PDA

View Full Version : Whats Needed !!!

andyrg
03-04-2010, 20:41
Well I have fitted this Engine into my Clio 16v.

The Engine Came from a Laguna 2,0 T. Only a pissy 170Bhp, So that was no good, Did some home work and came up with the Injectors and Turbo and ecu were different.

What we decided to do was get a Turbo from a Megane 225 R26 and Injectors from a Megane R26R ( the R has a better spray pattern )

Now i Didnt think about the fact that the F4RT Block is a 6 speed Box setup, i didnt want too use the NUM big NDO box from a x trail ( Lol ) So i decided to get a custom plate made, Once i had looked into this i decided i would have too re mortage the house :)

After much humming and Haring, Steve, ( Speedy ) and i came up with the best plan ever, Clio F4R Block with the F4RT Head and Internals, Steve did some home work and we get every thing sorted, Steve Kindly donaded the block that was in good shape.

I stuck the Crank/Pisons and Rods into the F4R Case in a night and then had to have the head Adjusted to suit the F4R Belt as the F4RT uses a water pump on the belt and not as a AUX.

...... to finish.....

Alastair
30-10-2010, 10:48
Any chance of an update Andy? Did the conversion work ok?

Matt Cole
30-10-2010, 21:29
After much humming and Haring, Steve, ( Speedy ) and i came up with the best plan ever, Clio F4R Block with the F4RT Head and Internals, Steve did some home work and we get every thing sorted, Steve Kindly donaded the block that was in good shape.

...[/quote]

Really? I'm sure myself and the Mr Ash discussed this back in 2008!:D

Nah well done though mate, good conversion!:agree:

Ashy
30-10-2010, 21:33
Really? I'm sure myself and the Mr Ash discussed this back in 2008!:D

Nah well done though mate, good conversion!:agree:

Aye get your own ideas Steevo :cooter:

SP33DY
31-10-2010, 09:23
If I'm completely honest I actually thought about it in 2005 when I first bought my Clio. Well before you lads even new what an F4R/F4RT wasl :cooter:

Josie172cup
21-03-2011, 11:56
a bit late but im thinking of it now :crap: any more info available :wasntme:

SP33DY
21-03-2011, 20:19
What would you like to know?

Matt Cole
21-03-2011, 22:11
I love Andy G's detailed threads!!!:laugh:

Josie172cup
22-03-2011, 19:29
What would you like to know?

Well the other day my engine kinda ****ed

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=21287

so if the engine needs taking out this maybe the perfect oportunity to put a better one in. Is this a good idea or am i just trying to look for a silver ligning on my situation?

Sorry for crashing the thread i'll make a new one. two mins....

Matt Cole
22-03-2011, 21:59
Well the other day my engine kinda ****ed

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=21287

so if the engine needs taking out this maybe the perfect oportunity to put a better one in. Is this a good idea or am i just trying to look for a silver ligning on my situation?

Sorry for crashing the thread i'll make a new one. two mins....

Depends how much you have to spend and if you want to get stuck into an engine conversion. Plenty of bits to fabricate and wiring is also fun!:D

Easiest and cheapest engine would be the B18ft. Plenty of advice on here and a good few running this conversion.:agree:

Josie172cup
22-03-2011, 22:37
Depends how much you have to spend and if you want to get stuck into an engine conversion. Plenty of bits to fabricate and wiring is also fun!:D

Easiest and cheapest engine would be the B18ft. Plenty of advice on here and a good few running this conversion.:agree:

is that the 1.7 turbo from a volvo 4**