PDA

View Full Version : funniest thing youve heard about a 5

robbie506
08-03-2010, 14:13
somebody earlier as i was at the shop said he had a 5 and bored it out to a 1.8 nearly peed myself as i got in the car.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

so what have people said to you?

djinuk
08-03-2010, 14:24
a lad at a tyre fitting place told me he loved r5s..

then he asked if mine was a 1.6 or a 1.9 :P.

Also got asked by some chav whos eyes cudnt even point straight what i had outa it, i told him about 70 but the turbo was glowing so i had to ease off.. he then gave me pointers saying i needed to put a bigger turbo on it in order to reach higher top speeds, it was funny because i convinced him i really was interested in his random crap.

modfather
08-03-2010, 14:31
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
i had some1 ask me if my 5 was a nova :laugh::laugh::laugh:

markey b
08-03-2010, 14:59

my missus always used to call mine a nova, a beige ****in nova!! heathen!!!

robbie506
08-03-2010, 15:03

not funny had that the other day 2 felt like lumpin him

modfather
08-03-2010, 15:11
i told him it was a skoda and i drove off laughing :wasntme::wasntme::wasntme:

5alldaway
08-03-2010, 15:50
gotta be the superchipped comments

Logg
08-03-2010, 16:03
A lad at my local ATS told me 5's where made out of aluminium and that's why they where so light. I spent 10 mins explaining they wasn't as we looked under my one. To which his answer was his mates was a Raider and they're different. :cry:

5alldaway
08-03-2010, 16:07
through owning a 5 you realise just how full of sheet people are

another favourite is the black raider

modfather
08-03-2010, 16:14
A lad at my local ATS told me 5's where made out of aluminium and that's why they where so light. I spent 10 mins explaining they wasn't as we looked under my one. To which his answer was his mates was a Raider and they're different. :cry:

what a plank the gt turbo is heaviest out of the 5s kerb weight on the gt turbo is 830kg and the others are 755kg and under

Trevhib
08-03-2010, 16:53
"Do you want me to call the fire brigade?" From a passer-by.

I replied 'No!' Followed by a lot of swearing, I was so embarrassed.

I was livid. I'd just set the GTT alight via an arcing battery terminal that was too close to the inner wing. It had set fire to the rubber seal just above. I was driving along with flames shooting out of the gap between bonnet and wing.

Obviously this was my prized Ph1 and to say I was angry as I jumped out, lifted the bonnet, yanked out the burning rubber amid the sparks, threw it on the grass and disconnected the negative terminal, is an understatement. I was left with some very minor scorching to the bonnet and inner wing that wasn't visible from the outside. A lucky escape.

That damn battery tray, clamp and oversized Halfords calcuim battery :mad:

robbie506
08-03-2010, 17:11
thought kenobi would have posted by now where are you fella?

dave r5
08-03-2010, 17:13
when i went to redline tuning and asked for a tune up

he quoted me £500 to chip it and map it.

hence to say i never went back

(before it had the volvo lump with dta)

Leigh5T
08-03-2010, 19:59
Is it a real one mate?...........................................ye s it is a real car. :rolleyes:

mr white
08-03-2010, 20:05
you should have got a raider they have the 1.7 16v turbo in them:laugh::laugh::laugh: no wonder they guy worked at quickfit:laugh::laugh:

markey b
08-03-2010, 20:17
you should have got a raider they have the 1.7 16v turbo in them:laugh::laugh::laugh: no wonder they guy worked at quickfit:laugh::laugh:

i wondered why mine was soooo fast... :laugh:

thats a joke btw... its dog slow

robbie506
08-03-2010, 20:20
where do people get there info from if i dont know a car i dont comment on it.

i do love it though when you shot people down in front of there little chav mates!

Tony Walker
08-03-2010, 20:22
gotta be the superchipped comments

LOL at the superchip comment but as one of my younger college friends pointed out, there is actually a "chip" on the superchips website lol. £115 i think or something like that.
I did allways wonder if the aie could be manipulated to carry on retarding ignition timing past 14psi(i think its 14)

scratcher
08-03-2010, 20:33
The spanner kid across fom me thinks mine is a Nova. And poeple always assume its not a GT Turbo as 'it hasn't got a colour coded kit'!

