PDA

View Full Version : Electric Sunroof

J8TRO
16-03-2010, 20:22
I'm trying to get my electric sunroof working on the 5, it's a bit of a rare thing so i'm told but hopefully some of your are a little electrically minded and can help.

2 photo below show the controls in the roof console and how they are wired. Does anyone know if this is correct or should i try wiring it another way. It could have been messed with before my ownership of the car.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=972&pictureid=10744

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=972&pictureid=10745

Sorry about the pic quality, taken on my phone

Purple, pale orange and red to the one switch and red and green to the other, they connect to only one side of the switches on the back

markg
16-03-2010, 20:41
I would say before you start to worry about the switches check the motor and slider mechanisms etc work and arent seized if this hasnt been used in sometime. If they are ok then work back from there until you find the fault. A multimeter would be a great help if you havent got one. Also check any microswitches/sensors that may be fitted to detect if the roof is opened or closed. :agree:

LampsR5
16-03-2010, 22:21
James the best thing to do is connect all the wires to your cigarette lighter so when you want to light up your sunroof will come open to allow the fumes to pass out of the car!!!!! LOL:smokin:

J8TRO
16-03-2010, 22:31
James the best thing to do is connect all the wires to your cigarette lighter so when you want to light up your sunroof will come open to allow the fumes to pass out of the car!!!!! LOL:smokin:

You are such a knob! ha ha ha you know I only like them big Cubans! :smokin::smokin::smokin:

LampsR5
16-03-2010, 22:36
you like the big cubans but you dont smoke!!! what are you doing with them??? haha:cooter:

J8TRO
16-03-2010, 22:41
His names Harry, I keep him in the shed, he's just good company :D

Helps round the house and cleans the tops of the cupboards in the kitchen that I cant reach.

He doesn't have a visa, so I try to keep him on the down low ;)

LampsR5
16-03-2010, 22:45
you know this threads gonna be removed now lol

You should be ashamed of yourself, James haha no wonder your house is so spotless
i didnt realise you had one, where did you see him advertised?

J8TRO
16-03-2010, 22:50
Advertised, are you F*cking Crazy, you can't buy them, you have to apply for them and trade in your wife / Girlfriend. I have a contact, his name in Manwell.........

Now your thinking you haven't seen Stacey for a while eh? :scared:

J8TRO
16-03-2010, 22:57
Manwell is quite well respected, I've even seen people wearing T-shirts with his picture on. You'll find him in Dudley on a Saturday afternoon between Greg's and the merry-go-round, wears a Kappa tracksuit and strangely doesn't look out of place.

Ive attached a picture to help you identify him: :agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/j8tro/Che_Guevara_Alberto_Korda.jpg

LampsR5
16-03-2010, 22:59
i thought i saw someone driving her tt the other day thats why.... ok mate no worries how do you know shes ok? is she allowed face book access outhere?..

are all your children ok with this?

can you send me that guys number i am gonna see if he can send me a leaflet cheers

i might be able to get a better deal than you mate with my Missuses current situation lol

LampsR5
16-03-2010, 23:03
i know the guy he used to own a pet shop in town no wonder he shut shop humanoids must sell better than animals in that case :)

J8TRO
16-03-2010, 23:06
Dan, you really are as bored as me arn't you? he he he

Better go.....................need to feed Harry :wasntme:

IANMM
17-03-2010, 08:49
Why dont you just bring it down the unit it would take me two mins too sort

J8TRO
17-03-2010, 09:35
Why dont you just bring it down the unit it would take me two mins too sort

woooooooooooooooooot.................

Better get it running then and MOT'd :agree: