PDA

View Full Version : 5 gtt sunroof - non sunroof

JohnAldridge101
20-03-2010, 15:34
is it true that the non sunroof modles are a rarity??

HULK
20-03-2010, 15:38
Nope they were a factory optional extra. Most gtt never had a sunroof. I hate the bloody things

Penfold aka The Dealer
20-03-2010, 15:47
I have had 5 GTT's, 2 had sun roofs, only 1 leaked...

Thundercat
20-03-2010, 17:25
I've had numerous 5 gts with sunroofs and only one leaked. That one i fixed by removing rubber seal and resticking it back in with rtv sealant. Fault was that the seal became detached from metal surround. If anyone ever needs parts or replacement i've got a complete sunroof in storage from a phase 1.

djinuk
20-03-2010, 17:37
in my local scrapyard there is a campus with one of them full sunroofs that go to the back of the car.. its like leather with a sunvisor thing that pops up.

The new Bill J
20-03-2010, 18:27
Nope they were a factory optional extra. Most gtt never had a sunroof. I hate the bloody things

Nope, they weren't a factory option, they were a dealer option. That's why there are several different ones. No gtt's left the factory with a sunroof fitted.

iirc, along with the fitting instructions provided by Renault France to the dealers, there was also a note saying that they didn't advise fitting them.

Woznaldo
22-03-2010, 07:40
in my local scrapyard there is a campus with one of them full sunroofs that go to the back of the car.. its like leather with a sunvisor thing that pops up.

My first GTT had a sunroof like that. I know that Minis used Webasto brand full length sunroofs, not sure what mine was though?