PDA

View Full Version : R5 campus 1.1 to 1.4 turbo

andy_wpo
15-03-2010, 18:03
First post!

Hello,i'm Andy from Romania and i want to present my project. A r5 campus that was born with a lazy 1.1 engine 45bhp,that in time i don't think taht was more than 20 alive :).
Therefore,here are some pictures with my car when i was buying her.

raj
15-03-2010, 18:45
interesting, ive never seen an r5 dashboard like that before.:)

andy_wpo
15-03-2010, 19:08
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Yes its the lowcost campus level i think :cry:,very hideous dash.Any way i will continue my story.
After i buy the car i start to make some little thinks to the car to look better.New steering wheel ,painting the wheels,tint windows.

andy_wpo
15-03-2010, 19:13

Then i make a big modification by lowering the car.It change the hole car aspect,even if the car exterior was pretty bad.

Kenobi
15-03-2010, 21:54

Then i make a big modification by lowering the car.It change the hole car aspect,even if the car exterior was pretty bad.

I like it. Keep the photos coming.

Trevhib
16-03-2010, 09:23
What a difference lowering the car made on painted black steels, lol. Good job you removed that window tint :scared:

andy_wpo
16-03-2010, 17:35

Yeah,lowering the car is a modification that change the look of the car very much i'n my opinion.
Ok.Next stage is repaint the car and do some body work.

andy_wpo
16-03-2010, 17:37

next ..............

andy_wpo
16-03-2010, 18:08

The finish result and new seat

gtmatt
16-03-2010, 18:13
nice job ,wow that dash is a rear one :), renault always suprise me with things like that

andy_wpo
20-03-2010, 17:06

Hello again.I will continue with my project presentation.
After i paint the car,i was thinking to change the engine,with something stronger.First i was thinking to put a 1.7 r5 engine,but i found a gtt engine complet that has a good price and i was thinking way not.And this is how i begine a titanic work to make everythink to go ok on the car that have a base 1.1 engine,so a lot off thinks i have to change,an a lot of stres with the car that won't work ok.
Here are some pics with the engine when i was buying,cleaning,etc

andy_wpo
20-03-2010, 17:16

picsssss

Markey Mark (BD)
20-03-2010, 17:21
You leaving the engine standard mate or playing with it abit?

Looks good mate :agree:

andy_wpo
20-03-2010, 17:37
Tnks m8,no the engine for now is standard.Like i say i have a lot of problems with it.Fuel pips,fuel pump i burn 3,overheating i change 3 rads.I change the 1.1 rad,then i buy on form a r11 1.4 engine but still overheating from time to time,an today i mountead a gtt rad.I really HOPE that it will go with this one.One off the reason that i join RTOC was to ask peoaple about trobleshooting.
An still have problems with fueling,car go full throttel 1,2,3 and at the 4 it interrupt and most take the foot from throttel.I think that fuel well was the problem,i buy another one.
Any way i was very happy how the car goes with this engine,even if it not go full throttel.Big diference from 1.1 to turbo

A pics of the car how was looking in the summer

Markey Mark (BD)
20-03-2010, 17:44
Did you know how the engine ran in the previous car it come out of?
Over heating could be a number of things, thermostat not opening, headgasket, etc.

andy_wpo
20-03-2010, 18:02
The engine was taken from a schrott,so now i don;t now how was running befor.The thermostat was change,but i\m pretty sure that the rad was to small for this engine.
this is r11 rad

andy_wpo
21-03-2010, 18:02
From yesterday,when i mounted the r5 gtt and gauges,because this dash bord doesn't show anything :(.So oil press,water temp,and turometer.The last one i don't no where to connect the wires to work

The car how it looks after 6 months unmoved

andy_wpo
01-04-2010, 17:14
F..k :mad: my water is heating again very bad.What you guys think it cold be?What are the symptoms of blow headgasket?And my water gauge not indicating right.My water is heating like hell and the gauge read 40 celsius degrees.The gauge are from autogauge

Markey Mark (BD)
01-04-2010, 18:03
Just want to check have you bleed the water system up correctly?

