PDA

View Full Version : Petition: please sign

raj
19-03-2010, 18:10
need i say more :(

http://www.dogmeat.org/

and if you could post it on other forums your a member of that would be great.

mr white
19-03-2010, 21:53
maybe its because they have less food than we have here. also huge corporations taking over land out there choping down forest taking land from people to grow palm oil for bio fuel, which all comes westward yet again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rom2CRAbTu8
much of the population live on less than $2 a day.

raj
19-03-2010, 22:38
maybe its because they have less food than we have here. also huge corporations taking over land out there choping down forest taking land from people to grow palm oil for bio fuel, which all comes westward yet again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rom2CRAbTu8
much of the population live on less than $2 a day.

fcuk that!

eg, i go to india all the time, its full of poverty but you dont see them eating dogs.:disagree:

thanks for the input folks:rolleyes:

dave j gtt
19-03-2010, 22:43
its ok, eat what you want i say. But not being forced to eat it :eek: and eating it :mad: ! Is a different matter :o.... having no choice by one means or another, who cares :rolleyes:

as log as its not my dog :crap:

Hoolio
19-03-2010, 23:07
Raj I didn't think there was any need for input, as you said nothing else needed to be said and though I feel a little uncomfortable taking the moral high ground when we have so much anybody who tries to justify eating dogs will get the destain they deserve.

mr white
19-03-2010, 23:20
i bet the people eating dogs out there would rather be eating a nice big stake:agree:
i bet the rich out there dont eat dogs.:)
i have a cat and think it would be ****ed up to eat him, but i know people do in china. different cultures:agree:

dave j gtt
19-03-2010, 23:32
:agree:

mike r5 gtt
19-03-2010, 23:43
next time im short of cash i might see how much tescos will give me for my dogs :wasntme::dearme:

mr white
19-03-2010, 23:48
fcuk that!

eg, i go to india all the time, its full of poverty but you dont see them eating dogs.:disagree:

thanks for the input folks:rolleyes:

but if people were eating dogs in the uk for the sake of it, it would be a different matter:) nothing drives people more than dire necessity.

LampsR5
20-03-2010, 07:32
its not just the fact about them eating dogs, i have watched programes about this and the way they treat the animals when they are alive is a disgrace they cram them into tiny cages for days and jab them with sticks to shut them up there are hundreds of dogs kept like this. they are absolutely **** scared, and the slaughter men find this amusing.
When the dog is to be killed they drag it out of the box and hack it up, or boil them alive its completely inhumane, and it makes me sick that this stuff is happening.

maybe we feel strongly about this as dogs make loyal pets here in the UK, but i still disagree with it and its not that they dont have other meat to eat because they do

Raj i have signed the petition

Hoolio
20-03-2010, 09:42
i bet the people eating dogs out there would rather be eating a nice big stake:agree: I'll be starting the save the trees petition soon
i bet the rich out there dont eat dogs.:) Meat is an expensive way of getting protien I bet the desperatly poor don't either.
i have a cat and think it would be ****ed up to eat him, but i know people do in china. different cultures:agree: That doesn't necessarily make it right or that we shouldn't fight or animal wellfare wherever.

:coffee:

clee
20-03-2010, 09:55
Personality goes a long way ( adult content )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0zJSgHDnpw&feature=fvw

5teve L
20-03-2010, 10:31
TBH, people in different cultures do things differently to us, doesn't mean it's right in our eyes but it goes on.
People still get stoned to death, hands cut off, eat cats & dogs, christ the french eat snails & horse IIRC....
It's just a way of life, deal with it, it's not pretty sometimes but thats the cruel world for you.

Alastair
20-03-2010, 10:49
Are you a carnivore?

If so get over it, or you'll be asking us to stop eating all meat next, then where? Stop eating plants too ? No thanks.

I will caveat that statement though; i do not condone any form of cruelty to animals, or eating your pets, that is abhorent to me but for all i know dog might be tasty, goat is, duck is, guinnea pig is, crocodile is, antelope is, venison is. Animals that are farmed for meat will always be kept in a different environment to pets to make it commercially viable.

What do you think the foreign and commonwealth office will be able to do anyway? They have a huge mandate that is not bound by a clear and concise foreign policy as we chose not to state what our specific policies are (it sometimes plays to our advantage). As far as i can see this is a simple policing matter for the Phillipenes to sort out themselves and I am sure the FCO and attache's would have already discussed this subject with them if it was such a large scale issue.

