PDA

View Full Version : Renaults re-visit Brands...

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
14-03-2010, 23:46
Mr Clark, Mr Davies and myself are at Brands........this week. :burnrubber:

Alastair
14-03-2010, 23:49
Mr Clark, Mr Davies and myself are at Brands........this week. :burnrubber:

Awesome, good luck guys - are you competing or shaking down? Post up some lap times too please!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
14-03-2010, 23:51
Dave and Oli are shaking down.....I'm out just for fun....and trying to keep up with them!
Doing my rain dance right now.....

Hopefully the new surface would have worn in a little....Britcar were there at the week-end.

Penfold aka The Dealer
15-03-2010, 06:58
When? I wouldnt mind popping down to spectate if possible...

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
15-03-2010, 07:33
Thursday 18th.

Lewis
15-03-2010, 22:53
Likewise I might try and get over for a nosy and a chit chat. What time you guys there from?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-03-2010, 12:17
MSV site would tell you more than I could....

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
18-03-2010, 18:18
......my ears are ringing.....
Approx 130 laps today in the Blue Clio.......knackered!! Like my tyres!!:laugh:

g10far
19-03-2010, 14:01
I bet they are. Thanks for the laps in the clio Matt, to be honest I'm not the best passenger but didnt want to appear too scared!!! Was very impressed with the car/driver, nocked me down a peg or two (thinking I can drive ha)
Thanks again
Gio

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-03-2010, 14:23
A bloomin' pleasure mate, nice to meet you. If you think the Clio goes well...Daves car is ballistic.... Shame you didn't get a run in it. Matt

g10far
19-03-2010, 18:22
A bloomin' pleasure mate, nice to meet you. If you think the Clio goes well...Daves car is ballistic.... Shame you didn't get a run in it. Matt

Well I'm just impressed with the valver engine, pulls very well for an atmo car, and it was a bargain by the sounds of it too!!!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
20-03-2010, 07:18
I'm building an engine to the same spec as the Clio for my red r5 but using different bike carbs and programmable ignition....hopefully it should go just as well.....:burnrubber:

Photos are on rawaction photography website....

jesus in the seat of a 5
20-03-2010, 07:57
Pity i couldnt make this event chaps but i was working , please inform me of others in the future if poss, it would be nice to be out again with you lot...:), glad you had a succesfull day...any pics?...:D

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
20-03-2010, 09:02
Weather and track surface MUCH better than last time....
Would be good to get the fives out again. More than likely at the end of the race season for most of us though.....

Penfold aka The Dealer
20-03-2010, 09:17
Well I'm just impressed with the valver engine, pulls very well for an atmo car, and it was a bargain by the sounds of it too!!!

:agree: Matts engine is sweet, very good power, would seriously consider the same engine myself in the future.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
27-03-2010, 22:09
Well........a big hats off the Mr Clark and Mr Davies.....
No problems today in the first race of the Toyo tyres race season at Brands Hatch, and good results too!

*Yellow*
02-05-2010, 23:06
Here the first few laps :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr2yzmvx17Y

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-05-2010, 20:00
Well, they did it once again, Dave and Oli on the Brands GP circiut in the fives, Terry and Gary as guests in the DMN/Tintops.

olidaviesuk
24-05-2010, 15:20
Yep cracking day, Cheers to Matt and Dave for making sure that I got out for race 1 after some mechanical problems in qualifying.. had some great fun starting from the back of the grid and cutting my way through the traffic, till I was rudely bumped off by an Alfa..... Meanwhile Dave was keeping everybody very busy at the front of the grid with an hugely impressive 12/44 (considering that the front end of the grid was comprised mostly of Sierra Cosworths and E36 M3s, the little R5 is a real wolf in sheeps clothing) :D

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKGAPuygBI8

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7zXvxuqNpQ

Alastair
24-05-2010, 17:21
Looks awesome guys, I am very jealous! Excellent result for Dave too - you must have been flying :eek: Shame about the bump Oli, much damage?

dangerous dave
24-05-2010, 17:45
great to watch, propper donut in the alfa, you were all over him without bumping him.. he was clearly out powered and out driven.. :agree:

fix it up and get back out there:smokin:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
24-05-2010, 17:51
Yeah, Oli's comment earlier to me was "like trying to overtake a bus with a moped".:laugh:
Not much damage....rear bumper out of shape....'Roy the Boy's' big crowbar fixed that and a few trims off......don't worry guys 'Code Red" will sort it along with a couple of planned tweeks too.......;)

Oh, and yes....very proud of the 'Orrible lot' for being the clean drivers......and providing some close racing:burnrubber:

*Yellow*
24-05-2010, 19:02
Cracking day all round. Nice to see Oli finally getting to enjoy the 5 after all the problems last year and all the work his put in for this year:)

Was unbelievably hot out there, but the car performed well considering, and well pleased with the results staying infront of some impressive machinery;)

As always massive thanks to Matt5....Code Red....always there for advise and getting his hands dirty:wasntme:

Get some in car action up soon.

jesus in the seat of a 5
24-05-2010, 19:18
Nice footage , good going peeps , keep up the good work...:), i must admit i never get bored of the r5 on track and just as in the vids , its allways surprising against other more modern , high powerd machinery...:D, mind you , it helps if you have a few of matts tweeks here and there....;), at the moment im only on his sticker phase...:laugh:, get some of that goldstar footage up dave...:agree:, superb...:)

*Yellow*
25-05-2010, 17:34
get some of that goldstar footage up dave...:agree:, superb...:)

Here you go Jeebs:)

Start of the first race before the safety car came out to stop the fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRXEqZ4OxA

olidaviesuk
25-05-2010, 17:55
shes not in too bad shape at all mate, hopefully gonna get her fixed up by next weekend, all fairly cosmetic stuff really! :)

Looks awesome guys, I am very jealous! Excellent result for Dave too - you must have been flying :eek: Shame about the bump Oli, much damage?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
25-05-2010, 18:05
Easy fix....especially with all the spares the "Three Renaulteers" have hidden away.....;)

jesus in the seat of a 5
25-05-2010, 18:52
Here you go Jeebs:)

Start of the first race before the safety car came out to stop the fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRXEqZ4OxA

love it dave, what tyres are you using their dave?, slicks or 888`s?, love the engine note..keep them revs up...:laugh:, makes me jelous and wanna book some much needed track time now....:), good to see the new engine being bedded in...:laugh:

g10far
26-05-2010, 14:15
Great driving guy's, both of you! Oli your must have more patience than me I would have felt the need to get out and lamp the Alfa driver, what a helmet!!!!

Dave cracking driving mate, glad to see some fives out there ripping up the black top!

:agree:

*Yellow*
26-05-2010, 16:35
Were running on 888`s as Toyo sponsor the series:)

Heres a couple laps from the second race, got a great start, made up 5 places on first couple corners before they all mobbed me on the long back straight.

http://www.youtube.com/user/C14KEY#p/a/u/0/7vVK2zsHAG0

olidaviesuk
26-05-2010, 17:41
Cracking start mate, that Lotus sunbeam is really quick, hes not in our class is he, the speed he comes past on the back straight.... :smokin:
Were running on 888`s as Toyo sponsor the series:)

Heres a couple laps from the second race, got a great start, made up 5 places on first couple corners before they all mobbed me on the long back straight.

http://www.youtube.com/user/C14KEY#p/a/u/0/7vVK2zsHAG0

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
18-06-2010, 21:35
The 'orrible lot are off to Snetterton this weekend, I wish them the best of luck......and please bring them home in one piece!!! Heh! Matt5

Tony Walker
18-06-2010, 23:36
Great driving, that was more exciting than watchin F1, i was biting me nails lol.
Glad you got past him, but i was so wishing you'd put him in the wall, what an idiot, he was just being dangerous. can marshals view tapes you've recorded??