I've had numerous people tell me about the 1.7 and 1.8 Raider models and one guy even thought nitrous oxide was an optional extra :confused:
Oh, an MOT tester warned me it might not pass emissions because there was not CAT on the car... what a silly-billy.

stu21t
08-03-2010, 21:16
when people find out my engines in the back, they always say,
oh like the old williams. :cry: or like the old gordinis :cry:
ERM NO

dangerous dave
08-03-2010, 21:38
someone telling me he made a turbo timer from a kettle.... i wished he was taking the p155 out of me but he was just a good old fashion tw@t:cartman:

HULK
08-03-2010, 22:01
Some stupid lads once came up to me and pointing at my car and laughing

one said..." dude wheres your exhaust gone?? has it dropped off ha ha???"

me...." dude it hasnt gone anywhere, its a side exit"

after they all found where it was they all thought that was ultra cool and one asked if he could take photo of it with his sh1tty mobile:dearme::wasntme:

m5tt
08-03-2010, 22:15
Bruv is dis a r5 turbo......... ( Yes, Quite clearly it is )

What turbo u got geeza? , how fast you gone? . You wanna raider bruv there 1.8's init . ( :dearme: )

My mate ad one of these yeh was sick well quick but crashed it ....

Anyone else encounterd these fantastic remarks?? :wasntme:

paul b
08-03-2010, 22:28
wasn't about a 5. but was in a 5 when it was said.....

had just done the 5's party trick which was to muller a Ford RS Turbo off the lights.....2nd gear, GO, 3rd gear....passenger in the car went ballistic as I had just done the impossible in leaving it behind,(Ford Fan,lol)...

he then explained how it was a work's RS with a pneumatic gearbox too, as he heard it go PISSSSSSSSH, PISSSSSSSSH between gear's......

OUT, get out and stay OUT....lol

BOY's

Chris Hebden
08-03-2010, 22:30
When I had my chargecooler set up I got some chaved up labourer arguing with me that I needed an intercooler, because mine didnt have one! Trying to explain what a charge cooler is was a nightmare so took him for a blast and showed him it worked :laugh:

m5tt
08-03-2010, 22:37
When I had my chargecooler set up I got some chaved up labourer arguing with me that I needed an intercooler, because mine didnt have one! Trying to explain what a charge cooler is was a nightmare so took him for a blast and showed him it worked :laugh:

:laugh: :wasntme:

dickiegtt
08-03-2010, 23:30
I always used to get asked, not just with the 5, has it got a turbo dump valve on it?!!!:mad: Go on dump it man, go on!:dearme: And always how fast does it go.....:dearme::dearme::mad: too which i always reply with a serious face, deep breath, and a sigh, and just say quietly 'ooooo well fast..........':laugh:

wrightygtt
09-03-2010, 06:15
I've heard most of these tbh, exmple the old dear thinks its a nova, a mechanic at a garage i used to work at thought you could super chip them, and is it me does every fcuker know someone who's had a 250 bhp 5, I've also heard "wheres Ali G" :crap:, I find it easier to not even mention owning one tbh, it never comes out the garage any way:laugh: sort of like being embarrassed of a retarted mate.

DaveMayGTT
09-03-2010, 07:36
Go on dump it man, go on!:dearme:

That is the one that annoys me, and people always want to hear it at standstill and never understand that i wont rev the car that hard before its warmed up and also it hardly makes any noise when at standstill. that alone was a good enough reason to take it off, along with the pidgeon noise being far cooler :)

Big Steve - Raider
09-03-2010, 08:17
"Wow a GT Turbo, you don't see many of those now-a-days. My Mate/Brother/Mothers Uncle used to have one of these, it was WELL FAST but the headgasket let go & he got rid of it....." :sad: :dearme:

Logg
09-03-2010, 08:41
wasn't about a 5. but was in a 5 when it was said.....

had just done the 5's party trick which was to muller a Ford RS Turbo off the lights.....2nd gear, GO, 3rd gear....passenger in the car went ballistic as I had just done the impossible in leaving it behind,(Ford Fan,lol)...

he then explained how it was a work's RS with a pneumatic gearbox too, as he heard it go PISSSSSSSSH, PISSSSSSSSH between gear's......

OUT, get out and stay OUT....lol

BOY's

Got to love that, back when I was 19 I would go Southend every weekend to upset as many RS's as I could. Thank god for growing up now.

