PDA

View Full Version : 5 upgraded engine mounts

R5GT-GOO
17-03-2010, 12:05
hi

Does anyone Know where i can buy/ or even any info on where i can get some upgraded engine mounts from!!!!
I have an engineering company to hand just could do some pics or even i would buy some, mine are standard and have ripped so i want to get this problem sorted before pod!

thanks tom

Bigfoot
17-03-2010, 12:24
Just find a company which does pearl engine mounts, they are the ones which classed as uprated. You can get the rear engine mount off scoff if you want, forum post is somewhere.

R5GT-GOO
17-03-2010, 12:48
thanks

tiff_lee
17-03-2010, 13:04
Uprated rear engine mounts

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=11888

Markey Mark (BD)
17-03-2010, 15:41
Uprated rear engine mounts

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=11888

Think he's stopped making thses for a while now.

To be honest if your using car on road most of the time with the odd drag/track trip then a new set of standard engine mounts will be fine.
Yours prob broke due to being as old as the car. ;)

R5GT-GOO
17-03-2010, 15:50
ok m8 thanks

mine also has the y stabiliser missing!!! im guessing this could be half the problem!!!
i just dont wont to drive it to pod and launch it for the first time and snap somat!!!! lol long way home on a recovery truck !!!

thanks tom

Markey Mark (BD)
17-03-2010, 15:54
ok m8 thanks

mine also has the y stabiliser missing!!! im guessing this could be half the problem!!!
i just dont wont to drive it to pod and launch it for the first time and snap somat!!!! lol long way home on a recovery truck !!!

thanks tom

I run mine without the stabiliser bar on the front so you shouldn't have a problem.
To be honest you'll need a real good hard lauch to even start ripping the mounts apart, i'm sure they will last all day at the pod mate. ;)

jonnyshaw49
17-03-2010, 20:56
scoff made me an engine mount other week so think hes still doing them, they look good quality havnt tried mine yet tho