PDA

View Full Version : what rad

SCHWARTZ
15-03-2010, 20:31
Looking for a new rad for the 5 but what do people think the best rad is to use ally, copper core, standard etc...? Will be running a separate oil cooler so dosnt need the built in cooler in the rad dosnt even need to be a r5 rad as a volvo engine is going in so if anyone knows of any nice big rads that fit well please let me know! What's the biggest rad you can get in these cars without causing probs? :D

Kenobi
15-03-2010, 21:45
Standard does the job. :agree:

Copper core are known to fall to bits inside. Although, Only stones have ever killed mine.

JRP
15-03-2010, 21:46
Get a rad from unstable cable cheaing, welded by a blind china man, but seem to do the job... plus no oil just pure water rad :)

ranj
16-03-2010, 12:59
Seen some double capacity ones on ebay , 50mm core on em i was told .... thinking about getting one myself .... anybody used one of these ??

SCHWARTZ
16-03-2010, 18:56
I will check out unstable cables ones but the ones on ebay are what I was thinking of, 40% better cooling efficiency etc. but don't know if that's just crap.

Brigsy
16-03-2010, 19:02
O.e rad ftw.

raj
16-03-2010, 19:03
I will check out unstable cables ones but the ones on ebay are what I was thinking of, 40% better cooling efficiency etc. but don't know if that's just crap.

yes its probably just crap!

with abit of fettling you can fit a mk1 clio diesel rad.

the mk1 extra van rad requires abit more to fit but its HUGE compared to the oe gtt rad and it also doesnt have an inbuilt oil cooler.

stay hassle free and go for a genuine valeo rad, either that or the nissens rad, but ive heard the nissens bottom hose outlet comes abit too close to the oil filter i think.

andy_wpo
16-03-2010, 19:32
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

A 1.1 r5 engine rad and a r 19 diesel rad,Just need to modified the intercooler run pipes.But it will get in without cutting anything :)