PDA

View Full Version : Events Organiser Required

Miller
12-03-2010, 20:56
Unfortunately StuTHC is stepping down:(

First i would like to thank him publicly for his hard work for the last two year within the club as our events organiser. :agree:

Stu is still going to be a committee in a similar role to what penfold does. But he felt he could not give the events position the time it deserves.

So we are looking for volunteers for the role, If you are interested can you please state in this thread or if you would prefer you could pm me personally. Could you state what you think you can do to help the club/state your qualities etc

The role as stated in the committee page.....

Club Events
The Club Events member is responsible for organising club representation at shows and events. This includes contacting venues, reporting information to the committee and club, booking and allocation of tickets based on member interest, promoting the event and care of the club displays and marquee. They are the point of contact for any member at or travelling to a club event. They will arrange club events such as 1/4 mile and rolling road days, assist with trackday and National Day organisation and work with Area Reps to promote local meets and events.

Some attributes that would make you good for the job:

Must be able to commit one hour a day to the boards.
Be able to call venues to book club space.
Be organised and be able to forward plan.
Organising events that you will not be at or possibly like.
Be able to take criticism
We need to get this wrapped up pretty quick as time is pushing on and event are approaching. Also do not think that you will get pushed into the deep end as Stuart will be giving a hand over and i am always here to assist in anything you might have problems with.

Regards

Chris:)

JRP
12-03-2010, 21:57
I'll give it a crack of the whip... if i can get the backing of others :) id like to get stuck in and move forward with a role thats been done very well so far :)

Ricardo
12-03-2010, 22:12
A big round of applause for Stu THC for all his efforts as events organiser :agree: :cool: Top bloke

Kenobi
12-03-2010, 22:13
Thanks. :agree:

rs250nut
12-03-2010, 22:20
Met stu at the pod day last year and had a right laugh, top bloke and well done for doing a top job. Jrp go for it dude.

TrixNFlix
12-03-2010, 22:49
A big round of applause for Stu THC for all his efforts as events organiser :agree: :cool: Top bloke

Good work dude. :agree:

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
13-03-2010, 12:13

:agree::agree:

5teve L
13-03-2010, 12:23
Also to echo what Ricardo has said, a big thanks for all the hard work Stu.
We can only hope the new person, whoever they are, can step into the role & do it as smoothly as you.

Steve

Big Steve - Raider
13-03-2010, 16:19
I'll give it a crack of the whip... if i can get the backing of others :) id like to get stuck in and move forward with a role thats been done very well so far :)

I'll support you mate! ;)

JRP FTW

Mart
13-03-2010, 16:22

Seconded. He done a top job :agree:

If JRP is keen & willing, he gets my vote.

Nayls
13-03-2010, 16:48
that's national day moved to cheltenham then! :laugh:

JRP
13-03-2010, 16:49
that's national day moved to cheltenham then! :laugh:
:laugh:

D4WNO
14-03-2010, 09:51
Finally a role is advertised and most of those who "really want to help out" go quiet, typical lol :laugh:

I think this will be running a few more days so thanks to everyone who has applied so far, both on here and via PMs etc. Good luck everyone :agree:

car.crash
14-03-2010, 10:28
Nice one stu you did a great job.
I would love to help but if I'm seen To be phoning around for events whilst at work I will be in majour trouble and seeing as jrp never works :laugh: he gets my vote.

JRP
14-03-2010, 10:46
Nice one stu you did a great job.
I would love to help but if I'm seen To be phoning around for events whilst at work I will be in majour trouble and seeing as jrp never works :laugh: he gets my vote.

Oi you cheeky monkey... i work hard! for a gas man:laugh:

Trevhib
14-03-2010, 15:52
Well done Stu.

John gets a vote from me.

If he takes it on I'm sure he'll be running a book on how many members will turn up vs how many members said they'd go. Give me some odds and SHOW ME THE MONEY! :laugh:

Miller
14-03-2010, 15:55
I would like to thank all the people that have put their name forward so far, in this thread and by pm. I am going to keep this open until Wednesday to give everyone a chance to see it and reply/pm

I was expecting a bit more volunteers especially with all the thing mentioned in the "shake up thread"

Regards
Chris :)

sphinX
14-03-2010, 16:47
Is it only me or does everyone like it when you receive an email from rtoc :smokin:

Miller
14-03-2010, 17:02
Is it only me or does everyone like it when you receive an email from rtoc :smokin:

Thank you:D

Chris Hebden
14-03-2010, 19:31
I would be willing to give this a go also! Am new to the "organization" world but wouldnt mind putting my time and effort into getting meets sorting and helping out getting events sorted!

Chris

jaffa
14-03-2010, 20:38
lester dude organization.....................................: dearme:.............well done stu for all your organising,the time and effort,the enthusiasm it takes to be able to carry out this or any commitee member role to a good standard for a good period of time gets the thumbs up from me :agree: but u should have stepped dwn b4 now not good timing is it ?????

good luck to the new blood and i will be looking forward to seeing what new ideas they have...i would hope its like when a new manager takes over a football team we will be hopefully be seeing some good results and some winning ideas put in action....asap...