Maybe the thrmostat is siezed, worth trying another one or even taking it out and running it up to see if it heats up.

andy_wpo
01-04-2010, 18:20
The thrmostat is out.Maybe i don't bleed the water system up correctly?How to do it?
Pleas give my ideeas because i;m desperate,i will burn the car if i can't make her to work :wasntme:

Markey Mark (BD)
01-04-2010, 18:25
Fill the header thank up, while holding it higher than all the water pipes then undo the bleed nipples one at a time till water flows through them. Once all air is out refit bleed nipples and refit header tank to bracket.
The engine doesn't need to be running to do this.

jesus in the seat of a 5
01-04-2010, 18:31
Fill the header thank up, while holding it higher than all the water pipes then undo the bleed nipples one at a time till water flows through them. Once all air is out refit bleed nipples and refit header tank to bracket.

:agree:. Bd goes worldwide....:D

andy_wpo
01-04-2010, 18:37

Tnks m8 i will tray to see if this is the problem.If not i will change the headgasket to be sure that is not blow.

p.s is normal that water don t come out off pips if i dont lift up the header thank?

andy_wpo
03-04-2010, 19:42
Hello again :).I resolve the problem with water heatting,alternator belt was off :ashamed:.Now another question,how i adjust my carburattor to stay idle?

Chris Hebden
03-04-2010, 19:57
Hello again :).I resolve the problem with water heatting,alternator belt was off :ashamed:.Now another question,how i adjust my carburattor to stay idle?

Clean the idle jet out first of all, big brass screw on the passengers side of the car (for a left hand drive car). Whats the symptoms?

modfather
03-04-2010, 20:09
i thought this pic might help to locate the idle screw :)

andy_wpo
03-04-2010, 21:01
Tnks modfather.I have a problem when ii throttel sudden,the engine want to die.maybe the carburetor issue?

Chris Hebden
04-04-2010, 11:04
Tnks modfather.I have a problem when ii throttel sudden,the engine want to die.maybe the carburetor issue?

Sounds like accelerator pump issue, have a lookat the articles section to see how to set it up mate

andy_wpo
04-04-2010, 12:11
Sounds like accelerator pump issue, have a lookat the articles section to see how to set it up mate

Can you give me please a link,i cant find the article.tnks

modfather
04-04-2010, 16:09
Can you give me please a link,i cant find the article.tnks

click on this link and at the bottom it tells you how to setup the travel on the acc pump

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=7204&highlight=carb

Chris Hebden
05-04-2010, 11:32
click on this link and at the bottom it tells you how to setup the travel on the acc pump

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=7204&highlight=carb

:agree: This bit below

5mm Drill bit against slot beside throttle butterfly, then let throttle butterfly rest against drill bit then adjust the small bolt to ac pump so that the ac pump Is pushed fully in when the drill bit in place.

andy_wpo
05-04-2010, 12:53
tnks,but to be onest i don t understand much of what is writing there,Were is ac pump,how it looks?I don t now very much about carbs,so sorry for the inconvenience of you could show me some how it will be very good.

Chris Hebden
05-04-2010, 14:50
In the pic below its on the left hand part of the carb (which is the base), its just on the right hand side with a nipple sticking out of it for a vac pipe.

http://old.rtoc.org/articles/i/autofolder/DZSCXKKGSIYAKJJCMNZI.jpg

Have a read here mate http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4743 should give you some more pointers!

Trevhib
05-04-2010, 16:09
What usually needs to be done as regards the fuel system in a 1.1 to GTT conversion guys? Fuel pump/filter? Fuel pressure regulator?

If so, have these been fitted along with the engine Andy?

Markey Mark (BD)
05-04-2010, 16:22
What usually needs to be done as regards the fuel system in a 1.1 to GTT conversion guys? Fuel pump/filter? Fuel pressure regulator?

If so, have these been fitted along with the engine Andy?

When converting a 1.1 to gt you have to fit the gt pump, filter, regulator and the sender unit.

andy_wpo
05-04-2010, 16:42
tnks chris once again :ashamed:.
Trevhib i change all the thinks that MM say.And i change fuel pips because 1.1 fuel pips was to small.

P.S This is acc pump?So what i do?i take it off and putt it again or???

Trevhib
05-04-2010, 18:10
Ok, smart. :agree:

Sounds like you're in the right area with the carb. Make sure you haven't got a boost leak that's opening up under pressure.

andy_wpo
05-04-2010, 18:36
It will be very ok to have a rebuild carb kit.But in my country i can't find anywhere or maybe i dont now from where to buy it. was at renault dealer to ask about it an they say,thay don't bring old parts at order.
And to buy on from cgb or k-tec is more expensive the transport than the kit.So i will wait to make more money and buy more stuff.For now car goes ok,but have some fuel issue.i didn;t replace the fuel pips even that i have them,so at high rpm car hesitate.i belive that is the problem.
Another problem maybe that when i buy the engine,i take out the carb to clean it.The carb looks like new but when i open it i broken this pice.i don;t now how i call it.Can apare problem because of this???

Chris Hebden
06-04-2010, 11:03
tnks chris once again :ashamed:.
Trevhib i change all the thinks that MM say.And i change fuel pips because 1.1 fuel pips was to small.

P.S This is acc pump?So what i do?i take it off and putt it again or???

Yea thats the acc pump! You see that brass coloured flap, put a 5mm drill bit inbetween the side of the carb and the butterfly (the brass coloured flap) and tighten or loosen (what ever it needs) so that the arm that is connected to that threaded bar is pushed all the way in at the carb.

If you have a look at the previous pic i posted that shows the acc pump arm out, when you check yours, with the butterfly open 5mm yours should be the opposite to this and held in place with that 6mm nut.

andy_wpo
09-04-2010, 19:08
Tnks RTOC for the sticker,cars member,etc.I'm very happy haveing a rtoc sticker :D.I put a pics when a put the sticker on

andy_wpo
17-04-2010, 21:12
my new wheels.O.z f1 16" :wasntme:

andy_wpo
18-04-2010, 14:50
Some day pics with the whells

andy_wpo
26-04-2010, 19:16
Hello again :),after going with the car 2 weeks day by day with no problem,now i have a littel one.One day after i race a littel in town,i see that the oil pressure gauge show me 25psi and some time even 10psi.I check the oil........and :eek: all most not a gram of oil.i take a look under the car and few spots off oil on the ground and a lot leaking from..............i don't now from where.When i go normal its not leaking,and the presure ist ok,when i go a littel fast the presure come down and is leaking from somewhere.
Can you give me some ideea???I must say that is not the sump baffled,because is dry,i suspect that is leaking from up side.
Could be the rocker cover gasket???? (http://www.cgbmotorsport.net/rocker-cover-gasket-182-p.asp)

andy_wpo
17-07-2010, 15:17
Although,the car sit like this for about 2 months :eek: ,i want to prepare the car for a drag race that will take place,in about.....a year :wasntme:.Is one off the best drag race from my country,like Sant Pod to you.
So i was thinking to make a nice presence and go with a very fast car.I was thinking at about low 13-mid 12 s/400m.And i want to do this with the 1.4 engine,but i want to be reliable,at least how far is posible.
So give my advice how much HP i need and what will be the mods that i have to make for this achivement?????

andy_wpo
17-07-2010, 21:11
Nobody?????:confused:,i see views but no suggestion:coffee:

Junglist
17-07-2010, 22:35
i would start with a larger alloy front mount intercooler, a larger turbo a different cam (piper 285 seems to be the cam of choice) , also correct fueling at carb to go with all new mods :)

ps when i read your posts ,in my head i give you a funny accent even though i have no idea what a romanian accent sounds like :laugh:

andy_wpo
17-07-2010, 23:04
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: good one:agree:

andy_wpo
27-08-2010, 21:02
What happens with you guys :confused:???Nobody want to help me to make a fast car???A recipe or something????

This days i put a biger intercooler,a bigger exhaust,a bigger radiator,rejet the carb and push at 1 bar the pressure.I earn some hp without the cams????How much pressure i can put on the T2 turbine to be relative ok?1.1 1.2 bars???? What minore tricks i can made to earn more hp????
Im thinking to put a thermal exhaust to heat down the engine compartment.what do you think ?????

Markey Mark (BD)
28-08-2010, 10:41
16psi (1.1 bar) is about the limit on the standard T2 to work effectively, if you want more power i'd be looking at increasing the size of the compressor wheel and housing.

For the moment and your engine spec i'd say standard cam will work fine and should see some good power from it, if you start to increase the turbo size then i'd start looking at cams.

To be honest your not going to get power from heat wrapping the downpipe, all it'll do is hold the heat in the exhaust.

andy_wpo
28-08-2010, 18:29
tnks markey.Yeah i no i don't gain power from wrapping the downpipe,i do it for decrease the heat from the engine bay.
I now 99% what to do to gain power from an engine,i just ask you guys because i have do it to this engine and now what works and not.
Here are some pics of the new rad setup,the intercooler and how bad the car looks right now :coffee:

andy_wpo
02-09-2010, 20:40
intercooler fit

andy_wpo
26-10-2010, 18:02
new car pics,but still with few problems :cry: it seems that i can't enjoy my car at all and at this moment im very very disappointed.I really think to sell the car or parts of it :confused:

Markey Mark (BD)
26-10-2010, 20:25
Whats wrong with the car mate, what are the faults?

Jimmy_GTT
27-10-2010, 07:13
Where are you writing from? I have seen AR in your licens plate. It is Arad if I'm right.
What is the problem with your car?

andy_wpo
27-10-2010, 14:17
hello guys.Yeah Jimmy is Arad at the border with Hungary :)

The problem is overheatig,again,even that i put a very big radiator and i was hopeing i will not have this problem again.No i really think that the headgasket is gone.Is the only problem that i think it can be.The problem is that here we have very poor mechanics that have no ideea about old turbo cars how to setup,so all i do to the car is made be me and friend with fuego.
I wish to have good mechanics and go resolve the problems not trying to guess what can be the problem

Jimmy_GTT
27-10-2010, 14:57
100kms from Szeged. A bit more from Budapest where I'm working.

The best is when you can solve the problems with the help of RTOC. I only had troubles with mechanics.

youngscottie
27-10-2010, 21:10
have you blead all the air from the cooling system?
it can take several atempts to get all the air out
try that and dont dispair theres enough information on here to get you going;)

andy_wpo
27-10-2010, 22:16
Yes,i've done that,but no succes.

Dave Reed
28-10-2010, 10:24
Have you got the thermostat in place?? If so have you tested it for operation??
Is the fan kicking in??

Trevhib
28-10-2010, 13:00
I think while you are wondering about the Renault 5, you should post up a lot of pics of that Fuego you have there, it looks ace! :)

andy_wpo
28-10-2010, 14:32
:):):) yes mate is very nice fuego,i can say is the second best fuego in the world ;)

Here are pics of that Fuego project n

andy_wpo
28-10-2010, 14:34

andy_wpo
28-10-2010, 14:35

andy_wpo
28-10-2010, 14:36

andy_wpo
28-10-2010, 14:44

andy_wpo
30-10-2010, 18:03
Ok,so i resolve today the problem with overheating.It seems that water pump was the problem.I drive today for few minutes and seems ok.Now i have a another problem.
The car run without fuel when go hard.I have the fuel pump in the engine bay and know that in gtt is at the back,near fuel tank.Can be this a problem???I change the fuel piplines with bigger ones,i try with a different carb and same like before.From what i heard,r5 gtt has a different fuel tank from campus.i don't know how you name it,but keep the fuel in tank and not moving when you go hard.Therefore he say to put more fuel,this might be the problem.
If some one from here has made the conversion from campus to gtt,please tell me what you change and what you think that could be the problem.Tnks

