PDA

View Full Version : AVOID Clio Gtt (aka Willy lover)

Lewis
10-03-2010, 00:53
Strange one this, I paid to have a 172 ecu decoded and for a used clio williams subframe back at the start of December.
I paid via paypal as a gift transaction, bad idea, you can't claim your money back when payment is sent as a gift.

The 172 ecu was arrived the first week of Feb, it has been tested on a car and is decoded, however the williams subframe never turned up. I've sent several pm's on here and on williamsclio.co.uk forums. Managed to get hold of two mobile numbers which I called left messages and sent texts to, no reply to these.

The last communication back from him was on Feb 8th after the williamsclio forum mod's got involved:-

Posted:Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:00 pmSubject:Re: Ecu decoding and subframeHi mate,

Managed to send the ECU off before I went away but didn't get chance to organise a courier for the subframe, It'll get sent out this week, sorry for the delay.

Well more pm's, texts and calls made with no response from him and no subframe, loss of £50

Have mentioned on the williamsclio.co.uk forums and have heard back from one or two people that they are in the same situation so unless something changes all I can advise is avoid.

This is the member http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=248 , last login was 25/2/10 yet still hasn't answered my PM's on here!

Brigsy
10-03-2010, 07:22
I bought a quickshift linkage off him & it hasnt turned up either. He did reply to one pm saying its on its way but no response after that.

Spooky
10-03-2010, 08:34
Lewis, I better send you your ECU back then :ashamed: :laugh:

Lewis
10-03-2010, 17:49
No rush Sukhi, I've forked out the money for a new williams subframe now, until that arrives and gets fitted I won't be needing the ecu, thanks for testing it though.

Hows your 5 coming along?

Lewis
11-03-2010, 11:43
Latest update, I think Craig Heslington is selling some parts on eBay, funny that he has time to list and sell more parts but no time to send out or communicate with the people who have already paid him for items!
I'm certain it's him the sellers name is ches3855.

Spooky
11-03-2010, 13:03
No rush Sukhi, I've forked out the money for a new williams subframe now, until that arrives and gets fitted I won't be needing the ecu, thanks for testing it though.

Hows your 5 coming along?

Slowly! Spent more time on other peoples cars as of late, not touching it now til after my wedding...only 3 weeks to go :p

Lewis
17-03-2010, 23:04
Latest on this,after sending Craig a message on eBay this afternoon asking for an explanation on how he'd found time to list more items for sale yet not send or refund the item I paid for back in December I recieved a pm on the williamsclio.co.uk forums today and a refund in my paypal account.

To: lewis (Online)
Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:53 pm
Subject: Re: Ecu decoding and subframe
Sorry fella, I know I've been a complete arse, I've sent you the money back, you can have it free if you want to sort out a courier.

So there we go, I'm pleased I got my money back, Craig does seem honest enough and maybe has a lot on right now, some more communication wouldn't have gone a miss though.
I ended up paying £300+ for a brand new subframe from Renault last week but I'll try and forget about the cost of that!

Thanks for everyone who helped out with contact details, Miller etc.

andyrg
13-04-2010, 22:56
I know Craig, Hes a good lad with the heart in the right place, Hes like me he gets so busy he forgets too do things and then before he knows it people are shouting at him.

Glad its sorted hes a sound Kid.

Andy

Trevhib
14-04-2010, 10:17
How can people doing business be 'sound' if they 'forget to do things' for their customers when they've 'got a lot on'. B*ll$hit, it's a financial obligation, not a favour for a mate. Maybe they are socially nice guys but if they are bad at running a business - don't bother running one.

TrixNFlix
14-04-2010, 10:20
How can people doing business be 'sound' if they 'forget to do things' for their customers when they've 'got a lot on'. B*ll$hit, it's a financial obligation, not a favour for a mate. Maybe they are socially nice guys but if they are bad at running a business - don't bother running one.

Well said. :agree:

Brigsy
14-04-2010, 11:07
Agreed Trev. I still havent received my quickshift or money back, If i had paid a lot of money id be paying him a visit.

Wallace
14-04-2010, 19:14

I don't mean to jump on the band wagon too, but must say - i completely agree 100%