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-06-2010, 13:05
HE HEE!!
This one should be fun, they have qualified next to each other on the grid....:burnrubber:

Yesterday........

Alastair
19-06-2010, 15:59
Good luck guys, just watched your in car vid getting a shunt from the Alpha, you were going well ! I was veryimpressed that you managed to keep control of your temper after the shunt i would have been effing and blinding at him for that:laugh::laugh::laugh: Or could you just not hear you!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-06-2010, 16:00
......at the moment both cars are struggling....:(

Alastair
19-06-2010, 16:01
......at the moment both cars are struggling....:(

Whats up?

Oh and can i spot Ollie running wiliams alloys - 15" ???

Penfold aka The Dealer
19-06-2010, 16:04
:( i hope they both get on ok, weather being ok?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-06-2010, 16:07
Weather was poo all night.....wet tents and awning nearly disappearing in the wind....
Dave got squeezed at the start, Oli having gear problems......:(

Alastair
19-06-2010, 21:04
Weather was poo all night.....wet tents and awning nearly disappearing in the wind....
Dave got squeezed at the start, Oli having gear problems......:(

Ive got a brand new gearbox from renault in the garage, i bought it for a fortune a coupleof years ago and only used it for a few thousand miles. Ill swap it for some R888 ;););) if Oli needs it...

Alastair
19-06-2010, 21:39
Any results yet matt?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
20-06-2010, 09:11
I think Dave got class win, followed by Oli. (Oli was fastest lapper in both races too).
I'm sure they will be on here later......

olidaviesuk
20-06-2010, 10:24
Cheers for the offer Ali, just a combination of gear oil not up to the job and a beefier rear engine mount needed... easily sorted :)

Qually: 13th and 14th out of 29 starters

Race 1: Dave got really stitched up @ the start with some very poor driving by several other drivers who were taking really unessacary risks (its not F1 or BTCC) who tried to win the race at the first corner :sad2: Dave kept his foot in and stopped what was already a really nasty shunt becoming really, really serious. Hopefully the two drivers who caused it will be getting their driving standards looked at, as two shunts in so many races are two to many as far as i'm concerned. Anyway, I caught up and passed the VW sirocco who was leading our class, till the car got stuck in gear and I had to retire.

Race 2: Both 5s started second to back row, Dave got off to a blinder of a start and we both proceeded to start cutting our way through the traffic, were positioned 1st and 2nd in class, till the rain came down, not driven the renault or r888's in the wet and spun at the bombhole :crap: recovered and finished the race, finished 19th, Dave finished 10th overall and 1st in class :agree:

I think Dave got class win, followed by Oli. (Oli was fastest lapper in both races too).
I'm sure they will be on here later......

*Yellow*
20-06-2010, 10:45
What a day:(..... a very wet and windy Snetterton in June.

Me and Oli qualified ok, and side by side on the grid. Race 1...got a terrible start with too much wheelspin, once it got going was hit in the rear spinning me sideways and took a big hit in the passenger side pushing me the other way into the armco, bounced of of that and another hit in the passenger side, rear bumper hanging on ground and rubbing on tyre so pulled off.
Oli had the class win in the bag and had to retire with gearbox probs, not good for us both, that race:(

Massive thanks to Oli for getting the car out for race 2, started at the back in 26th place and finished 10th for the class win:)

Something to brighten up a shocking weekend.

jesus in the seat of a 5
20-06-2010, 10:57
Sounds like a really eventfull day guys , shame weather was pants and that various things were against you both...:(, still sounds like you both battled on and did very well considering...:eek:, hats off to you both for even being out there, some of us havent even seen a track for a few months....:cry:, glad to hear this all though and keep up to date with how youve both been doing, it keeps one inspired to get cracking with finishing things on the cup and getting out there...well done lads!!!...:)

*Yellow*
20-06-2010, 21:08
The 5 takes a beating....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uravamQ_pc :(

Shane P
20-06-2010, 21:37

That's horrendous ! Someone hit you from behind?

*Yellow*
20-06-2010, 21:53
That's horrendous ! Someone hit you from behind?

Yeah, he tagged me, which sent me sideways :(

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
23-08-2010, 20:29
Good results again for the 'orrible lot, this time at Cadwell park.....

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
18-09-2010, 20:23
Right!.....the 'orrible lot are at play again at Brands GP circuit tomorrow.:burnrubber:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-09-2010, 20:42
The 'orrible lot' were fantastic today again, the track commentators were loving the R5's!!! Bearing in mind the Renaults were running full dashboards and glass,as per regs, the guest tin tip boys were left in their wake, and fairly so, excellent clean driving from the boys yet again. Well proud, even my 5 year old daughter was on her feet cheering and clapping!:laugh: only downside was a chucked fanbelt in race 2, up until then, 'full boost ahead'!!!

zinc
19-09-2010, 21:07

:eek:

Pretty nifty handwork there to keep it in straight line! :agree:

Sounds like there was a fair bit of damage?

*Yellow*
01-10-2010, 19:38
Couple of laps on Brands GP, great track:)

Not a good day and this didnt help going from 5th to 2nd snapping the waterpump belt :( after such a good start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPGfWAs4Eb8

jesus in the seat of a 5
01-10-2010, 21:10

Not a good day and this didnt help going from 5th to 2nd snapping the waterpump belt :( after such a good start.

nice going dave, looking good out there buddy..hes infront , im in front, hes infront, im infront....he got lucky...:laugh:, nice to see the ole girl going strong again, driver aint too bad either...;), i like brands and cant wait to do cadwell myself soon for the first time...:)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
15-10-2010, 19:05
The 'orrible lot are at Silverstone this weekend.......Clarky in the 'yellow peril' and Oli in the 'Pink panther'.......
Good luck fellas!!;)
Matt@codered.

Sam Fish
18-10-2010, 13:13

What a start!

I am so tempted!
how far have you strayed from 'cup' regs? Would a standard cup car be competitive (against the rest of the field, and in class)?
Cant afford a load of 'investment', but would love to race with some other 5's!

I have some old lap times I can compare against... Although they where on slicks.

*Yellow*
21-10-2010, 22:19
how far have you strayed from 'cup' regs? Would a standard cup car be competitive (against the rest of the field, and in class)?
Cant afford a load of 'investment', but would love to race with some other 5's!

I have some old lap times I can compare against... Although they where on slicks.

Hi Sam,

We have strayed quite a bit from the `cup` regs.........running a lsd, T25@16psi,d/c intercooler,285 cam and currently running Ledas on front.

I doubt a standard cup car would be competitive in class/field, but I`m sure there will be someone to play with as a good mix of cars:). Oli ran his car pretty standard last year and had some fun.

Would be interested to compare some lap times if you got some.

Me and Oli are both racing at Brands in November if you fancy coming along, might get you in the mood to get out there:D

Sam Fish
21-10-2010, 22:33
Your car looks mega fast, especially starting next to the 'slower' stuff at the back.

Yeah, would love to come down for a bit! Thanks :agree:
Im desperate to do some racing, but money is non existent. I have a mk1 golf or a LHD cup car, but not sure which to go for. Both need a bit of work. Either could run in that championship I imagine, so would be good to have a look! My heart is with the R5 though. But the golf is a bit more developed.

I know you run on the Toyos, but do you ever need slicks? I had a contact at a Formula renault team, and the fronts would fit perfectly..... He said he had loads of part used ones I could shift for not much $$$$.

when will you be there? :)

PS: Steve Meli got a 55.00 round brands in '98 (fastest time i have). Thats on slicks though. That was during the uber competitive super coupe cup meetings - so that was pushing it to the limit.

