PDA

View Full Version : Setting up or setting up?

J8TRO
20-03-2010, 19:51
If I go to my local rolling road, I know they will get my car running well i.e. right fueling AFR's etc, however I'm unsure as to weather I can just walk in and ask them to make it run at 18psi and they will do the required mod's to the carb (changing jets) etc......I don't think they will.

I therefore feel I need to set up the carb first before sending the car to the rolling road. Am I right, and who could I get to do this, or as I have read on many threads is this a bit of a black art? :confused:

Me and Morg are both in the same boat, both of us have upgraded turbo's from T2's and want to make sure the carb is set up correctly (due to much advise on here). Can people please give us advise? :confused:

I know the obvious answer is to buy an LM-1 type AFR gauge and set it up on the road with trial end error, can anyone advise further? is there an easier / cheaper way? :confused:

Morg is now running a KTR230 and I'm running a T28. we both want 18psi.

I can give more spec's on both cars if required.

Thanks

Smokey
21-03-2010, 07:29
iv thort about this as im wanted to upgrade shortly and i also dont think Hi-Tech will do wat we want.

Wat i think im going to do wen the time comes is just buy a seconed hand carb which has been overhaulled to run my required psi from someone on here replace it then go get the fuelling set up.

IANMM
21-03-2010, 13:45
yeah use my wideband kit im ordering :)

J8TRO
21-03-2010, 16:43
yeah use my wideband kit im ordering :)

:D you will have bloody everything soon! how would you monitor AFR's on mine? is it a probe or would i need to weld a bung in the DP?

HULK
21-03-2010, 17:10
I think the problem here lies in the fact getting the carb set up involves constantly changing jets of different sizes which is a quite an easy job but is quite a lengthly process, ie very time consuming. You really don't want to pay top dollar getting some guy at the rollers p1ssing about changing carb jets all day as u will end up with a massive bill. Set the carb up best u can yourself with a wideband so you know it has adequate fueling for the boost you want to run. THEN take it to the rollers for a fine tune. Job done

hope this helps

IANMM
22-03-2010, 09:07
stick it in the end of your side exit with a fabricated exhaust clamp :)

J8TRO
22-03-2010, 21:30
stick it in the end of your side exit with a fabricated exhaust clamp :)

Shwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeet :D

Kris M
22-03-2010, 21:31
PMT sniffer clamp FTW :agree:;)

J8TRO
22-03-2010, 21:37
Sniffer Clamp? Sounds kinda funky :wasntme:

Kris M
22-03-2010, 22:05
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/Scoff/sniffer.jpg

;)

Spooky