PDA

View Full Version : Monaco starting issue

Kenobi
26-03-2010, 12:18
Its a 1.4 auto. Takes about a minute to start when cold. I dont really mind but the Lads at the unit laugh.

Its been fully serviced. i m thinking that the Dizzy hasnt been changed. or the rotor arm.

Could this be it?

Smokey
26-03-2010, 13:15
Duno if you do this anyway but wat i useally do when starting mine is turn the key so the lights come on pump the throttle a few times then start the car touching the accelerator again.

Kenobi
26-03-2010, 13:26
Duno if you do this anyway but wat i useally do when starting mine is turn the key so the lights come on pump the throttle a few times then start the car touching the accelerator again.

Its manual choke, so i figured pull the choke right out and wait for lights to come on dash and needles to move then go for it.

However 1st thing in the morning and 5pm on way home from work it takes a bout a minute to get it started.

Smokey
26-03-2010, 13:31
well mines manual choke too but i dont ever use it anymore i just do wat i said and balance the throttle untill the car will idle on its own tho be it i dont start mine till half 7.

Brigsy
26-03-2010, 17:25
Try pulling the choke out half way, most carb engines in my experience dont like full choke!

BriC
26-03-2010, 19:09
I never bother with the choke. Just give it a little more throttle.

markey b
26-03-2010, 19:32
few pumps before you crank does the trick on my ginger one with no choke

Kenobi
21-04-2010, 08:57
This car is increasingly difficult to start on cold mornings. I know its old, it does start eventually but i really need to fix this somehow.

Any sugestions? its fully serviced by Coalville Renault.