*Yellow*
21-10-2010, 22:59
Were there on the 7th November......let me know nearer the time if you can make it;)

There were a few golfs running in the TTRS this year, take a look at the 2011 regs when they get published to see what would be best, but as you know whatever you go for is going to cost £££££, thats motorsport:crap:

Thanks, with give you a shout on the slicks as always good for trackdays.

55`s round Brands Indy is very impressive, those boys could certainly peddle those cup cars:cool:

Sam Fish
21-10-2010, 23:05
Great, Ill try my best to be there. Ill let you know.

I better get earning! :scared:

Tony Walker
21-10-2010, 23:08

Pretty incredible going in to 2nd from 5th only snapped the alty belt, I doubt many otyher engines would of been so forgiving.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
06-11-2010, 21:25
More action from the boys with the toys!!!

The 'orrible lot visit Brands Hatch again tomorrow, bring on the good stuff!!!:D

Come on Oli Davies (pink R5GTT), Dave Clark (yellow R5GTT), Gary Chappell (Toyota Celica) and Terry Searles (MG ZR)!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-11-2010, 13:21
Oli had a massive off today, quick visit to medical centre, seems ok. R5 is not too good, nearly jumped the barrier at paddock.......:crap:

Alastair
07-11-2010, 15:27
Oli had a massive off today, quick visit to medical centre, seems ok. R5 is not too good, nearly jumped the barrier at paddock.......:crap:

Very sorry to hear that, glad he is ok. What happened did he get a shunt going in?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-11-2010, 17:15
He is OK, but will ache in the morning........4 barrel type rolls nearly leaping the barrier landing badly upside down against tyres......he got out after an agonising wait......The car isn't too good, but a quick check revealed many salvagable parts......
Very lucky, and definately thanks to the roll cage!!!
Dave had a cracking day...in fact he was so happy to be there, he lined up on a grid for a race he wasn't entered in!!!:ashamed:
Gary and Terry ran well too.
Well done boys!!!
Matt5

Penfold aka The Dealer
07-11-2010, 18:10
Glad to hear Oli is ok, car looks a mess tho :-(

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-11-2010, 18:36
I think he will pop a vid up later........:eek:
The old girl was flying!!!!

olidaviesuk
07-11-2010, 18:50
one video as advertised.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf86TSlaV3U

Nothing that a reshell and some pink paint can't cure :(

Gutted as was finally going really well :crap:

Big applause for the day goes to Clarky as he finished 3rd despite the fact that I managed to undo the nice run he had at the field with waved yellows all over!

jesus in the seat of a 5
07-11-2010, 18:55
:eek:..blimmey oli... glad your in one piece bud {not sure mentally..;)}, damn the car looks bad, let it be said boys n girls if partaking in races or track days...a roll cage is a must...:eek:, oli , if i can help patch the the ole girl up...body kit wise etc , just let me know bud, dont take me long to get to yours loaded up...;), other than that well done chaps for getting the ole girl out there!!!

Nice pull at the end of the vid too buddy...:agree:

*Yellow*
07-11-2010, 20:02
Absolutely gutted for Oli, he finally got the car going how he wanted and was really on the pace today. The main thing is, he is ok, maybe a bit sore tomorrow mind.

We had a cracking day, the `code red` 5GTT was awesome:), great fun going through the traffic with the handicapping, 3rd and a 5th well happy.

*Yellow*
07-11-2010, 20:03
Dave had a cracking day...in fact he was so happy to be there, he lined up on a grid for a race he wasn't entered in!!!:ashamed:

:laugh::wasntme:

mike r5 gtt
07-11-2010, 20:17
:eek::eek: that looked like a big off. glad your ok :agree::agree:

been watching all the vids u guys have been posted and this race series looks great.
both oli and clarky seem to be driving really well :agree:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-11-2010, 20:58
I'm biased.....but who cares!!!:D I think these two are great chaps, really showing the more modern stuff what for:yeah:
Watching them today was fantastic....;)My nearly 4 year old son was going mad over the 5's.....when I rang my other half and told my daughter that 'her pink car' was damaged she was very sad....:laugh:
Next year? Bigger, better, faster........stonger.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-11-2010, 22:20
Few more.....

*Yellow*
08-11-2010, 10:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS1MlgeOVXY

:cry:

JRP
08-11-2010, 11:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS1MlgeOVXY

:cry:

JESUS FECKING WEPT! glad your ok, the big man upstairs was on your side :)

Kris M
08-11-2010, 20:06
Bloody hell Oli, glad your ok, sorry to see the car like that :crap:

olidaviesuk
09-11-2010, 20:32
Cheers guys....

Well on the way to a reshell already thanks to my bro, matt5 and clarky.

All caused by a combination of a bit of overenthusiastic driving and too much rear brakes :crap:

I would just say to all of you trackday guys and girls, if you don't already have a rollcage, decent seat and harness installed properly, I would get one!!!!!

The 5 isn't the strongest car in the world as shown by my slightly dented 5 pickup. Without a doubt the safety gear saved my life, and although in the past i've driven other cars on the track without a cage etc, I very much doubt I will be in the future, it doesn't take much for something to go wrong...

car.crash
09-11-2010, 20:49
oli what cage are you using and is it bolt or weld in?

glad to see you walk away from that :)

dangerous dave
09-11-2010, 21:03

any pics from inside showing the cage doing its work..

olidaviesuk
09-11-2010, 22:33
did have the original 5 cup devil cage in, albeit with a lot of additional bracing and tieing in to the a and b pillars. Will be going for a safety devices cage next, again with custom bracing and probably will tie into a, b pillars and possibly front turrets and transmission tunnel...

Ta,

olidaviesuk
09-11-2010, 22:41
no there won't be, cage did it's job, drivers compartment was completely intact with no intrusion or distortion from any of the mounting points. tbh at the moment i'm feeling very lucky just to have walked away from it, I certainly won't be going near the car for a few weeks! :(

No offense, but other than Matt@code red and Mark Fish who would probably want to see how the cage worked from a technical view for improving installation and safety in the future, I don't really see why anybody would want to look at that kinda thing, kinda feels like rubbernecking at the scene of an accident to me :sad2:

any pics from inside showing the cage doing its work..

dangerous dave
09-11-2010, 22:47
no there won't be, cage did it's job, drivers compartment was completely intact with no intrusion or distortion from any of the mounting points. tbh at the moment i'm feeling very lucky just to have walked away from it, I certainly won't be going near the car for a few weeks! :(

No offense, but other than Matt@code red and Mark Fish who would probably want to see how the cage worked from a technical view for improving installation and safety in the future, I don't really see why anybody would want to look at that kinda thing, kinda feels like rubbernecking at the scene of an accident to me :sad2:

i wanted to know or see if the cage was failing at any point, but your right, its was stupid to wonder about my safety..

i'll do one;)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
09-11-2010, 23:08
The cage didn't fail, and Oli is ok, the fact Oli is ok was all we were interested in.
If you install a cage (and all the other associated equipment required by race safety experts) and do it properly, it might do the same, that's probably all you need to know isn't it?

olidaviesuk
09-11-2010, 23:12
Fair enough, little bit of tact tho mate, only did it on Sunday! if you had a standard safety devices, omp bolt in etc, they don't usually tie into the A pillars or B pillars as standard, you'd also wanna tie the rollhoop mounting points into the sill as well as the floorpan as the floor on the 5 is weak is anything.. That's why it stood up so well, more a weld in with all the mods rather than bolt in

You would need to examine the shell in detail to learn anything useful to see how the impact had been dissipated, pictures wouldn't really give a lot away.