Ross
20-03-2010, 11:08
TBH, people in different cultures do things differently to us, doesn't mean it's right in our eyes but it goes on.
People still get stoned to death, hands cut off, eat cats & dogs, christ the french eat snails & horse IIRC....
It's just a way of life, deal with it, it's not pretty sometimes but thats the cruel world for you.

this is exactly right its just a culture thing the conditions are no worse than the conditions pigs and cows are slaughtered under in the US cows are sacred to some religions no ones trying to stop us eating them.

5teve L
20-03-2010, 12:30
this is exactly right its just a culture thing the conditions are no worse than the conditions pigs and cows are slaughtered under in the US cows are sacred to some religions no ones trying to stop us eating them.

You only need to look a t the US actually to see things that go on that may not even be acceptable in this country, lethal injection, electric chair, etc etc ok so in this instance we are talking about a few dogs, is it really any different ???
Don't see you asking to sign a petition about those causes, not close enough to home for you ??

BTW I'm not saying I agree or dissagree with any of that, just an example of things that go on, even in cultures close to our own.

mr white
20-03-2010, 14:21
its not just the fact about them eating dogs, i have watched programes about this and the way they treat the animals when they are alive is a disgrace they cram them into tiny cages for days and jab them with sticks to shut them up there are hundreds of dogs kept like this. they are absolutely **** scared, and the slaughter men find this amusing.
When the dog is to be killed they drag it out of the box and hack it up, or boil them alive its completely inhumane, and it makes me sick that this stuff is happening.

maybe we feel strongly about this as dogs make loyal pets here in the UK, but i still disagree with it and its not that they dont have other meat to eat because they do

maybe you should sign petitions against halal and kosher slaughter aswell then that goes on in britain. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2977086.stm

and if your brave enough look up stuff like"Sheep has throat slit as part of Halal Slaughter" on you tube. its no different apart from the animal.

Shane P
20-03-2010, 16:20
maybe you should sign petitions against halal and kosher slaughter aswell then that goes on in britain. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2977086.stm

and if your brave enough look up stuff like"Sheep has throat slit as part of Halal Slaughter" on you tube. its no different apart from the animal.

Some Asain people like to eat dogs, some French people like to eat horses, some Scottish people like to eat Haggis :) , i like to eat baked beans covered in Pineapple Jam.

Everybody eats weird things, by other peoples standards, they have done for years and there is very little you can do to change things, i am not a great fan of people eating dogs either, but some people may like it as there is obviously a market in these places, sombody is buying it and they eat it because they want to.

I would like to know you thought process on how you differentiate between which animals are pets and which ones you can eat. It is nice to see people standing up for what they believe in :)

Slim
20-03-2010, 16:37
I think what is at matter here... is not that they eat a dog,, but how the dog is treated before the death..... has nothing to do with hallal or kosher or anything. :dearme:

Making something Hallal or Kosher has got nothing to do with how they treat the animal prior to its death.

Lets go beyond this... why dont we have a petition to get UK AND USA troops OUT of other peoples countries... doing worse to people let alone animals!!

mr white
20-03-2010, 17:06
:)

Some Asain people like to eat dogs, some French people like to eat horses, some Scottish people like to eat Haggis :) , i like to eat baked beans covered in Pineapple Jam.

Everybody eats weird things, by other peoples standards, they have done for years and there is very little you can do to change things, i am not a great fan of people eating dogs either, but some people may like it as there is obviously a market in these places, sombody is buying it and they eat it because they want to.

I would like to know you thought process on how you differentiate between which animals are pets and which ones you can eat. It is nice to see people standing up for what they believe in

"I would like to know you thought process on how you differentiate between which animals are pets and which ones you can eat".

thats the funyiest thing as well :laugh:.
its all in the mindset someone with a dog will be more concerned because they look at there dog and think it could be him/her.

"has nothing to do with hallal or kosher or anything". :dearme: your probably saying that because it effects you.:agree: am i right. sticking up for it.:)

Slim
20-03-2010, 17:11
:)

"I would like to know you thought process on how you differentiate between which animals are pets and which ones you can eat".

thats the funyiest thing as well :laugh:.
its all in the mindset someone with a dog will be more concerned because they look at there dog and think it could be him/her.

"has nothing to do with hallal or kosher or anything". :dearme: your probably saying that because it effects you.:agree: am i right. sticking up for it.:)

not really,, i eat pretty much everything none hallal so no it doesnt effect me. Only thing i wont eat is pig.. but thats for other reasons. But if you do think halllal or kosher meat means miss treatment and sometimes torture of animals,, then you have been very miss-informed. :scared:

Slim
20-03-2010, 17:13
I signed the pettition but tbh im not sure i should have,as i think a) you shouldnt be able to change another countries law and b) i wouldnt mind them eating dog as long as the dog has been treated well till its death..

