PDA

View Full Version : rad fan

nemesis 1006
29-03-2010, 21:26
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

hi all, my 5's rad fan is running off a manual switch but i want it so it runs of the rad temp switch all the wires and relay are there apart from all i can find is one orange wire from the relay which connects to the rad fan switch but their is spose to be two anyone got any ideas were the other wire will be coming from :confused::scratch:

car.crash
29-03-2010, 21:31
ignore me :ashamed:

Markey Mark (BD)
29-03-2010, 21:31

hi all, my 5's rad fan is running off a manual switch but i want it so it runs of the rad temp switch all the wires and relay are there apart from all i can find is one orange wire from the relay which connects to the rad fan switch but their is spose to be two anyone got any ideas were the other wire will be coming from :confused::scratch:

The other wire from the rad switch will go to the postive terminal of the alternator.

nemesis 1006
29-03-2010, 21:44

ignore me :ashamed:

y???

and thanks for the info will sort that out tomoz im fed up of having to remember to turn the fan on manually god no's why the bloke i bought it from wired it up to a switch in the car just seems like a sure fire way of causing more trouble if you forget to turn it on lol

car.crash
29-03-2010, 21:49
i advised you wrong and edited the info out.

tiff_lee
29-03-2010, 21:51
If there is problems with the loom and you are not too fused about using the oe wiring you can use just a standard 4 pin relay with the fan switch (that's providing the fan switch works of course and isn't the reason a manual switch was fitted in the first place).

nemesis 1006
29-03-2010, 22:15

oh ryt ok.

and thanks for the advise ill get on it tomoz hopfully sort out the problems im havin,
but then thats all part of the fun of havin a 5 gtt :mad::scratch::wasntme: