PDA

View Full Version : replacement fan

michael tierney
07-03-2010, 22:07
Looks like i'll be doing a bit of traffic driving soon so i was going to replace my rad fan(preventative maintenance)has any one a model number for a spal,pacet or kenlowe replacement? or is there brushes u can get for the origional??

Miller
07-03-2010, 22:33
It's one like this, that i have in my car........much quieter than the original gt one:D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-SLIM-RADIATOR-FAN-UPGRADED-COOLING-12V-PUSH-OR-PULL_W0QQitemZ120537419552QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca rsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1c10970f20

You would be best to measure the rad width as i cannot remember if it was the 10" or 12" one i got:confused:

Chris:)

Brigsy
08-03-2010, 11:17
If you want a reliable fan keep the original, do they ever wear out??

Preventative maintenance for me would be renewing the wiring, thats what fails first.

The spal/pacet etc fans are poor imo, from personal experience & others. Mine wouldnt cool enough (not on a gtt mind). Kris m's on his cup car does sod all apart from make noise/block airflow through the rad imo!

Jessop had two fail on him on his old ax, first one the motor went & the 2nd the wiring was dodgy inside the motor housing, reliable? far from it:laugh:

Id only use a non valeo fan if i had to due to space.