PDA

View Full Version : Window Leak

Smokey
19-03-2010, 13:30
my rear quarters leak when i wash my car, by hand of course not alot but enough its the seals there knackerd is there anywhere i can get some 6 i might as well do the lot and is it easy to do wats involved.

Thanks mat

J$£5GTT
19-03-2010, 17:38
are you sure its the seals?,some times the three black fixing blocks,what ever you want to call them,can perish,thats the seals in them,they can let water in slightly.

or if your sure its the actual window seals then maybe you could see if a local breakers has a campus,a three door model an take them of that.

or buy new,not cheap,ask phase one mike on here mate.

:):agree:

tiff_lee
19-03-2010, 17:48
If its the window seals I have a pair you can have, ill just double check they ain't ripped or anything but were fine before removal.

Smokey
19-03-2010, 18:17
no its the three black fixing blocks,what ever you want to call them where its leaking but i might as well replace them all thats why i sed i need six.

J$£5GTT
19-03-2010, 18:31
no its the three black fixing blocks,what ever you want to call them where its leaking but i might as well replace them all thats why i sed i need six.

ahh....its the way you stuck that 6..between 'some' and 'i might'...:p

have a word with phase one mike,he may be able to help.
or your local reno robbers..

:cool:

Smokey
19-03-2010, 20:11
how about changing them how do i do it

J$£5GTT
19-03-2010, 20:23
how about changing them how do i do it

the two near the door pillar-from inside using a flat head screwdriver you have to slide out the plastic fork,look closely at it an you can see where you need to put screwdriver(or whatever else you decide to choose).

then from outside pull it off the metal retainers/clips an then you can just slide it off the opener at the back,watch an remember how you take this bit off it will be useful as to which way you slide it back on after...;),an then with a little force on window as new parts will be tight put those plastic forks back in.

:)

Smokey
19-03-2010, 20:29
great stuff but how about the the other one wer you actually open the window from, same way or is it a little different, i wana go look but its pissing down.

J$£5GTT
19-03-2010, 20:32
great stuff but how about the the other one wer you actually open the window from, same way or is it a little different, i wana go look but its pissing down.

its different,as i said it slides off,just hold the glass at door pillar end an that opener arm will slide off,remember how it is removed,just makes it easier on re-fitment.