i wanted to know or see if the cage was failing at any point, but your right, its was stupid to wonder about my safety..

i'll do one;)

dangerous dave
10-11-2010, 00:13
Fair enough, little bit of tact tho mate, only did it on Sunday! if you had a standard safety devices, omp bolt in etc, they don't usually tie into the A pillars or B pillars as standard, you'd also wanna tie the rollhoop mounting points into the sill as well as the floorpan as the floor on the 5 is weak is anything.. That's why it stood up so well, more a weld in with all the mods rather than bolt in

You would need to examine the shell in detail to learn anything useful to see how the impact had been dissipated, pictures wouldn't really give a lot away.

no worries.. i have the omp cage which has only been offered up at the mo, but will be off for a propper fitting before it hits the road again. it needs a bar added for the harnesses and looks like some extras might be added. thats some good info, but like you say its difficult to cover without a good look to see it all, i struggle to find a way of wording my questions:crap: and looking how well it did, i have some.. :agree:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
10-11-2010, 00:23
Which cage? OMP made different ones, 6 point bolt, 10 point bolt, multipoint weld...... Then the old ones had 38 mm main, later ones 52 mm main.
If you have extras welded in get it tig welded, I did mine, tied it into the screen surround upper section and B pillars plus door bars.

Alex
10-11-2010, 07:41
That really is a shocking accident - glad you're o.k. :eek:

Re the OMP cages; I have a 6 point bolt in cage and if anyone can tell me how to actually bolt in the rear part properly I'd like to hear from them. The rear legs mount in the boot area, right above the chassis rails and the legs just behind the driver mount where the rear seats would be, which is right where the axle bolts through? :scratch:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
10-11-2010, 09:58
E-mail me a photo on the code red address if you like.... Matt

Alex
10-11-2010, 12:09
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=189&pictureid=6953

You can just about make out the mounting points in this picture. There's not even enough room to put a plate under the legs either are the hoop's touching the roof as it is. It's a bit of a weird one! :scared:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
10-11-2010, 14:27
Blimey, where/who did you get that from....

dangerous dave
10-11-2010, 16:39
Which cage? OMP made different ones, 6 point bolt, 10 point bolt, multipoint weld...... Then the old ones had 38 mm main, later ones 52 mm main.
If you have extras welded in get it tig welded, I did mine, tied it into the screen surround upper section and B pillars plus door bars.

mines a six like Alex's here with what must be the 52mm main hoop, with the front section allowing for the dash to stay in one piece, but im sure the legs on mine go to the floor and there deffo on the rear wheel drums.. main hoop has bolt fixings for the top seat belt holes, and another near the visors. (did the cup cars get bolted to the roof?) jesus said his old devil cage had a good few extra mountings so i've always had my eye out.

its good to know how the cage held up after the roll and impact/s, i'll skip straight past a simple bolt in and have it welded.. :)

*Yellow*
10-11-2010, 17:25
Incar video....................finished 3rd:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25gfPVqYzk4

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
10-11-2010, 17:41
mines a six like Alex's here with what must be the 52mm main hoop, with the front section allowing for the dash to stay in one piece, but im sure the legs on mine go to the floor and there deffo on the rear wheel drums.. main hoop has bolt fixings for the top seat belt holes, and another near the visors. (did the cup cars get bolted to the roof?) jesus said his old devil cage had a good few extra mountings so i've always had my eye out.

its good to know how the cage held up after the roll and impact/s, i'll skip straight past a simple bolt in and have it welded.. :)

That makes it a later 10 point. (2 in the roof, 2 in the b pillars, 4 on the floor and 2 in the rear wheel arches). Does it have the large plates included? If not it's useless bolting/welding just the cage feet to the car, it needs to spread the loads. Matts car (Jesus) was used for other things than just cup racing......

dangerous dave
10-11-2010, 18:46
That makes it a later 10 point. (2 in the roof, 2 in the b pillars, 4 on the floor and 2 in the rear wheel arches). Does it have the large plates included? If not it's useless bolting/welding just the cage feet to the car, it needs to spread the loads. Matts car (Jesus) was used for other things than just cup racing......

10 point sounds better :cool: didn't get the plates so they will need sorting out:( needs must tho:)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
10-11-2010, 18:57
Without them, it's not much use for racing, but fine for hanging around in Mcdonalds car parks, if its the one I'm thinking of, you still have to clip off the dash corners, unless some numpty has shortened it.

Back on topic...... Nice vid Dave, but stop scracthing your nose!!!! :laugh:

Kris M
10-11-2010, 19:10
The only extra points the standard Devil cage has are where it picks up on the o.e seatbelt mount, kinda at ear height ( cant explain it properly :D )

You can see it just above the top of the seat in this pic

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=317&pictureid=6106

+ another pic of the devil cage in my car if anyones interested

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=317&pictureid=6107

jesus in the seat of a 5
10-11-2010, 19:18

Dave , thats just inspired me to maybe race the black cup car next year with you boys....good vid.:agree:, maybe i can get some info from you sometime regards how and what must be done etc?...:)
On another note apart from the devil cage being extremely rare etc and having some other bolt in places, i still think the safety devices cage looks much stronger..:scratch:, must say though judging by what poor old oli went through..:cry:, the devil seems strong enough {unless it was down to the extra work done on it?}.

olidaviesuk
10-11-2010, 19:21
Great drive dave, really quick and smooth from start to finish! :agree:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
10-11-2010, 19:52
Dave , thats just inspired me to maybe race the black cup car next year with you boys....good vid.:agree:, maybe i can get some info from you sometime regards how and what must be done etc?...:)
On another note apart from the devil cage being extremely rare etc and having some other bolt in places, i still think the safety devices cage looks much stronger..:scratch:, must say though judging by what poor old oli went through..:cry:, the devil seems strong enough {unless it was down to the extra work done on it?}.

Matty, if you want to go racing, join your local motor racing club and borrow a blue book.
You have probably done enough trackdays to be comfortable to drive fast on track, so.....book yourself an ARDS course.
Once you have passed the ARDS, check out the championships the car fits and be prepared to spend some money on the safety stuff, proper overalls and helmet etc.......
Then.....go and play!!

Alastair
10-11-2010, 20:02
Matty, if you want to go racing, join your local motor racing club and borrow a blue book.
You have probably done enough trackdays to be comfortable to drive fast on track, so.....book yourself an ARDS course.
Once you have passed the ARDS, check out the championships the car fits and be prepared to spend some money on the safety stuff, proper overalls and helmet etc.......
Then.....go and play!!

Here here mate, get it done Jeez, you wont regret it buddy (but your wallet might!)... very addictive! Any new progress pics on your black one?

Glad to hear Oli is getting a new shell back in the game, hope you can rescue most of the parts Matt:agree: Is it going to be pink again?

g10far
11-11-2010, 13:19
Sorry to hear what happened Oli, main thing is your ok bud.

Great driving Dave, just watched the vid, you ploughed through the grid mate, Tim was there watching and said you did a great job.

Was that the last race of the season?

Sam Fish
11-11-2010, 14:56
So sad to see this :(
Big shame ollie, great to see your ok, and still enthusiastic.
Saw a picture in Autosport club section.

Well worth the window net when racing, I'm sure you'll agree.
I was hoping to come along and see you guys, but couldnt in the end.
Maybe see you soon.

This pink one became the scrap container :sad2:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t266/samfishy/IMG_0879.jpg

*Yellow*
11-11-2010, 16:22
Was that the last race of the season?

It was........I`ve a invite to race at Brands again on Saturday before the Britcar night race gets started.

Tempted for one more........................

Alex
11-11-2010, 17:21
Blimey, where/who did you get that from....

I bought mine from Demon Tweeks.

It has no other fixing points for the roof but did come with some plates which I've used on the front section to weld it to the floor/along the sills. :)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
11-11-2010, 19:48
I bought mine from Demon Tweeks.

It has no other fixing points for the roof but did come with some plates which I've used on the front section to weld it to the floor/along the sills. :)

Not seen many that mount on the boot floor, mostly in the rear wheel arch bins.
Do all four rear mounts attach to the boot floor...?
If you have the part no. it helps.... something like 105/138....can't remember off the top of my head.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
11-11-2010, 19:55
How my one looked....

Alastair
12-11-2010, 12:37

Dave, nice lines, very smooth. You were hauling those two in at the end:agree: What are you reving to? You seem to have some good torque from low down to take druids in third. Also through clearways you seem to haul into 4th just before the line despite a relatively early turn in, how much neg camber you running 2.5? Looks a very well set up car mate, would be good to compare settings :)

Just seen the other videos glad Olie walked away, despite the crazy legs from gyro failure ;) Hope you get sorted ready for next season buddy.

If your ready for a shakedown Im booked on the christmas stages rally again this year but will be doing another track day sometime in january for some setup / testing, would be good to get a few of us out! Come on Jeezus get yours log booked!

Sam Fish
12-11-2010, 13:01

Just watched that. Cant believe those nutters start the race whilst standing next to the grid on the circuit!!!! :eek:

We have all seen crashes in the first 20 metres...... Does Jonathan Palmer know they do that? :wasntme:

*Yellow*
12-11-2010, 16:05
Alistair, thanks mate........got the limiter set at 6200rpm, sometimes take Druids in 2nd but spins up and have to change gear mid-corner, 3rd seems alot smoother....always wondered what was quicker.

Oli will be ready for the new season for sure:)

Shame couldnt do the Brands trackday earlier in the year with you guys, would be good to compare the cars with the different set ups. Will definately be up for a play in the new year :Dbefore the season kicks off again in March.

jesus in the seat of a 5
12-11-2010, 16:24
Shame couldnt do the Brands trackday earlier in the year with you guys, would be good to compare the cars with the different set ups. Will definately be up for a play in the new year :Dbefore the season kicks off again in March.[/quote]

sounds good dave , there is a cadwell trackday im march steve says , maybe thats before you guys kick off, im seriously tempted to weigh up costs and try and get out with you boys...:)

*Yellow*
12-11-2010, 17:30
sounds good dave , there is a cadwell trackday im march

This could be very tempting..........went this year and loved it, cant wait to go back:)

Sam Fish
12-11-2010, 17:47
I reckon I could get mine ready for March time. Lets get something sorted :agree:
Would prefer brands ;)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
12-11-2010, 18:14
I'd be interested in comparing the cars too, Oli or Daves car (gripper diff) against Matt C (Jesus) car (Quaife diff) and with any luck Barney Davies car (secret diff).
Matt@codered

Tony Walker
12-11-2010, 21:07
Would you guys mind listing your tracking/caster/camber/offsets/ride height/ spring rates, adjustments? would be good to get some usefull information on these settings. i kno u may not want to give your secrets away, You could just PM me :p Since doing lots of work on my car it feels very light on the front, but ive changed that many things i dont kno where to start lol.

Sam Fish
12-11-2010, 22:46
My Dad ran the cup cars with 3.5 degrees camber and 10-15 minutes toe-out on the front. The rear wasnt adjustable, so partly down to tyre pressures to get the balance.
The ride height was restricted by the cup springs, which where too high really.

They where pretty solid rear dampers, revalved koni's. You could jump up and down in the back, with minimal movement. They where so firm that the long bolt holding the dampers on would usually be bent as a result, and the damper bushes where always distorted. ALthough they did that on the DeCarbon rear dampers too, so I've seen.

Proved very successful over a decade or so.
But the cup spec suspension was quite restricted and could be improved alot.....
:)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
23-01-2011, 11:35
Well looks like I'm off to brands on my own this time....

Trackday with some of my Code red friends and Sevenoaks motor club mates.
If you want to be nosey, come and join us at the Mazda on track Brands Hatch trackday. 31st Jan. All day event.

If your feeling brave.....there is a passenger seat in my Blue Clio....:laugh:
Matt@CodeRed.

Penfold aka The Dealer
23-01-2011, 11:35
i hope to pop along... :)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
28-01-2011, 23:21
Brands Hatch rally this weekend.....:smokin:
Free entry and parking on the 30th.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
09-03-2011, 21:25
Haven't posted on here for a bit......
An update, the Blue Clio as per normal had a queue of passengers lined up at Brands Hatch for its first Trackday of the year at the well run Mazda On Track all day event.....good weather and track conditions.
Well over 120 mph on the main straight and 4th through paddock and Mclaren/Surtees :eek:
Put many more powerful cars to shame, including some Mazda 'ballistic missiles' or as I call them FD35 RX7.:D

Right thats enough of me.....!!

Mr Clark in the 'Yellow Peril' will be flying the Code Red flag at Snetterton this weekend for a shakedown (trying a new setup), on the new 300 track, should be fun.

Mr Davies is full-on building the 'New Improved Pink Panther' after the old one, erm....expired, it has some nice trick bits too, so should be a real flyer!! With any luck at Brands Hatch....

The rest of the 'orrible lot under the all seeing eye of Code Red, are ready for the new season in TinTops Gary (Celica) and Terry (MG ZR).

Watch this space!
Matt.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-03-2011, 19:36
Well done to Mr Clark!
Won his class today at Snetterton.
Good work fella!

mike r5 gtt
19-03-2011, 20:21
do u have a link or list of dates as id like to come and watch some of this!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-03-2011, 20:58
do u have a link or list of dates as id like to come and watch some of this!

Yep, its www.racingsaloons.co.uk I think.

g10far
21-03-2011, 12:39
Well done to Mr Clark!
Won his class today at Snetterton.
Good work fella!

Well done Clarky, I didnt realise the season started so soon!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
26-03-2011, 15:03
Clarky is at donnington the weekend of the 2nd of April. Good luck mate!
Oli Davies is scheduled to be at the brands meeting with mr Clark at the end of April.
Show your support guys! Cup cars that actually race.;)
Matt@codered.

Alastair
26-03-2011, 18:56
Clarky is at donnington the weekend of the 2nd of April. Good luck mate!
Oli Davies is scheduled to be at the brands meeting with mr Clark at the end of April.
Show your support guys! Cup cars that actually race.;)
Matt@codered.

Sounds good, glad to hear Oli is nearly back in the game too.

Was the rally at brands in Jan a Tarmac stage rally? If they are doing another i will probably enter;) If you hear of any dates let me know. Am back for April and have a few events in mind, and possibly a trackday if there are any decent ones planned:smokin:

Good luck Dave:agree:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
26-03-2011, 20:56
Sounds good, glad to hear Oli is nearly back in the game too.

Was the rally at brands in Jan a Tarmac stage rally? If they are doing another i will probably enter;) If you hear of any dates let me know. Am back for April and have a few events in mind, and possibly a trackday if there are any decent ones planned:smokin:

Good luck Dave:agree:

Alright Ali? How is it going?
Oli is fired up like an overloaded wood burner!
Back in the game with a bang.....A very trick car on it's way.:smokin:
Yes there were stages at brands, youtube it, was a very good event, if you ever need storage etc. give me a ping as the workshop is 1 mins drive from brands.
Matt@codered

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
02-04-2011, 10:03
Clarky is at donnington this weekend..... keep it on the black stuff mate, I hope the new brakes work after I ..... bedded them in for you....:burnrubber:
;)

Tony Walker
02-04-2011, 22:32
:D good luck :agree: im geussing this is tommorrow?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-04-2011, 05:45
Yep, Sunday.
He qualified well on the Saturday, these cars are well suited to this kind of track.
I won't be there as I'm sprinting in Essex (hence the post at 5.40 in the morning!).:(
He qualified 8th overall (out of around 40), only cars in front of him are M3 BMW and 3 door Cosworths.:smokin:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-04-2011, 18:14
Well done Mr Clark,2x9th overall, and 2x3rd in class?
good result mate.

Oh, and I got class win at the sprint.....;)

Alastair
03-04-2011, 19:47
Alright Ali? How is it going?
Oli is fired up like an overloaded wood burner!
Back in the game with a bang.....A very trick car on it's way.:smokin:
Yes there were stages at brands, youtube it, was a very good event, if you ever need storage etc. give me a ping as the workshop is 1 mins drive from brands.
Matt@codered

Good to hear mate. What have you been up to on Oli's car then or is it top secret?

Thanks for the offer - I might well take you up on that, if you hear of any more stage rallies this year at Brands let me know, I'll definitely be up for it. Oh and the scrutineers have said nothing about my cage and they are very anal about stuff like that, fingers crossed the front hoop issue has gone away.

Congratulations on your 1st :smokin:, you must be made up! Same for Dave too :agree::agree::agree: Code red FTW:)

oh, and i have managed to get myself access to some decent corner weights...:coffee: I could bring them along next time at Brands;) . Any track days coming up before 5 May ?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-04-2011, 20:35
Cheers fella!
I'll take a gander at a possible trackday, problem is the race season is under way now so brands seems to come at a premium.....:(
Oli's car is fit to run in the new regs, nothing secret really just good bits and pieces.;)

mike r5 gtt
03-04-2011, 20:49
im gona try and make sure im not working the weekend of the next brands hatch meeting as im gonna come watch and learn!!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-04-2011, 20:52
HehHeh! More the merrier!!
;)
We are trying our hardest to get both of the R5's out at the end of the month at brands, obviously I'll keep you lot posted.:D
Matt5.

Ricardo
03-04-2011, 21:43
In Essex today!? Well done Matt :cool:

Code Red is the way forward, wait till the Clio hits the track :cool:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
03-04-2011, 21:55
Hehe! yep, the sprint was at North Weald airfield.
I beat a good mate of mine, he was in an MX5 and is an instructor at Brands Hatch, (we are in a standard class, so no mods allowed apart from safety items). I was in my Saxo vtr.:smokin:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
06-04-2011, 21:56
Hey everyone, Mr Clark's Donnington vids are now on Youtube. Go Go 'yello peril'
Search C14KEY, as ever very entertaining. Good work fella!
Oli is raring to go and is nearing completion of the 'Pink Panther' Mk2.....thats if he ever stops going to parties and the pub!!!:cooter:
Matt5@coderedmotorsports.

Sam Fish
07-04-2011, 07:58
I am doing my first race at brands on the 30th too. In a golf though :)
See you all there.

I have put a racing blog together, to help me get into the swing of things.
www.fishontrack.co.uk

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
07-04-2011, 10:34
Nice one Sam, is that in TTRS? (you do realise that brands is Oli and Daves stomping ground?).......;)
Would be nice to bump into you.
Matt@codered.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
10-04-2011, 08:02
The 'orrible lot are at brands today in the Tintops series, Gary Chappell ( celica) and Terry Searles ( MGZR).
We had a nightmare with Garys brakes, as in, we didn't have any until gone midnight thursday, due to supplier problems. Oh the joys of racing!!! :laugh:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
28-04-2011, 20:15
Right you lot, the 'boys with the toys' are at brands hatch this Sunday.
Come and say hello at garage 4 pit lane.
Oli and David are going to do fantastic things in the R5 racers again!
Matt@crm

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
29-04-2011, 07:56
Do-Do-DoDo DoDo DoDo! Spammer time!!:laugh:
At least some one notices this thread and replies here.

The cheeky beggar has even quoted one of my old posts!!:ashamed:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
04-05-2011, 23:41
I hope this chap enjoyed himself?:smokin:

Tony Walker
14-05-2011, 10:14
y just this thread do we get these spam things?

Penfold aka The Dealer
14-05-2011, 12:55
I have clean up this spammed thread...will have to keep an eye on it. :(

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
14-05-2011, 18:19
Cheers fella!

Tony Walker
14-05-2011, 19:40
Shame :( cheap toyos sounded gr8 lol

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
08-06-2011, 21:06
Dave and Oli were at Brands Hatch again and stormed the GP circuit!!:smokin:

Alastair
08-06-2011, 22:07
Dave and Oli were at Brands Hatch again and stormed the GP circuit!!:smokin:

Come on then....!

How did they get on - Was Oli's new 5 up there with Dave?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
08-06-2011, 22:59
In practice Oli had a mild leak of gear oil and engine oil, so we managed to fix the worst of it for race one, but still suffering from a boost spike, which saw it peak at over 20psi....so we backed off the boost to be safe.
The altenator also died, so I shot off to my workshop and grabbed a couple to try, fitted a new unit and we where away mins before the call up.

As ever Dave was flying with no real major issues, and both of them qualified well within a massive field.

Race one started with a major shunt of a number of cars at paddock at the start of the race, Dave got a small battle scar and managed to avoid being written off like many of the cars involved, but Oli shot through the field, emerging out in front of Dave and making up around 6/7 places......!
Safety car came out straight away and they saw the majority of laps behind that, while the dead cars were cleared, as soon as the SC came in, Colin Tester made a mistake in his sierra cosworth and the M3 claimed 1st where it remained.
Dave caught Oli up on the long straights and Oli waved him through (very gentlemanly) but only after dispatching a few BMW's first...!
End of race 1. Dave reported that the brakes weren't too sharp, so a quick bleed and fluid change put that problem to bed!

Race two and no problems, Dave fighting with a 306 GTi6 all the way to the end (please don't mention the 306 passing him under a yellow flag) and Oli romping away behind them.....gaining pace lap after lap.

End of race 2! Both drivers over the moon with the cars again, Oli on cloud nine to be out there and reporting that the new rear end upgrades are working well.....

I had to rush home straight after the end of race two for a family party, but long enough to congratulate the code red boys.
Well done geezers!

Clarkys vids on youtube too.

Tony Walker
08-06-2011, 23:09
:) sounds like fun.... you going to tell us the rear end upgrades???:)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
08-06-2011, 23:13
Sure, wound up the rear ARB as per Cup and some one off rear shocks.
The new cage also ties into the rear beam mounting.
Matt@CRM.

Alastair
08-06-2011, 23:24
Sounds like a result, shame about the big shunt though. Glad Oli is back out there, i am itching to get competing again... not sure when my next event will be but will try and get to frog of the pod!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
08-06-2011, 23:27
Yes, the shunt claimed the beautiful Capri 3litre RS of Ian Clark, a lovely Escort Mk1 and a number of very trick BMW's....big shame.

Ali, trackday soon?

Tony Walker
08-06-2011, 23:35
How do you wind the ARB up? so that it exerts downward pressure stopping the wheel lifting or upward pressure stopping the car lifting?

Sam Fish
09-06-2011, 09:26
I watched some of the race on my way about brands that day. Saw Dave fighting with the yellow pug - which is an ex production touring car from back in the early 2000's. Must be a fast car that! I saw he got past too :agree:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
09-06-2011, 09:26
It was an experiment to try and up the torsion bar spring rate really.
Popped the torsion bars out, clamped the centre block with the arbs in place against the rear beam and popped the torsion springs back in, also pinned the bars in place with split pins to stop the torsion bars falling out (happened to Daves).

