PDA

View Full Version : Caliper and Disc Questions.

Kenobi
17-03-2010, 19:08
Ok, 1stly, Putting r5gt calipers on my mk1 clio and I cant seem to get the flexi lines to screw in all the way. They are in and tight as you like but they just aint in all the way. Is this ok?

Secondly I didnt measure whether the discs are the same thickness does this matter? They both look the same?

Third, Discs ive put on I notice need lil stardrive bit x2 to hold disc to hub. Well my hub aint got holes for these things so my discs are gunna be held to the hub with the wheel bolts. Is this ok?

Finally, here is a picture of the bolts I am missing. I need x3 so if anyone has some spares or ideally if someone knows how to measure a bolt and lets me know I can go buy some.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/Kenobi_rtoc/Renault%205%20Monaco/kenobibolt.jpg

markey b
17-03-2010, 19:55
i think the problem is that the legoman is the wrong thread

Bigfoot
17-03-2010, 19:59
You dont need the two screws to hold the disc in place, it just helps you put the wheel on without the disc spinning round and not locating in the holes.

Kenobi
17-03-2010, 20:12
You dont need the two screws to hold the disc in place, it just helps you put the wheel on without the disc spinning round and not locating in the holes.

Ah yeah thats wat Marky said actually. Thanks guys. So who can tell me what size bolt this is?

J$£5GTT
17-03-2010, 21:24
Ah yeah thats wat Marky said actually. Thanks guys. So who can tell me what size bolt this is?

its two legoman feet wide!!

:cooter:

Chris Hebden
17-03-2010, 21:27

Mate! You should know better than to doubt Mark!!!!!!!

Kenobi
18-03-2010, 08:33
Mate! You should know better than to doubt Mark!!!!!!!

Oh I didnt doubt him, he replied via text after i had already posted this. :agree: