PDA

View Full Version : MOT From Hell...!!!!

IANMM
24-03-2010, 15:59
Right car was booked in all was well had checked and double checked everything and it was all looking sweet......locked up my shop went to pick my car up from my unit started lovley drove up the lane onto the dual carriage way cough cough spultter splutter car cuts out........oh no WTF then i realized i forgot the Petrol :)

Got A Jerry can full Tried starting her up and oh whats this the battery is dead and why is my clocks all not working....then i realised in my hast i had pused the Light dimmer up into the steering colum to keep it out the way and yes it had shorted out blowing a fuse and draining what little voltage i had in my car

No problem i will get the battery booster from the unit....got get that plug it on car........and guess what thats flat too....!!!!!!

so back to the unit get the jump leads hook them all up and it turns over but wont start....take main fuel line off bleed the air out and hey presto she bursts into life....

drive to the MOT station where they dueley tell me to come back next week as i have missed my appointment....!!!

oh then driving back i get a weired knocking noise from the rear drivers wheel but hey i will worry about that another day.....

So half a day off work

being rescued Via My mate and him having to go to my unit 3 times as im not leving my car in a lay by unattened

£15 in Fuel

and still no closer to the MOT..!!!!! AARRAAAHHHH :mad::mad::upyours2::upyours2::upyours2:

what happened to the good old days where you could get a MOT from a bloke in the pub :)

dave r5
24-03-2010, 16:11
not good mate

i usualy drink in the harvester;)

clee
24-03-2010, 16:18
It's all in the preparation :laugh::p

IANMM
24-03-2010, 16:35
I Know I Know.....checked all the major stuff then i forget petrol and the battery lol :brickwall:

Sparkie
24-03-2010, 17:24
knocking noise maybe the brake pad working its way out of the caliper. esp if you didnt fit the angle iron bar to stop it falling out.

IANMM
24-03-2010, 17:29
yeah going to check it out over the next few days....its the furthest the car has done in 4 years so im expecting a few niggles :)

Smokey
24-03-2010, 17:31
definatley a day from hell id say, hope you get it sorted.

J8TRO
24-03-2010, 19:17
CRAP :crap:

Phone Liam at Auto Marine, he can get cars in quick, just down the road from me. His numbers 01384 253 799, did Rich's the other day, probably do Sean's soon too.

Mines booked in for Saturday :scared:

stu21t
24-03-2010, 20:35
what happened to the good old days where you could get a MOT from a bloke in the pub :)

you still can ;)

bad times m8, hopefully things go a little better next time