Penfold aka The Dealer
20-03-2010, 17:17
Personally, If you eat meat you cant really comment on what animals people eat... be it dog, cat, kangaroo, dolphin, whale etc etc....

Although endangered animals should be excempt.

I do however believe animals should be treated well if there are for human consumption and not to be poorly treated. I personally couldnt eat any meat that comes from "domestic pet's", everybody is different.

I dont mind other religion/culture's doing what they believe is right/fair but as long as it abide's by the UK law whan its done in the UK... same for how they treat their children etc (some culture's/religion believe its ok to do female circumcision etc)

J$£5GTT
20-03-2010, 19:32
woof ! woof!!

raj
20-03-2010, 19:41
thanks to all that have signed the petition:agree: and to all that havent... well i dont really want to say what i think you as i'll more than likely get banned!

just to clear a few things up, im not against any specific cultures eating meat of any kind. but what REALLY angers me is the way these animals get treated before they are to be slaughtered:mad:

****GRAPHIC IMAGES - CAUTION******
look at what these b4stards do to these animals:mad: skinning them ALIVE -
http://animalsaviors.org/furfarm.html VERY GRAPHIC.

http://animalsaviors.org/chinesefurfarms2.html

dave j gtt
20-03-2010, 19:55

fair play :agree: thats not good stuff

J8TRO
20-03-2010, 20:09
look at what these b4stards do to these animals:mad: skinning them ALIVE - VERY GRAPHIC

I have signed the petition Raj, but to god I wish I hadn't clicked on your first link, I turned it off after 20 seconds :sad2:

LampsR5
20-03-2010, 22:55

i dont agree with that either but thats not the subject here, or else i wopuld sign that too. i hate any form of suffering maybe its just me at the end of the day nothing wants to die, but its life and if i can do something to help i will try thats my part played cheers!

raj
20-03-2010, 23:02
i dont agree with that either but thats not the subject here, or else i wopuld sign that too. i hate any form of suffering maybe its just me at the end of the day nothing wants to die, but its life and if i can do something to help i will try thats my part played cheers!

well said:agree:, this is exactly the way i feel.

Alastair
21-03-2010, 23:22
Lets go beyond this... why dont we have a petition to get UK AND USA troops OUT of other peoples countries... doing worse to people let alone animals!!

Slim I hope you realise that the people you are insinuating about "doing worse to people let alone animals" (i.e. skinning people alive as above - which i assure you first hand they are not) are the very people that provide YOU the liberty and freedom of speech that affords you the safety to make such stupid comments.:upyours2: If we do not tackle these issues at source (overseas) we would be tackling them on our door steps. Do you really understand the consequences of in-action? I don't think you do. :disagree:

benj88
21-03-2010, 23:41
Iv sighnd up

Slim
21-03-2010, 23:50
Slim I hope you realise that the people you are insinuating about "doing worse to people let alone animals" (i.e. skinning people alive as above - which i assure you first hand they are not) are the very people that provide YOU the liberty and freedom of speech that affords you the safety to make such stupid comments.:upyours2: If we do not tackle these issues at source (overseas) we would be tackling them on our door steps. Do you really understand the consequences of in-action? I don't think you do. :disagree:

right now.. im gna step out of this.. cos its far too deep of a subject for me to want to comment on here. Id rather debate it in real, cos i dont wana spend so much time typing on a car forum about (I could spend hours typing which i realy dont wana do). I'll take it that you know EXACTLY what happens in the rest of the world because im sure you get most of your information from what you see and hear on the so called 'news' they show here.. Try n be open minded and let yourself open to the idea that there truely is '2 sides of a story'. No need to get pissed at me, i have my opinions. Try keep ur hate for someone when it is truely needed,, not to those who simply have a different opinion than me. :)

5alldaway
22-03-2010, 02:40
im against people eating dogs but those philipeenos or however its spelt can eat all the yorkshire terriers they like cause they are all little b8stards! starting with my mates one!

LampsR5
22-03-2010, 08:39
im against people eating dogs but those philipeenos or however its spelt can eat all the yorkshire terriers they like cause they are all little b8stards! starting with my mates one!

:laugh:

raj
22-03-2010, 15:02
alastair and slim. lets keep on the subject and not stray onto another:agree:
if you want to argue about other issues other than animal welfare please start your own thread.