TrixNFlix
30-10-2010, 18:08
Ok,so i resolve today the problem with overheating.It seems that water pump was the problem.I drive today for few minutes and seems ok.Now i have a another problem.
The car run without fuel when go hard.I have the fuel pump in the engine bay and know that in gtt is at the back,near fuel tank.Can be this a problem???I change the fuel piplines with bigger ones,i try with a different carb and same like before.From what i heard,r5 gtt has a different fuel tank from campus.i don't know how you name it,but keep the fuel in tank and not moving when you go hard.Therefore he say to put more fuel,this might be the problem.
If some one from here has made the conversion from campus to gtt,please tell me what you change and what you think that could be the problem.Tnks

Your fuel pump is the problem andy. This is why you have burnt out 3 fuel pumps. Needs to be located in the same position as the gtt and the campus 1.4, under the drivers side of the car near the fuel tank. :agree::)

andy_wpo
30-10-2010, 21:29
Tnks m8,one more thing.Have somebody a pics where fuel pump is caught,to make a better notion ????tnks

andy_wpo
07-11-2010, 19:29
i was with the car at a drag race.Best time ever for a R5 1.4 turbo,with a pressure of 1.4 bar,a modified exhaust(a direct pipe from turbo to the front wheel) re jetted carb,toyo r888 tires.....................23sec/400m :D:D:D:D:D

So please change the leader bord time :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

andy_wpo
19-11-2010, 02:10
new pics

Markey Mark (BD)
19-11-2010, 16:31
i was with the car at a drag race.Best time ever for a R5 1.4 turbo,with a pressure of 1.4 bar,a modified exhaust(a direct pipe from turbo to the front wheel) re jetted carb,toyo r888 tires.....................23sec/400m :D:D:D:D:D

So please change the leader bord time :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

400m (pretty much 1/4 mile) in 23sec's. what went wrong mate?

andy_wpo
19-11-2010, 18:36
The t2 failed,to much pressure and there was problem with the turbine before race.
Question:how can i make negative camber :)?????????

Markey Mark (BD)
19-11-2010, 19:24
The t2 failed,to much pressure and there was problem with the turbine before race.
Question:how can i make negative camber :)?????????

1.4bar is alot of pressure for a T2, if you want to run that boost you deffinately want bigger turbo or compressor side then T2.

Are you using this car for drag only?

andy_wpo
19-11-2010, 20:25
yeah i now,but was a low buget race prepering.I want to buy a t28,cams,do work to cylinder head,lightend flywheel,rejeted carb and see then what will be the time

The car is most for drag,but not only.I will drive her on public roads when i want a littel fun.

Tony Walker
19-11-2010, 21:07
I think you should try and make a heatshield of some sort to keep the heat away from your brake servo/ brake fluid resevoir. you'll end up boiling your fluid.

TommyB
20-11-2010, 12:38
What track did you run on?

Markey Mark (BD)
20-11-2010, 17:13
If your mainly drag racing it you don't want more negative camber, if anything you want to get it as close to 0deg camber without making it feel to undrivable on the road

andy_wpo
20-02-2011, 15:30
small update........

andy_wpo
11-04-2016, 20:26
Hy,guy.After a lot of struggling with PayPal,i finally manage to renew my membership.I did that mostly because i start the work to r5 again and off course i need RTOC to resolve issues.

