what i did

Not all actuators are bolted on, some have spot welds.

Frix - it is very fiddly getting the bolt out, can be done but to make it easier you might have to take the turbo off.

Sy5GTT
10-10-2008, 13:23
While we're on the subject , I have a standard cossie T3 actuator. It's got 12PSI stamped on it. Is that the maximum it'll take? Would it be better than the standard T2 unit?

Adam L
10-10-2008, 20:20
If someone's put a 12 psi stamp on the actuator, i'd assume that's the minimum preload, i.e it'll run a minimum of 12psi, no less.

If it's a standard actuator you're trying to get off a factory turbo, you're not going to have much luck, unless you take off the turbo, then remove the turbine housing and then remove the water banjo bolt

If you do end up doing this, give the banjo bolt a good few hits with a hammer, making sure to hit the face dead on, that should shock any rust and **** holding it in. After that it should either come out by hand, or fairly easily with a 19mm spanner.