:)

Kenobi
14-03-2010, 21:01
Seconded. He done a top job :agree:

If JRP is keen & willing, he gets my vote.

Agreed. WOW.

JRP for the Win!!

D4WNO
16-03-2010, 16:13
Any more for any more guys? Thanks for all the applications via PM so far :agree:

Spooky
16-03-2010, 17:22
I would like to do this :D :agree:

Ricardo
16-03-2010, 19:17

Gets my vote :agree: :cool: This geeza can haggle big time! :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
16-03-2010, 19:31

:laugh:, you aint at most of the events.....;), still if you organise them then i guess its all good.....:wasntme:, i would love to take on more of a role but being my own boss and doing all the climbing in my job etc and sorting my fleet , i feel i will not have the time, i would advise all to seriously consider this too...best wishes stu, gotta agree with all the others bud , a blinding job done, youll be a tough act to follow....:)

stuTHC
19-03-2010, 17:04
Just wanna say cheers to all the well wishers on this thread. IM glad that some of you think the events over the past 2 and a bit years have been okay, sorry for not doing more or arranging some of events people asked for but you cant please everyone.
Ill still be around and at most events so unfortunatly you still have to look at my ugly mug. I just feel that i dont have the passion for doing the role anymore (besides, some of you wanted a 'shakeup') its not a difficult role, but you do need at least 1 or 2 hours a day to do a good job of it.
I personnally feel that the events are the main part of RTOC, it needs someone with plenty of enthusiasm and fairly thick skin to be able to do it.
Good luck to whoever gets it, and if you ever need any help ill be more than happy to assist :)

Mart
19-03-2010, 17:21
Cheers for all that you done Stu. Top job mate :agree:

Funny you should mention the 'shake up' thing, as I half expected Big Steve to stand for the new E.O role given his passion for events & attending them, plus having a good reference with the RWS Germany weekend he organised last year.

stuTHC
19-03-2010, 17:34
I agree Mart, Steve would be perfect for the role and i said as much on the CM boards when i posted about stepping down. But if he aint got the time then there is no point. The role needs someone who can commit a lot of effort to it- its only fair to the paying members.

Mart
19-03-2010, 17:48
Ahh, my bad, I didn't know he had already excluded himself from the job due to lack of spare time.

Are JRP & Spooky the only ones to have put their names forward?

stuTHC
19-03-2010, 17:52
Ahh, my bad, I didn't know he had already excluded himself from the job due to lack of spare time.

Are JRP & Spooky the only ones to have put their names forward?

No there are a few others, tbh ive not been online since this thread was posted, just catching up on the CM boards etc now.......

Just to be clear, im not aware that Steve has defo ruled himself out- my comments come from my suprise that he is yet to put his name forward for the role directly- i hope he does though :)

Big Steve - Raider
19-03-2010, 18:20
The name's down & if i get the Job you're not coming in with those trainers on! :D

Mart
19-03-2010, 18:22
:laugh: :crap:

So you have applied for the job then? Good man :agree: :cool:

stuTHC
19-03-2010, 18:23
The name's down & if i get the Job you're not coming in with those trainers on! :D

I only want you to get the job so i can start fires at events and wind up miller :laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
19-03-2010, 18:24
I only want you to get the job so i can start fires at events and wind up miller :laugh:

You'll have to beat me to it mate! :laugh:

stuTHC
19-03-2010, 18:26
ahhh, the great north/south 'burn off' continues :laugh::agree:

The new Bill J
19-03-2010, 19:37
No picnic benches please :scared: :laugh:

Stu - Thanks for the top job that you've done. Lets hope that whoever takes over, continues at the same level :agree:

J$£5GTT
20-03-2010, 19:45

but steve dont you sport some nice white trainers an black socks combo??

:cooter::laugh:

Spooky
20-03-2010, 21:30
:laugh:, you aint at most of the events.....;), still if you organise them then i guess its all good.....:wasntme:, i would love to take on more of a role but being my own boss and doing all the climbing in my job etc and sorting my fleet , i feel i will not have the time, i would advise all to seriously consider this too...best wishes stu, gotta agree with all the others bud , a blinding job done, youll be a tough act to follow....:)

Juggling my time around has been pretty difficult in the last few years, especially with work...I would rather spend my time with my incredible 3 yr old girl than at any car show/event.

Petty excuses to some but I really don't care what anyone else thinks.

I can commit alot more of my time now though. Seeing as I am quite a familiar helpful kind of bloke, I thought I would put my name forward.

Stu, like everyone has already said, cracking job uptil now fella, top work :agree:

Spooky
20-03-2010, 21:31
Gets my vote :agree: :cool: This geeza can haggle big time! :D

Amen brutha :D

Mart
25-03-2010, 18:18
And the winner is?

