PDA

View Full Version : Speedo needle bouncing?

Kenobi
16-03-2010, 15:02
What could cause the spedo needle to bounce about. Its accurate roughly.

Liks if im doing 30 it will bouce tween 25 and 40 lol

Quick fix or dash out thing?

BluntyR5GTT
16-03-2010, 15:07
mine does this at 60mph just goes all over the place then be interesting see what can be done

Kenobi
16-03-2010, 15:08
mine does this at 60mph just goes all over the place then be interesting see what can be done

Im wondering if its a pick up problem or the physical needle on the clocks?

Matt Cole
16-03-2010, 19:51
mine too at about 80 ish.

garya
16-03-2010, 20:52
mines too sometimes it works when it feels like it:laugh:

D4WNO
16-03-2010, 20:55
Swiped this from Google, not sure if it'll help?

"#1- A dirty or faulty ground connection on the instument cluster harness. Finding the harness and a wire that grounds to the firewall is a starting point. You may have to improvise a new ground from a point where the ground wire is accessible for troubleshooting purposes if the actual firewall connection is behind the dash or console.

#2- A dirty speed sensor or connector. This is usually mounted on the transmission or 4WD transfer case. Try removing and cleaning the sensor and/or connector. This part is usually cheaper to replace than a gauge cluster

#3- Poor gauge cluster connections or gauge failure: Try just removing the cluster and cleaning the contacts at the back of the cluster with contact cleaner making sure no cleaner gets on the plastic or in the gauge(s). If this doesn't fix the issue, replacing the cluster may be necessary. To save money, You can sometimes use an old working cluster's parts to just fix yours if you are handy with electronics. Replacing the entire cluster means your odometer mileage will be different and this would need to be reported to the local DMV or DOL before doing the swap. It may actually be illegal to swap clusters in some jurisdictions. especially if the odo mileage is lower in the new cluster) "

Schakal
16-03-2010, 21:03
it happens when the gearbox end of the inner cable
rounds off over time .

Kenobi
26-03-2010, 12:22
it happens when the gearbox end of the inner cable
rounds off over time .

Is it a baddass job to replace?

markey b
26-03-2010, 18:38
cable eg clio, or 5gtt clocks?