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
09-06-2011, 09:35
I watched some of the race on my way about brands that day. Saw Dave fighting with the yellow pug - which is an ex production touring car from back in the early 2000's. Must be a fast car that! I saw he got past too :agree:

The regs specify pre '93/'94and the 306 just comes into that year range, and yes, pretty much touring car spec, Dave was all over it in the first race too, constantly swapping positions. Hehehe!
I keep threatening the boys with my Citroën ZX 16v which is the car the 306 evolved from, same engine/box, tighter chassis, more aerodynamic and lighter.....;)

It's a really good series, with 2 main stipulations, good driving standards and well presented cars.

JRP
22-04-2012, 21:20
Good weekend at brands with the trucks!! Brilliant to see clarkey out today and yesturday.

TYoday though hats off to you, you are genuinly a brilliant driver :) really enjoyed seeing you race :)

JRP
22-04-2012, 21:28
Also got a vid and pics will post in due course

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-04-2012, 21:28
Didn't do too bad did he?
We don't normally do Tintops with the R5, but fancied a one off race to get the car out.
We didn't have a gearbox or the engine in one piece until thursday evening, then got on the rollers friday night.
We managed to qualify 2nd (behind a brand new RS Focus). Bent pushrods (limiter not cutting in so recall reading over 7500rpm....) in yesterday's first race put him starting on the back row today. Started 17th finished 8th!:laugh:

The steering rack is a bit woolly still, so thats coming off to be sorted, hence the "darty" attitude of the car.:eek:

Nice to see you and the other half JRP.

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-04-2012, 21:38
Wish i had known, could have popped down today :(

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-04-2012, 21:42
It was a bit of a late decision to be fair and didn't even know if the car would be ready until 11pm friday night.:(

Next time matey!;)

I was going to try and get the Codered cars on a trackday at brands to see who lasted the longest.......:laugh: Sill might if I can sort Oli's gearbox in time.

JRP
22-04-2012, 21:45
Didn't do too bad did he?
We don't normally do Tintops with the R5, but fancied a one off race to get the car out.
We didn't have a gearbox or the engine in one piece until thursday evening, then got on the rollers friday night.
We managed to qualify 2nd (behind a brand new RS Focus). Bent pushrods (limiter not cutting in so recall reading over 7500rpm....) in yesterday's first race put him starting on the back row today. Started 17th finished 8th!:laugh:

The steering rack is a bit woolly still, so thats coming off to be sorted, hence the "darty" attitude of the car.:eek:

Nice to see you and the other half JRP.

Nice to see you too, to say i was impressed today is a huge understatment! even with 2 ropey moments when the weather changed he powerd on!

Nice to see after the oil leak and rod bend in qualifying 3 laps in :( you got it sorted and bounced back :)

Might have to start following you as well as the trucks, DTM, Btcc and legends :laugh::agree:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-04-2012, 21:51
Nice to see you too, to say i was impressed today is a huge understatment! even with 2 ropey moments when the weather changed he powerd on!

Nice to see after the oil leak and rod bend in qualifying 3 laps in :( you got it sorted and bounced back :)

Might have to start following you as well as the trucks, DTM, Btcc and legends :laugh::agree:

To be fair, Oli sorted it after a few phone calls, as I had to shoot off to collect the kids.
We actually bent 2 in quali, replaced them and bent another 2 in race 1...:confused: Finally sorted for today, and Dave pretty much gave it sh1t or bust.:D

If you come and say hello in the pits/paddock you WILL get your hands dirty "You have been warned".

JRP
22-04-2012, 21:58
:) Cool pic :)

Alastair
22-04-2012, 22:00
Yes, the shunt claimed the beautiful Capri 3litre RS of Ian Clark, a lovely Escort Mk1 and a number of very trick BMW's....big shame.

Ali, trackday soon?

Matt, I am doing Llandow on 6 June? And hill climb 5 may down this way?

What/where did you have in mind mate?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-04-2012, 22:01
I'll check the calender and see what sticks Ali.

Sam Fish
22-04-2012, 22:04
Really looking forward to the on-board videos. I think I have watched all of Dave's - It is such a rocket.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-04-2012, 22:12
Really looking forward to the on-board videos. I think I have watched all of Dave's - It is such a rocket.

Hello Sam! Yes a slightly different engine now, compared to the 'old faithful lump' (which is sitting on a palllet).

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-04-2012, 22:50
The boys in the R5's had better watch their backs.......;)

Come to daddy! One of my clio's gets these soon.

Sam Fish
23-04-2012, 21:46
Some good footage of Dave from this on-board video (skip the first bit):

http://youtu.be/WFnB02OO6FM

There is also one of the original pink Clio's out too (now mostly silver).

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
24-04-2012, 07:31
Ricky Davies in the MINI cooper s, supercharger sounds great! Note that the mnii and the R 5 are in the same class I think, up to 1600 with forced induction.
'Ozzy' in the Clio, big chap in small car. Nice bloke to talk to aswell.

Ricardo
25-04-2012, 16:03
The missus and I are at Brands now for the evening session. A little birthday pressie from moi... And of course booked myself an additional driver slot :D

Its absolutely chucking it down at the moment!

Tony Walker
25-04-2012, 20:51
2:40 the clarkey 5 storms past :D

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
25-04-2012, 21:13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-dr9LxZiso&feature=g-all-u&context=G2b95e37FAAAAAAAAAAA

Race 2 start from the back of the grid.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
20-06-2012, 22:46
Mr Clark did very well at lydden over the week end, a well fought 3rd place in the 1st race (made 4 places at the re start!). Also a strong 4th in the second race.

JRP
20-06-2012, 22:47
When i get the twins home, and settled i will come down for a day to a race meet. as brandshatch was very impressive last time :)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
20-06-2012, 22:50
Good stuff mate!;) Be good to see you again.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
20-06-2012, 22:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW3s4aNFyZQ&list=UUG2RtsjcCQcyDlCqAnIdhBA&index=1&feature=plcp

He forgot to turn camera on until 3/4 of the 1st lap of re start, so you miss the 4 cars he over took off the line.:laugh:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
13-08-2012, 23:20
Mr Davies is at brands this weekend I think.

Won't be there myself, as I will be attending a wedding :crap:
I'll be sprinting the 172 on the 26th.:ashamed:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
12-09-2012, 17:01
Clarky at Cadwell Park.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7NZkHPApOE

Ricardo
12-09-2012, 19:39
Mr Davies is at brands this weekend I think.

Won't be there myself, as I will be attending a wedding :crap:
I'll be sprinting the 172 on the 26th.:ashamed:

Could pop over to Brands on the 26th :)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
12-09-2012, 20:48
Could pop over to Brands on the 26th :)

Check the date of that post mate....we were at North Weald.:ashamed:

Ricardo
13-09-2012, 13:07
Check the date of that post mate....we were at North Weald.:ashamed:

Doh :ashamed: was gonna say, I'll be spectating this time and not putting you off having to think too much with 2 cars :D

Sam Fish
13-09-2012, 13:20
I hear Dave is going to be at Brands on the GP circuit over this weekend. I'll be racing there too with my Mk1 Golf.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
13-09-2012, 14:57
Not sure he is racing, but will be supporting the 'orrible lot'.
Good luck Sam.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-09-2012, 17:03
A couple of cars from today's sprint at brands.
Mr Hart in the famous 5. Was as quick as a gt3 around the Indy circuit.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-09-2012, 17:04
Mark in the spider.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-09-2012, 17:06
How to travel in style, the trailer had an MG midget in there looking lost in all the space around it.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
22-09-2012, 17:08
Mr P in the 182.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
09-10-2012, 22:02
Hehehe!:laugh:

Tony Walker
09-10-2012, 22:41
I'm not really sure I understand what's going on there? Lol fire on passengers i get.....y is there fire on the other side?