Blick
09-03-2010, 08:55
"Wow a GT Turbo, you don't see many of those now-a-days. My Mate/Brother/Mothers Uncle used to have one of these, it was WELL FAST but the headgasket let go & he got rid of it....." :sad: :dearme:

think i had that comment everytime i pulled up somewhere pretty much!!!! :rolleyes::laugh:

MattChester
09-03-2010, 09:43
When I was selling my tungy h reg some nonse rang up thinking it was a raider. He thought all h reg's where raiders :D:D:D

GTphil
09-03-2010, 10:20
Does it have a turbo?:sleep::dearme: My reply........ No, it has two!:upyours:

Blick
09-03-2010, 11:04

yeah like the clue is in the name (renault 5 gt turbo) :scratch: :laugh:

Blick
09-03-2010, 11:05

yeah like the clue is in the name!? (renault 5 gt turbo) :scratch::sad2::laugh:

BriC
09-03-2010, 12:22
This thread :laugh:

I think the most common one I get is 'I / my brother / my sister / my dog / my goldfish used to have one of them. they're rapid mate.'

SPENCER
10-03-2010, 12:32
Nice car mate, my mate/brother/dad/grandma used to have one of them it was "well" quick.

"How many headgaskets have you been through!? "(erm well actually none but it's been replaced a couple of times like when I had the head flowed)

What's the top speed you've had out of it!??

Where's your exhaust gone?

Sat at lights or at the petrol station - "Nice Car mate are you selling it?" errrm no I'm driving it or filling it up!???

Everyone thinks the engine is at least 1600 most think it's a 1.8 and they are shocked when you tell them the truth

Kenobi
10-03-2010, 14:08
I heard a story about a guy called mike once and his website. That was pretty funny.

dave j gtt
10-03-2010, 14:32
As it got a dump valve? , I think "arrrgh" NOOOOOOO and why ask me that now with the missus and she’s thinking who the ****s this random guy speaking like he’s ill.

It’s all fun though. If you don’t know, and you don’t ask.

eddie
10-03-2010, 15:16
yeah haha took some one out in mine spinnin up in 3 and he said wats in this 1.8 turbo no mate its a 1.4 so at to open the bonnet to prove lol get plenty like wheres the exhaust gone or i think ur exhaust as fell off or the nitrous in the back whats that a fire extisher haha prats :wasntme:

robbie506
10-03-2010, 17:35
we are all saying everything we hear on a day to day basis there has to be some mad stories out there.

dave j gtt
10-03-2010, 19:10
Yeah someone fess up to driving recklessley :laugh: I have in past amazinley,

got charged with obstructing an officer and told site the story :laugh: long story short i drove off :cry: i was insured and they were saying i wasnt, they wanted to impound my car i hatched a plan an escaped. never again was just spur of the moment , got arrested at home later that night, i showed all paper work to surport my case. for not having my car taken unlawfully, they took it any way , after i told them were its was 24 hours later on a bankholiday weekend hahah :crap: i had to py £105 to get it back also.:cry:

robbie506
10-03-2010, 19:13
Yeah someone fess up to driving recklessley :laugh: I have in past amazinley,

got charged with obstructing an officer and told site the story :laugh: long story short i drove off :cry: i was insured and they were saying i wasnt, they wanted to impound my car i hatched a plan an escaped. never again was just spur of the moment , got arrested at home later that night, i showed all paper work to surport my case. for not having my car taken unlawfully, they took it any way , after i told them were its was 24 hours later on a bankholiday weekend hahah :crap: i had to py £105 to get it back also.:cry:

thats great

but how did you escape

scott25
16-03-2010, 15:43
just speakin to a mate which of mine who also owns a 5 gt, not seen him for a while he then tried to convince me that his car ran 350bhp on a rolling road last week whilst i was looking straight at his stock turbo and downpipe and everythin else, he does have lots of chrome covers though, maybe thats were the power came from lol

fidos got a raider
16-03-2010, 17:09
Someone said to me that you can turn the boost up via the dump vavle. Plank!!
:scratch:

JRP
16-03-2010, 17:18
Someone said to me that you can turn the boost up via the dump vavle. Plank!!
:scratch:

wernt that you that thought that :confused:

:laugh:

fidos got a raider
16-03-2010, 17:20
Phil told me you said it bit he told me to keep it hush hush

James5
16-03-2010, 17:26
Phil told me you said it bit he told me to keep it hush hush

:laugh: Phil told me the same thing he has also said jrp touched his bum :cooter:

fidos got a raider
16-03-2010, 17:35
:laugh: Phil told me the same thing he has also said jrp touched his bum :cooter:

:agree:

JRP
16-03-2010, 18:04

I only fondled his bum after chris had and that was after you had had your go... so i got sloppy thirds.... not to mention you nicking my thongs latley under the belife they were my mums!