PDA

View Full Version : Peoples opinions about c20 let vaxhall turbo engine

dave j gtt
15-03-2010, 18:46
A Car for sale local to me, It is a hatchback cavalier, Had thousands spent on the conversion from a 4x4 turbo into its 2wd hatchback shell.

Current owner then got it resprayed even tho it was already very good condition,
It is not rotten nore had any nasty filler or welding.

All the inside of the car is like new, with all controls , 6spd gearbox. Leather seats All pristine never smoked in.

Engine and car was built to this high standard by previous owner to guy that owns it now, Sadley the guy that built it , Died on the project he sold this car to fund. he built due to not liking the saloon the 4wd or the extra weight.

Going to take some photos tomorrow and put it up sale on Ebay

I might just treat myself as i have owned a c20 let before and i liked it.

benj88
15-03-2010, 18:51
Balistick that's what there are mate, I'd love a cav 4x4. There easy to tune and cheap. For about £800 you can have about 300bhp:agree: my mate has a c20let corsa and nothing can touch it

sphinX
15-03-2010, 18:54
Seen a few of the locals when I was younger with these engines in their corsas, some turbo'd some not. Went like stink to be fair to them

LampsR5
15-03-2010, 19:33
a well experienced engine builder from by me said they are one of the best all round engines ever made.......

my mate has done two of these conversions in corsas with a massive turbo and a re map etc and different injectors he was getting rr figures around the 300bhp+ mark

i have been in some fast cars and the one corsa he did was ridiculous went ballistic when it come on boost,

if i wasnt into the 5 scene so much i would defo be doing something with one of these engines

go for it you will get a grand plus now just for the engine and loom

Scoff
15-03-2010, 19:45
fantastic engine, super tunable.

d6n
15-03-2010, 19:59
whats the difference between a c20let and z20let?

dave j gtt
15-03-2010, 20:09
Its a custom engine build, dont know everything thats gone into it to be honest.

I do no it has front mount intercoller.
full custom wiring, dont know about ecu, think its chiped or something.

It has all been done and in keep with tidy oe in mind. Except , some nice wheels, some holes in the front bumper for good cooling which looks cool still.

It IS a very quick car and has been built no expense spared, might have a test drive tomorrow see what i reckon :smokin: he said ihe wants me to advertise it, and he'll sort me some money ha

Wonder how much he'll knock of the bill if i bought it :laugh:

Ill get some pic's up tomorrow unless it rains :scared: :laugh:

dave j gtt
15-03-2010, 20:12
whats the difference between a c20let and z20let?

For me, ones old skool cool :smokin: , ones new skool tools :scratch: :laugh:

bigdikky5
15-03-2010, 20:13
had a astra gte myself. c20xes are good... turbos are meant to be really good just make sure it has coscast head (cast by cosworth) not a vauxcast (cast by vauxhall) as vauxcast have problems........ well that was rule on c20xes

dave j gtt
15-03-2010, 20:23
had a astra gte myself. c20xes are good... turbos are meant to be really good just make sure it has coscast head (cast by cosworth) not a vauxcast (cast by vauxhall) as vauxcast have problems........ well that was rule on c20xes

I've had a gte 16v nice cars, mine was black :D

benj88
15-03-2010, 20:32
Z20s are crap, nowt like the c20s! My first car was a nova 1.3sr with a c20xe in out of an astra gte, it was a sneaky machine! Vauxhalls are cheap to mod and you get a lot of power for your money especially with the let/xe

Kenobi
15-03-2010, 20:50
I can sell that for ya Dave. Let me know if ya need help.

dave j gtt
15-03-2010, 21:21
It's gonna be pricey for what it is. The cavalier 4x4 turbos are priced around £3000 for a half decent example. this is'nt a 4x4 or saloon for that matter.