Kris M
09-10-2012, 22:43
Its the exhaust setup, i think it exits on both sides :D

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
09-10-2012, 22:47
Its the exhaust setup, i think it exits on both sides :D

Yes it does.... Good way of getting heat into the rears;)
We did it that way to bring the noise testing level down.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
08-05-2013, 09:47
Been a while since I posted in the section.
Some of you may or may not know, I've been busy with some non renault race cars this time.
Over the winter period, Oli Davies and I got involved in a rover tomcat ex-factory race car to compete in the cannons tintop series mostly based in the circuits of the south east.
Tom Bridger is the driver, with his dad Rob Bridger being team leader.
We had fun.....:laugh:
http://www.barcsoutheast.co.uk/report5may13.html

JRP
08-05-2013, 09:49
Been a while since I posted in the section.
Some of you may or may not know, I've been busy with some non renault race cars this time.
Over the winter period, Oli Davies and I got involved in a rover tomcat ex-factory race car to compete in the cannons tintop series mostly based in the circuits of the south east.
Tom Bridger is the driver, with his dad Rob Bridger being team leader.
We had fun.....:laugh:
http://www.barcsoutheast.co.uk/report5may13.html

Brilliant at brands 31st to 18th no brakes after lap 9! Really good driving, senna like!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
08-05-2013, 09:52
That meeting was a baptism of fire jerp.
Untried, untested.....proper unknown on the car, we wanted to treat it as a shakedown.:laugh:
The last meeting the cylinder head was still off the car 12 hours before race day....:laugh:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
08-05-2013, 09:59
Brilliant at brands 31st to 18th no brakes after lap 9! Really good driving, senna like!

We had a coil fault in qualifying, that's why the poor grid position..... But I had a helper, she wants wages now.:crap:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-05-2013, 19:08
Rover went onto the rolling road at HT Racing today, and blimey they definitely worked their magic.
All ready and set up for the weekends racing at brands hatch on the 25th. :smokin:

*Yellow*
16-05-2013, 19:10
See you there, is Tom out for revenge :D

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-05-2013, 19:19
Got to get him up front and in front of terry again.
Be good to see you mate.;)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
23-05-2013, 18:20
For a change the race car is all ready and on the trailer for brands hatch this weekend....:eek:
Just hope it doesn't snow.:laugh:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
25-05-2013, 19:10
Good fun again today at brands.
After suffering a turbo problem in qualifying, we nipped back to the workshop to collect and fit a standard turbo to the car in the paddock to adopt a sh1t or bust 2nd race.
From the back of the grid to a class win and 2nd overall....?:eek: Nice one!;)

Penfold aka The Dealer
25-05-2013, 19:19
Fair play :))

Tony Walker
25-05-2013, 19:41
Fantastic :agree:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
25-05-2013, 19:41
We were in the paddock near the historic f1 and 60's racing saloons.
Not everyday you get up close and personal with ex Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Mansell etc cars....:smokin:

Penfold aka The Dealer
25-05-2013, 19:43
So wish I had been there Matt... Give me some warning next time ;)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
25-05-2013, 19:44
Will do mate.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
25-05-2013, 19:46
Was a bit shocked at the the estimated insurance value of one if the 1950's ferrari f1 parked near us......

Tony Walker
25-05-2013, 19:53
i do hope your going to tell us.........

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
25-05-2013, 20:02
Well into the millions.

*Yellow*
25-05-2013, 20:42
An impressive paddock.

The Code Red team did good, a quick car.

Thanks for the advise and help with cooling on mine:agree:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
02-06-2013, 20:23
On board with Terry Searles in his MG ZR. The old 220 blasts past to give the dummy to the Clio, claiming a well deserved 2nd from the back of the grid;)
(Terry was getting very blocked by the clio unfortunately.....).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0oiLjtVG5Vk

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
02-06-2013, 20:29
An impressive paddock.

The Code Red team did good, a quick car.

Thanks for the advise and help with cooling on mine:agree:

No worries, I have a booster pump here for you.;)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
06-06-2013, 17:21
The 'rabid Rover' will be at lydden on the 15th&16th, wish us luck.....;)

*Yellow*
06-06-2013, 17:58
Good luck and goodbye to a set of tyres:)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
06-06-2013, 18:04
:laugh: Exactly....!!

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
16-06-2013, 11:06
The boy done good again yesterday, overall win in race 1 and a good finish in race 2. (strange reverse grid/selected grid position).
Needless to say I have a bit of a hangover today.....
Tom and the 'Rabid Rover'.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
12-07-2013, 23:08
Off to Snetterton on the 20th.....here we go again!:smokin:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
19-07-2013, 20:54
Boom!
Off we jolly well go.....

Ricardo
19-07-2013, 22:36
Good luck Matt :cool: :)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
23-08-2013, 23:41
Back at brands hatch this weekend.... It's gonna be a wet one.:scared:

Penfold aka The Dealer
23-08-2013, 23:46
Back at brands hatch this weekend.... It's gonna be a wet one.:scared:

Oh I could be free to pop down ( if I can sort a lift), can I get tickets on the gate?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
23-08-2013, 23:53
It's a lotus festival, when we dropped off the car tonight the paddock was jam packed with mk1 lotus Cortina's.:smokin:
Yes I think tickets are on the gate.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
24-08-2013, 21:24
Another class win for Tom today, in really difficult conditions.

Sam Fish
25-08-2013, 10:37
What race was that Matt?
My Dad is down there with the Golfs this weekend. I should be racing too, but couldn't get it all together :(

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
02-09-2013, 14:46
Sorry for late update, as I've been away.....but, Tom did well again on the Sunday, another win!

Ricardo
02-09-2013, 18:24
Matt are you going to Brands on the 15th September?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
04-09-2013, 09:47
I'll have a look in the calendar later.
Off to silverstone this weekend.....
New E-Z up arrived as the old one collapsed under the weight of the overnight rain at brands....
Bit bigger this one so we can house the car and toolboxes etc.... Saves jumping in and out of the van. (I'm getting old:crap:).

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
04-09-2013, 09:53
Should do the trick....

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
04-09-2013, 09:58
Ric, I won't be at brands personally on the 15 th as thats the sprint and SEMSEC races, but we are there in October with BARC races.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
08-09-2013, 11:14
Silverstone yesterday.
A pole and two wins for Tom and the Rover... that will do nicely, as he's never driven there before.....:smokin:
Nearside driveshaft imploded on the last lap of race two.
That's two driveshafts in as many meetings, bloody things! Hehe! I guess 300 + bhp is doing them any favours.

Ricardo
08-09-2013, 22:46
That Rover is going pretty damn well :cool: bar the driveshafts :D

I need to pop down to Codered HQ, the PB needs some TLC the rear bearings are pretty much done in

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
08-09-2013, 22:58
Cheers Rich, we have a break now until brands in early november you are welcome at the CRM technology centre HQ anytime matey.;)

We were lucky not to be collected in this incident early in the qualifying session at silverstone at the weekend, luckily all involved were unhurt.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ5ShoaZLE

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
01-11-2013, 10:51
If anyone was stuck of what to do at the weekend, come and brave the weather at Brands Hatch?

Oh, by a strange coincidence we are racing there on Saturday and Sunday too!;)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
01-11-2013, 10:52
See you in the paddock JRP.;)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
21-11-2013, 14:56
Who says a fwd doesn't drift?
Tom pushing hard on the way to a podium finish again at the last meeting.