Soooooo.......long time now see,here we go....I manage to make the 5 run pretty good,resolve a lot of stupid problems.Discover that my car didnt pull well because of regulator,something that i told to my friend to change and he didnt want "cause its like new",resolve overheating problem (not properly aired) and after all this littel issue i finally start to drive the car and finally enjoy the car.

Winter came,put the car i garage and "forgot her" for all most a year.Sold the wheels,seats and didnt have a lot o interest in her anymore.But of corse nostalgia hit me and open the garage to see her again

First start after a year.Incredible,started from first key (thats my girl making that strange happy noise)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObcyD7GJ5SE&feature=youtu.be

and a my friend taking her off from garage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ssuzA7ThZ8&feature=youtu.be

So we took it out with the intention to drive the car again.Took the car at my friend house to put new wheels on,clean the carb,etc.And the "forgot" again about her

andy_wpo
11-04-2016, 20:41
Winter came again,car was "abandoned" to my friend house.One evening i got a call from him

"Hy,I find a mint R5 from an old neighbor,only problem.....it's 1.4 Automatic"
"Wow,nice,who cares about automatic gearbox,will change the engine anyway,How much??"
"500 euros negotiable"
"Super,let's see the car"

2h later i came back with a mint R5 1.4 Automatic with only 75k on bord with 400 euros.

Fall in love with her.Always wanted a complet interior (not like campus) ,big dash,full door cards,butterfly windows,it was the perfect r5 i always wanted and the prices was a barging
Even more after a few months i find some one how wanted the gear and engine,sold them with 400euros and practically the car was free.

The idea was to move the engine from the red one in this one and have a nice r5 with a bit of power.

andy_wpo
11-04-2016, 20:55
So at the first ray of sun,moved the car to my friend house to start working on them.Here they are the red and white

And because im the person that change his mind very often,i was thinking to keep both,red one light with gtt engine for race,local rally,etc and the white one with a F7P or F7R ,reliable without fear that something breaks down.So i start polishing the wheels for the red one

And here ends again.Sold the wheels to a m8 and the car was left over again

andy_wpo
11-04-2016, 21:10
2013...One more year gone,summer came again and i started with fresh powers to finally complet one car.I decide to move engine/gearbox on the white one

And thats all for the next 2yr.I mean till now :)

Maybe you ask way i left the car over so many times.Things are pretty simple.I never know to much about mechanics and i had to beg for help every time.Meanwhile i worked as a mechanic and started to know a few things about cars and now i can work to may car alone when nobody can help :D:D

andy_wpo
11-04-2016, 21:22
Forward to 2016,my friend finally built a garage and now we got a nice place to work without waiting for heat to come.This time I work on my car ;) and this time i will finish her
and build her like it should.

andy_wpo
11-04-2016, 21:26

andy_wpo
11-04-2016, 21:28

andy_wpo
11-04-2016, 21:37

So this is pretty much the state of the car,i have to change brake line,accelerator cable,new intercooler route,exhaust,electric wiring,pretty much a lot of work,but i hope i will start the car at the end of this week.

So tnks for reading,i know its a long story ,excuse me for my english and hope will get the help i will need if i will need it.Tnks

Trevhib
12-04-2016, 10:12
What a cool story and project! :cool: Love the pics. The white car looks like a decent base. Hopefully now that you have some skills of your own you'll be able to get things moving more quickly. :agree:

Keep us updated. :)

Matt Cole
12-04-2016, 12:13
Great thread revival! Welcome back:agree::D

andy_wpo
12-04-2016, 19:01
Tnks guys :) .Yeah hope now things will move faster.Got one dilema:Where dose the red wire from alternator goes?Starter??And the batery plus on starter to??Realy dont remeber :confused:

And does any one know what angle i need silicone hose to be so that i can remove Carburettor top lobster???