D4WNO
25-03-2010, 18:29
We're in discussions literally now, shall be announced soon :)

xenon
25-03-2010, 23:13
merci stu pour l'aide que vous avez pus m'apporter !! :agree:
dommage de n'avoir pus finaliser ce que nous étions en trains de faire . :ashamed:

et bon courage a votre remplaçant ;)

thank you stu for the assistance which you have pus to bring to me!! :agree:
damage not to have pus to finalize what we were making. :ashamed:

and good courage has your substitute. ;)

PS: stu, your transport private and filled!

jaffa
05-04-2010, 22:12
merci stu pour l'aide que vous avez pus m'apporter !! :agree:
dommage de n'avoir pus finaliser ce que nous étions en trains de faire . :ashamed:

et bon courage a votre remplaçant ;)

thank you stu for the assistance which you have pus to bring to me!! :agree:
damage not to have pus to finalize what we were making. :ashamed:

and good courage has your substitute. ;)

PS: stu, your transport private and filled!

yeah its deffo been filled m8.....:laugh:

Mart
07-04-2010, 11:07
We're in discussions literally now, shall be announced soon :)

And the winner is?

JRP
07-04-2010, 11:15
I do belive thats a direct re post mart... My vote is for big steve raider... at least he is well known

Mart
07-04-2010, 11:26
It is. I assumed from Dawn's 'announced shortly' comment that we'd know by now, given a fortnight has since passed.

Agreed, it should be a well known/been in the club a long while person who gets the nod, especially if they're to have Committee status as well.

Spooky
07-04-2010, 13:17
:bored:

Spooky
08-04-2010, 18:16
I would like my name withdrawn for this position.

JRP
08-04-2010, 18:17
:agree:
I would like my name withdrawn for this position.

Mart
08-04-2010, 19:43
If you're withdrawing as well Jon, that surely makes Big Steve numero uno choice then?

JRP
08-04-2010, 22:27
Yep i with drew and told miller i think big steve raider is the best man for the job, and id rather be area rep.. well looks like neither will happen on this front.

Big steve deffo is the best bet for events orginiser.. Genuine credit to the club that chap :)

Ian S
09-04-2010, 14:57
If you're withdrawing as well Jon, that surely makes Big Steve numero uno choice then?

That's going on the false assumption that no-one applied directly but didn't post on this thread. Which is what happened.

The committee are just as keen to fill this appointment and also don't want it to drag on much longer.

JRP
09-04-2010, 15:02
That's going on the false assumption that no-one applied directly but didn't post on this thread. Which is what happened.

The committee are just as keen to fill this appointment and also don't want it to drag on much longer.

Thanks for response ian, i as a few others deem it essential that its a well know, approachable member, thats vital... hope the right choice has been made, critical decision.

Mart
09-04-2010, 15:56

May I ask what the delay is then?

Would it be possible to have a name list of who's applied for the job? I don't think an important club role such as this needs to be all cloak & dagger a la the Area Rep list, which, resultantly, caused that thread to spiral out of control & get locked.

Ian S
09-04-2010, 18:02
The current delay is simply in trying to contact all on the list.

We may give up on that any time soon.

As far as seeing the list of who applied, that seems like a fair request.

I don't think any of them should object, after all, they were applying for a very visible position.....

Ian S
12-04-2010, 20:26
Alastair (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=116)

Planning, dealing with commercial contracts leadership, communication and engineering are my daily bread. Experience in organising large multi national, multi agency events.

I have just taken on the role of Secretary for the Royal Navy and Royal Marines MSA

Because he will not be in the UK much he would not be suitable for the roll just now.

CHOD (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=1656)

For 5 years up until 2007 i ran a car site just like this one called cruise midlands.com which at the peak had around 6000 members, so i organised events and club stands for that.

From 2005 to 2008 i ran and owned a DVD production company called street life TV which made DVDs for people like fast car etc so arranged club stands at shows etc. However my biggest achievement was organising a charity even for Asda walmart at bruntingthorpe where i had just under 8000 people turn up where they could be taken round the track in cars like lambo's, atoms DB9 and they could also have a go at driving arctics around the track.

So iv done a little bit before and know about public liabilities etc.

On paper seems very suited to the roll with a lot of pertinent experience. Though is fairly new to the club and not well known.

JRP (http://http//www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=422)

Chris Hebden (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=155)

Spooky (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=123)

Big Steve (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=185)
I'm willing to help out with this position if you would like me to.

Big Steve - Raider
12-04-2010, 20:49
Big Steve (http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=185)
I'm willing to help out with this position if you would like me to.

Figure you all know who I am & the RTOC Trip to the RWS Nurburgring I organised.

Mart
16-04-2010, 14:47
And the winner is?

5teve L
16-04-2010, 19:01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNaZedAWmlE

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-04-2010, 19:09
And the winner is?

Martin Dilley ;)