PDA

View Full Version : Clio 1.7 Volvo Turbo

Miller
15-03-2010, 00:13
I thought it was about time I did a projects thread on this car. Some of you might remember the car from back in 2007 at the rtoc/fcs national day.

It started out its life a clio 1.8 16 valve before I had bought it, it was made to look like a Williams clio with the decals and the wheels. When I bought the car in 2007 for £1500 it had the following modifications already done to it. The car had just had lots or general wear and tear parts changed just before I bought it, as well as a major service.

Engine
¨ Oversize green air filter
¨ Magnex cat back exhaust system
¨ Its now been de-cated

Suspension & Brakes
¨ Lowered on -50mm springs
¨ Koni adjustable’s all round
¨ Green stuff discs and pads all round

Interior
¨ Custom cobra sidewinders, with clio 16v stitched into them and blue centres

The whole time it was used it did not miss a beat and that’s quite good considering Emma was driving it. The main problem we had with was the gearbox, it would not go into 5th very well. I even gave the car to my step cousin for 6 months and he thought it was just a 4 speed, he did not know any different until a few months after I got it back.

So back to what is happening with it now, well I went and bought a M reg Volvo 440 turbo with just 76,894 on the clock and two owners from new. The last owner had the car thought motability so it had extensive dealer service history and was a very nice car.

When I went to see the Volvo the owner would keep on say things like there is a ding in this panel or that panel and I would say “it doesn’t matter” then he said the electric areal does not work and I said “it does not matter” After about the 5th time he said to me, what do you want the car for and I told him. At first he was like, it too good a car to do that to but he still sold it for………….£400 mot;ed for a year and he had to keep the tax disc because of his disability.

The volvo in the scrap yard after i remeved the engine....

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=762&pictureid=10690

Now for the interesting stuff…well kind of. For the first year it sat on the drive and did nothing. In that time I started collecting parts to start the conversion and some other bits I wanted for the car, these included:

¨ 2.0 N/A Cam
¨ 2.0 inlet manifold (just say “Electronic Fuel Injection”)
¨ Large 2.0 throttle body
¨ Volvo 750 green injectors with resistor pack
¨ Scoff Tuning modified ecu
¨ Massive twin pass intercooler
¨ Worn t28 200sx turbo…sent for rebuild by adam L
¨ .49ar saab turbo exhaust housing (round three bolt 2” outlet)
¨ Custom oil feed with filter and take off for original 16v oil pressure sensor
¨ New 215mm Valeo clutch
¨ New timing belt kit
¨ Full service kit
¨ RSI drivers side engine mount.
¨ GT Turbo Rad
¨ 10” Slimline Fan
¨ Williams seatbelt
¨ Williams gear knob
¨ Blue Dial Kit
¨ Digital boost gauge (to go in place of the outside temp gage)
¨ 4X 195x50x15 toyo T1-R’s
¨ Full stainless steel brake flexi’s
¨ AP four pots and 305 mm discs of a MG TF160
¨ I just bought un-used a APEXI SAFC 2 http://www.trikmods.co.uk/electronics.html

I would like to point out my objective with this car is to keep it looking as standard as possible even to the point of having no coloured hoses/tell tail clues. It is going to be functional with as many standards parts retained as possible so when you open the bonnet it will still look original.

Just before i removed the original engine.....
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=762&pictureid=10691

Then at Christmas 2008 I decided to pull the engine out and get on with the conversion. I got the engine out, new clutch, timing belt, RSI engine mount then box back on for me going back to work in january. Then over the next few weekend I put the engine in, the next job was the wiring…….More info to follow

dave-sbs
15-03-2010, 17:44
are you serving your time on this miller...chop chop :D

Miller
10-06-2020, 14:10
are you serving your time on this miller...chop chop :D

Still not done anything with it.......😂