PDA

View Full Version : Minty83

sphinX
21-03-2010, 18:02
Is what RTOC is all about and why my registration fee was always worth it :D Has taken time out of his own busy schedule to come and help me sort out my blown head gasket.

Took everything apart and put it back together again for me. Top man!! Also learnt a bit more about the engine which was good. Just need to get a decent tool from halfords to get the sump off as it was on WAY to hard and the old door handle trick didn't work.

Anyway minty83, cheers for everything :agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-03-2010, 18:35
:agree:, paul is a nice lad , well done mate, has too many cars though, couldnt be like it myself.....:wasntme:...:laugh:

minty83
21-03-2010, 18:51
Not a problem dan, like you said its what the clubs all about.
Matt :laugh: the collections thinning out now, twin engine clio sold and exige... deposit recieved and collection next week giving me time to focus on the vag twins :smokin:
Long live the RTOC :cool:

James5
21-03-2010, 19:29
Not a problem dan, like you said its what the clubs all about.
Matt :laugh: the collections thinning out now, twin engine clio sold and exige... deposit recieved and collection next week giving me time to focus on the vag twins :smokin:
Long live the RTOC :cool:

Bored of the exige already:laugh:

sphinX
21-03-2010, 20:00
You can't get bored of that monster mate :laugh: you can only get scared for you're life...which is probably what happened to him haha

minty83
21-03-2010, 21:45
Bored of the exige already:laugh:
yep just bored of it really.. rather the 5 anyday:cooter:

sphinX
28-03-2010, 20:04
I have to bump this again. Had a few teething problems with the car once everything was back together, turned out to be a loose wire on the starter motor, which I am proud to say I fixed :laugh: but then I became a drama queen when I failed to bleed the system and the temp flew up.

Minty came to the rescue, bled the system properly, sorted out the accelerator cable and things around the carb that could be better. Top man :agree:

Smokey
28-03-2010, 22:04
wat was up with you accelerator cable Dan as im having a few issues wat u do to sort it.

minty83
29-03-2010, 10:28
wat was up with you accelerator cable Dan as im having a few issues wat u do to sort it.
it was to slack and the peddle wasnt at the top:)

Smokey
29-03-2010, 13:25
same as mine iv sorted the slack pedal now but the revs dont seem to come down quick enough as the spring isnt strong enough iv replaced it to but iv cut my old one to make it shorter just gotta see if thats works.

Any suggections if it doesnt.

James5
29-03-2010, 14:01
same as mine iv sorted the slack pedal now but the revs dont seem to come down quick enough as the spring isnt strong enough iv replaced it to but iv cut my old one to make it shorter just gotta see if thats works.

Any suggections if it doesnt.

A new Genuine Renault spring would prob solve it along with maybe freeing up the thottle butterfly abit with a small amout of grease / wd40 maybe it has got stiff over time and thus making it sticky or slow to respond.

Smokey
29-03-2010, 17:58
well i got a new spring off Mike phase 1 and it hasnt work im gone try my modified old one tho next and if used alot of wd40, ill sort it.

Thanks