PDA

View Full Version : Toyo R888 V's Yoko AO48

Chris Hebden
08-10-2008, 08:49
I know that most people rave about the Toyo tyres but it was suggested to me that the Yoko AO48 tyre also make a good track & road tyre? What do people reckon

I have done a bit of research and there are really mixed reviews, they are roughly the same price i cant seperate them! Cheers

OUTLAW
08-10-2008, 08:57
if its legal, it makes no difference, rag it!;)

Chris Hebden
08-10-2008, 09:00
if its legal, it makes no difference, rag it!;)

Thank you, very informative ;)

OUTLAW
08-10-2008, 09:05
easy m8, go with toyo for road and track, yoko`s a nice tyre, does its job, however, the rubber is a softer tyre, so it wears quick:smokin::coffee:

Chris Hebden
08-10-2008, 09:35
I would be looking at the soft compund front and med compund rear for both brands, are the yoko's still softer?

Duncan Grier
08-10-2008, 09:56
I would be looking at the soft compund front and med compund rear for both brands, are the yoko's still softer?

Chris do you mean the other weay round? Soft rear and medium front? Can't see why you would have it the other way as your fronts will get hotter quicker and more abuse due to fwd. I ended up running med front and soft rear R888's and work well on my old 5.

I have always stuck with Toyo R888 due to price but if they are about the same then it may be worth a gamble. Jesus has ran both so would be worth asking him ;)

Chris Hebden
08-10-2008, 10:10
Chris do you mean the other weay round? Soft rear and medium front? Can't see why you would have it the other way as your fronts will get hotter quicker and more abuse due to fwd. I ended up running med front and soft rear R888's and work well on my old 5.

I have always stuck with Toyo R888 due to price but if they are about the same then it may be worth a gamble. Jesus has ran both so would be worth asking him ;)

Ah the joys of the Monday morning feeling on a Wednesday! Yes that way round cheers Duncan! I finally got round to softening my rear suspension to the medium setting, did you find softs were a little over kill? I only ask because the rear is digging in alot better now even on the Yoko S drives so if i go to a softer compound wont i just be ripping tyres?!