PDA

View Full Version : no lights!

markey b
12-03-2010, 00:29
right, the potholes around here and coilovers have been taking its toll on my raider.

lost my lights this evening, basically car starts and runs fine, gauges work, indicators work, but as soon as you put sidelights on the clock goes blank and it resets my stereo, and i have no lights, sidelights, headlights, tailights, no dash illumination, no hazard lights or interior light.

the brake lights and indicators still work as normal.

anyone had anything similar?

benj88
12-03-2010, 01:03
Iv been having a few electrical problems, the rear side light keeps blowing bulbs, the sterio stopd working, the lights on the dash were the heater controls are don't work, every 20 seconds there is a click coming from the passanger footwell.. Oh and my heaters only blow cold air:confused: I'm goin to take it to an auto electrition

markey b
12-03-2010, 01:39
every 20 seconds there is a click coming from the passanger footwell..

have u got a rear wiper? sounds like the rear wiper is turned on, even if its not there

sphinX
12-03-2010, 02:47
How do you turn it off? Mine does the same! so annoying, it doesnt even work and it's there...

benj88
12-03-2010, 08:08
have u got a rear wiper? sounds like the rear wiper is turned on, even if its not there

The electrical problems only started after I got the back wiper removed, do you think it could be shortening everything?

tiff_lee
12-03-2010, 08:26
The electrical problems only started after I got the back wiper removed, do you think it could be shortening everything?
Is there a relay for the rear wiper?

benj88
12-03-2010, 10:52
Is there a relay for the rear wiper?

I think so mate.. On my way to work today I pressd the rear wiper button and the clicking has stopd :)

markey b
12-03-2010, 10:59
I think so mate.. On my way to work today I pressd the rear wiper button and the clicking has stopd :)

now unplug the switch ;)

anyone have any ideas on my lights? started working again now?!?!

IANMM
12-03-2010, 11:11
earths or a short....

check for dryjoints too could be an old warn cable draggin it down

tiff_lee
12-03-2010, 12:48
earths or a short....

check for dryjoints too could be an old warn cable draggin it down
:agree:

When the dash lights/clock goes off are you blowing any fuses?

markey b
12-03-2010, 13:41
no fuses blow, comes back in at will, could faulty light switch be at fault, as thats been dodgy for a while (can't flash lights on it but can use full beam)

when its 'faulting' i can't head the light relay click, have substituted it whilst its faulting and that made no difference, checked earths and as much wiring as i could.

seems to be pretty random, yesterday it started when i flicked on full beam, and lost everything.

TNT Tricky Nicky
12-03-2010, 20:16
if you've not got a spare switch i've got a nearly new one in the shed if you wanna try swapping it?

when i had ignition on i had no lights but with ignition off everything worked, changed switch and it cured it. scrapped car a couple of months later

tiff_lee
13-03-2010, 00:18
Another thought and might sound a bit daft have you tried pulling the fuses and reseating them? I know in my old mini the lights would never come on until i wiggled/reseated the fuse and then would be fine until the next time I turned them on.

It probably won't sort your problem but costs nothing to try eh