PDA

View Full Version : pistons and liners

allanr5gtt
18-03-2010, 19:32
hi all
i have been looking for a set of pistons and liners the thing is which one's to buy?

i have been on the phone ktec and cgb this week

k tec

they pistons are made by perfect circle to k tec spec not the same as other tuners sell. same strength and quality as the perfect circle tho.

cgb

they supplier of pistons and liner has changed the box's to plain brown. they did used to be in perfect circle box. cgb can't not be 100% sure the p/l's are are still made by perfect circle but they have sold 100's of set with no problems even have some in they race cars.

which pistons have the better quality and strength

Tarabusi? kolbenschmidt? perfect circle?

also are the totel seal rings the ones to use for liners?

thanks allan

IANMM
19-03-2010, 08:38
http://www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk/

JohnAldridge101
20-03-2010, 15:27
i have heard that CGB and K-TEC are working together as K-tec deal in newer cars these days and CGB buy a heck of a lot of stuff off them, in bulk, so wouldnt surprise me if they are the same items

MFaulks
20-03-2010, 17:20
hi all

Tarabusi? kolbenschmidt? perfect circle?

also are the totel seal rings the ones to use for liners?

KS are great pistons and used them for years on n/a 10/11krpm motors no failures, and a few turbo. Perfect Circle rings are very nice and well engineered, never come across their pistons, but likely factored?

TS rings are different technology i.e. gapless usually on the second ring, and do work well. The application of liner or cast block isn’t issue and they come with good info. The TS top ring is usually not as good as an OE top ring; their focus and technology is on the gapless ring, which usually occupies the 2nd ring position. So I get two ring sets 1 TS and 1 OE for the same motor, and use the TS gapless 2nd ring and the OE or PC equivalent top ring in my builds. Costs you a few extra beans, but worth it IMO.

allanr5gtt
20-03-2010, 22:13
i did hear something about use two set's of ring's to make the perfect set. can you (mfaulks) supply the total seal ring's if need be?

has any one had set of piston's off ktec or cgb lately that could comfirm the make?

Alex
21-03-2010, 09:38
I've got Perfect Circle P&L's using the rings they came with. They'll be fine for virtually all levels of tune (unless you're going to be using >1.5 bar of boost for long periods) :)

allanr5gtt
21-03-2010, 10:58
I've got Perfect Circle P&L's using the rings they came with. They'll be fine for virtually all levels of tune (unless you're going to be using >1.5 bar of boost for long periods) :)

the rings that come with the piston and liner set are fine if you use the complete set. but when using the steel liners you have to use different ring as the steel liners are alot stronger and will wear the rings alot quicker.

JRP
21-03-2010, 11:04
If you decide on cgb pistons liners i have some for sale.

Alex
21-03-2010, 18:08
the rings that come with the piston and liner set are fine if you use the complete set. but when using the steel liners you have to use different ring as the steel liners are alot stronger and will wear the rings alot quicker.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were using steel liners.....

BluntyR5GTT
21-03-2010, 19:02
If you decide on cgb pistons liners i have some for sale.

you have pm regarding these :)