Trevhib
13-04-2016, 10:59
Answers your wiring questions: http://www.rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/Wiring%20diagrams/WD135%20GENERAL%20FEED.JPG

When people use silicone hoses directly on top of the carb it's at least 90 degrees afaik.

andy_wpo
15-04-2016, 21:36
Done some work on 5 today.Did my cover in a crazy Green,really like it :wasntme:

andy_wpo
15-04-2016, 21:38
Bored turbine and polish her,will not last long like that but it looks cool for now

James5
15-04-2016, 21:41
Loving the project looking good, rocker cover looks fantastic

andy_wpo
15-04-2016, 21:47
Made new piping course,engine bay was a mess before,anyone how worked at my car did a shitty thing honestly

Before

After

Already look a lot better,even tough engine bay needs a good cleaning,that will be next job to do

andy_wpo
15-04-2016, 21:52
last job for today,polish the hell out of intercooler

And new mountings

Turbox
16-04-2016, 00:56
Great story. Keep going and hope the hard work pays off, I am sure it will.

Trevhib
16-04-2016, 10:45
Cool. What are you using to do the polishing?

andy_wpo
16-04-2016, 21:15
Trevhib:AutoSol Metal Polish you can see it at the base of windscreen :)

Not much work done today,manage to weld the pip for blow-off,change front brake lines

and most important i cleand engine :love:

Before

andy_wpo
16-04-2016, 21:24
After

Not perfect but millions time better then before

P.S:Way i can only post 5pics/post (tnks)

andy_wpo
21-04-2016, 21:45
Can anyone help with part no.for rear brake lines???

Mr Raider
21-04-2016, 21:48
These can be made up yourself out of brake pipe or you can buy ready made ones on ebay I think. ;)

Leigh5T
22-04-2016, 12:23
Can anyone help with part no.for rear brake lines???

If you search for a part on Ebay, usually they have all the cross reference part numbers within the item description.

Example - look in item description.....:coffee:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-SUPER-5-1-4-TURBO-GT-1985-TO-1991-REAR-LEFT-RIGHT-BRAKE-LINE-HOSE-CONTIT-/391337287118?fits=Car+Make%3ARenault&hash=item5b1d851dce:g:gKUAAOSwcBhWZYLT

I also find that if you then search for some of the alternative part numbers, and tell Ebay to 'search in description', you'll be able to pick up the same part cheaper....... without the added premium that the 'GT TURBO' attracts. ;)

Hope this helps.

Trevhib
22-04-2016, 15:46
Oh, he's looking for the rear brake flexis, not the copper lines themselves. Good spot Leigh :agree:

Dale, I've scoured dialogys and I can't see the brake flexis (front or back), anywhere in there? :confused:

andy_wpo
22-04-2016, 15:54
NO,NO the cooper one Trevhib,i dont have rear discs,its a 1.4 Automatic at base so no disc.I was looking for new ones in my country,ebay its out of my hand,mostly cause i never order from ebay + postal cost and time of delivery.It looks like i cant found anywhere cooper brake lines that fits to my pistons.

Trevhib
22-04-2016, 16:05
Hi Andy. Ah right, ok.

Have you got a pic of these things? By the sound of it I don't think you're going to get what you want without taking the car to a garage and have them make up replacement copper lines and connectors. Which shouldn't be difficult or expensive??

Leigh5T
22-04-2016, 16:53
Oh, he's looking for the rear brake flexis, not the copper lines themselves. Good spot Leigh :agree:

Dale, I've scoured dialogys and I can't see the brake flexis (front or back), anywhere in there? :confused:

looks like I misunderstood too! :ashamed:

I based my ASSumption on the post showing the front flexis.

My advice still stands for lots of other parts and I've used it successfully a few times for different cars. The quality of some eBay stuff is a bit suspect though and you don't always get the brand that is advertised.

As for for copper lines, I've made my own up in the past too and it works out very cost effective and can be quite satisfying too.

sorry to not be of more specific help for the op.