Think prices is £3500ono, Which i think is high, as it isnt standard, Thats what some peolpe value i surpose. Its engine has been rebuilt to high spec, Am sure it has dyno sheet around 400 bhp :eek: Has a secondery fuel pump. Just have to wait and see, Going to have a good look thru paper work and report back ;)

d6n
16-03-2010, 12:34
For me, ones old skool cool :smokin: , ones new skool tools :scratch: :laugh:

done a bit of research now!

going to look at a corsa c the weekend with a z20let conversion!

dave j gtt
16-03-2010, 21:36
Some pictures. had a nightmare with my camera , so didnt get many good one :(

dave j gtt
16-03-2010, 22:33
fantastic engine, super tunable.

I watched boost gauge today holding a 1 bar boost without full throttle, it seems it has a switch for second fuel pump and to up boost to around 1.8 bar i think.

A while ago i seem to remember him having a problem with the second fuel pump and his alarm after having a new stereo fitted. theres a local place that seem to create problems fitting stereo's "bad rep", Resulting in flat batterys, and wiring things bad.

After the new stereo was fitted , both fuel pumps would always run, then it started to run bad.
His insurence had to fix his car as he has a policy that covers repairs.

After one garage couldnt fix it , Another garage replaced the air mass sensor solved poor running. but at same time a garage said who ever built the car did it well , they had never seen out like it, bit off one of stuff. and did'nt and couldnt sort the switch and second fuel pump and switch for upping the boost, It has a custom wiring loom and they said the Air mass sensor had been messed with ?

I dont think its been quite right since and he donst mess with it since he got it back.
It still run well dont get me wrong just not peak ?

It has a dump valve ? i told him ages ago i didnt look like it was working right.

Seems it runs a bit lumpy untill on the pedal, It's got custom cams or cams of some description, It is smooth and no tapping or slapping. Think the engine mounts are near fecked myself.

Overall very nice car and i want it. the paint job it class, although not totally mine needs a few touch ups.

Anyone understand any off that :agree:

Adam L
16-03-2010, 22:40
If I was him, i'd get someone else to advertise the car...

Scoff
16-03-2010, 22:42
I watched boost gauge today holding a 1 bar boost without full throttle, it seems it has a switch for second fuel pump and to up boost to around 1.8 bar i think.

A while ago i seem to remember him having a problem with the second fuel pump and his alarm after having a new stereo fitted. theres a local place that seem to create problems fitting stereo's "bad rep", Resulting in flat batterys, and wiring things bad.

After the new stereo was fitted , both fuel pumps would always run, then it started to run bad.
His insurence had to fix his car as he has a policy that covers repairs.

After one garage couldnt fix it , Another garage replaced the air mass sensor solved poor running. but at same time a garage said who ever built the car did it well , they had never seen out like it, bit off one of stuff. and did'nt and couldnt sort the switch and second fuel pump and switch for upping the boost, It has a custom wiring loom and they said the Air mass sensor had been messed with ?

I dont think its been quite right since and he donst mess with it since he got it back.
It still run well dont get me wrong just not peak ?

It has a dump valve ? i told him ages ago i didnt look like it was working right.

Seems it runs a bit lumpy untill on the pedal, Think it's had new cams, It is smooth and no tapping or slapping. Think the engine mounts are near fecked myself.

Overall very nice car and i want it. the paint job it class, although not totally mine needs a few touch ups.

Anyone understand any off that :agree:

loud and clear :D

looks tidy, no doubt make a great motorway muncher with a bit of work.

dave j gtt
16-03-2010, 22:55
ha, The book of recipts, the history for parts service, and the car speaks for its self.

Am honest adam, I sell it how it is . always have, always will.

I always sell cars i put for sale too :D

I have to say, I have first option on this at a cheaper price if i want it, the guys cool, he dosnt want to sell. he has too, needs money really, its costing too much on super unleaded, He has range rover on gas an a golf tdi. and a passat tdi.

He dosnt have time for it no more, its been in his garage thru the past 4 winters and now its going to have to go. he has spent fortune on it, alpine radio £600 , top notch alarm. other special touches.

dave j gtt
16-03-2010, 23:02
loud and clear :D

looks tidy, no doubt make a great motorway muncher with a bit of work.

what you reckon to, It not quite running right. wiring related and boost ecu ?