PDA

View Full Version : Gaz Coil Over Set Up....

IANMM
25-03-2010, 15:50
Is there a rule of thumb with setting up both front and rear kits ? i got the Gaz Coil overs and adjustable rears but when i drove the car the other day the stering did feel a bit light and spongey.....now this might be for another reason ie my tracking is out but i have never seen a set up guide for these...

anyone help?

cheers

ian

Spooky
25-03-2010, 16:04
I've generally found having the car lower at the front makes a big difference to the handling and ride.

I've usually had my rear dampers quite firm, fronts probably close to half way or above.

There's no maths behind it I know but it's all down to feel, how you drive and what the car will be used for.

Experiment with different settings or maybe look at getting the car corner weighted :)

James5
25-03-2010, 16:07
I've generally found having the car lower at the front makes a big difference to the handling and ride.

I've usually had my rear dampers quite firm, fronts probably close to half way or above.

There's no maths behind it I know but it's all down to feel, how you drive and what the car will be used for.

Experiment with different settings or maybe look at getting the car corner weighted :)

:agree: I have been playing with mine recently :laugh: and my suspension as I have slammed the 5 recently and I have firmed up the rears quite alot and the front are still a little spongey but it's a case of just playing with the settings as per Spookys comments. Don't forget to adjust the rear brake bias valve when playing with ride height.

Spooky
25-03-2010, 16:09
Yarp, adjusting the brake bias valve is a must, good shout James :agree:

IANMM
25-03-2010, 16:54

close to half way or above.....????? you mean the nut that compresses the spring?

markey b
25-03-2010, 17:39
my fronts are quite stiff, and the rears i had to soften up as i was gettin lots of lift off oversteer
front is lower than the rear