Trevhib
22-04-2016, 17:21
Aye. :agree:

I think this is a case of take the car to a local place to get them to replicate the existing ones by hand.

andy_wpo
23-04-2016, 19:57
Yeah i think hand made its the way to go,no luck in finding brand new ones.I tried with clios lines,Dacia Logan,but they are different.

Leigh5T - Dosnt look like a big thing to make them,if you can remember the process of doing them would be very appreciated

Leigh5T
23-04-2016, 21:01
There's loads of information on the internet detailing how to make brake lines up.
It's pretty straight forward, with a little patience.

All the pipe, fittings and tools required can be purchased from a car spares shop or online.

I just used cheapo tools like these and they did the job just fine for me.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/231017832321

Just make sure you have the fitting on the pipe, and the right way round, before making the flare!:laugh:

andy_wpo
23-04-2016, 21:21
Tnk you very much,i didnt know about those repair kit tool :worship:

Trevhib
23-04-2016, 21:38
:cool:

Leigh5T
23-04-2016, 21:49
The link I posted shows 3 different tools.

The one on the left is a pipe cutter or pipe slice - used to make a clean cut of the pipe (do not use a hacksaw or other means to cut the pipe as it will not cut cleanly)

The one on the right is a pipe bender - used to make uniform bends in the pipe (copper pipe can be manipulated by hand but I'd recommend using a pipe bender to make sure you don't 'kink' the pipe. The bends will look neater too)

The one in the centre is the flaring tool - once a fitting is slid over the pipe, this tool is used to create the flare that provides the sealing face of the joint. (This tool can be a bit fiddly in my opinion and you may need to practicing a few times before doing the real thing)

I'm no expert in this field so some of the other guys may be able to correct or add to the info provided.

I hope this is helpful.

R5MJH
23-04-2016, 22:01
your pretty much spot on the money matey sp tools make a even easier tool which is even better but this tool does the job needed

sykes picavont I believe

Trevhib
24-04-2016, 08:47
Top quality although quite expensive for the Sykes Pickavant tool :agree: There are a couple of used ones on UK Ebay here atm (ending in 3hrs from now and also tomorrow):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R7.TR11.TRC1.A0.H1.Xsy kes+pi.TRS0&_nkw=sykes+pickavant+brake+flaring+tool&_sacat=0

andy_wpo
25-04-2016, 19:09
Tnks guys for your help.Because of your links i search those tools in my country and actually found a company in my town that makes cutosm cooper brake lines.It's around 5Eur/meter of line + 1Eur for fittings and its all done in 10 min.So tnks,i wouldnt find them without your help :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Trevhib
26-04-2016, 10:20
Great news Andy :smokin: Keep us updated with your progress :agree:

andy_wpo
29-04-2016, 19:42
Question:It's posible to mount rear discs,without changing the hole axle???Of course with hidraulic hand brake

andy_wpo
10-06-2016, 20:02
Hy guys,pls some help.I got it in the pics or not??? 30489

Isnt the Carb fuel pipe to small???I honestly forgot how it was before on the red R5

Trevhib
13-06-2016, 13:15
Managed to cobble this info together from doing a search. So, assuming the info is correct:

Middle is definitely fuel flow (i.e. to the carburetor)

The breather/vent port is the one that is very narrow inside with a pin hole through it.

The return therefore is the remaining port, i.e. not the middle one and having a much larger internal diameter hole than the breather/vent.

andy_wpo
10-07-2016, 12:01
Good news guys car its on streets for some weeks and until now everything works pretty nice.Even made a short trip (50km) and run the car to some highspeeds without problems.http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww109/andy_wpo/20160618_134809.jpg

So after making the car work its time to make her pretty too,so the car its at Paint Shop waiting for a new color and rust problem resolved.I will not keep the side panels and dont know about the color either :confused:

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww109/andy_wpo/20160709_125834.jpg
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww109/andy_wpo/20160709_125847.jpg
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww109/andy_wpo/20160709_125854.jpg
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww109/andy_wpo/20160709_145340.jpg