PDA

View Full Version : Clio v6 cambelt change

Tony Walker
20-03-2010, 22:51
Just thought id let rtoc'ers know if any advice cambelt wise is needed we have fitted several phase 2's now and have 3 more booked in. We get good discount on cambelt kits and the monstrous water pumps.

Alex
21-03-2010, 09:43
I'd just like to mention Tony and his dad did a cambelt/water pump change on my girlfriends Megane a few months back and it's been spot on - excellent job. It also saved us a fortune compared to what Renault wanted..... :agree:

Lomo
21-03-2010, 09:56
Im gonna keep this in mind...:scared:..Renault prices do worry me..Still got a few miles to go though :) (touch wood)

gtmatt
21-03-2010, 10:49
has tony's name been added to the contacts section ?? :)

Tony Walker
22-03-2010, 21:03
Im gonna keep this in mind...:scared:..Renault prices do worry me..Still got a few miles to go though :) (touch wood)
Yeah they are expensive water pump and cambelt kit alone are the best part of £500. Amazing pieces of kit tho. build quality is superb they'd probably last another 72000 miles. Alot of valves to be risking tho lol
We've got a couple having clutches done at the same time.

Tony Walker
24-03-2010, 23:57
I'd just like to mention Tony and his dad did a cambelt/water pump change on my girlfriends Megane a few months back and it's been spot on - excellent job. It also saved us a fortune compared to what Renault wanted..... :agree:

Cheers Alex. :)