PDA

View Full Version : oil feed adaptor

tom t
04-03-2010, 22:52
ive just got my new oil feed from hose solutions for my new car. am i right in thinking the size of the fittings on the hose are 1/4 bsp?

i havent been able to fit it yet as pirtek and another company havent been able to match the thread on my turbo.

would anybody please take a bet on what thread size it is on this pic? any help would be much appreciated as i want to drive the car badly!

(havent been able to upload the pics of yet. but could anybody confirm the fitment on the hose from hose solutions? and would any body want to have a punt of what it could be on the turbo until i can upload the pics?)

thanks

tom t
12-03-2010, 22:01
ive found out what type of adaptor i need its 11mm to 1/4 bsp but im having real problems where i can get one. Has anyone got any idea as to where i could get one? Any help would be much appreciated thanks

rs250nut
12-03-2010, 22:34
Pirtek, hose solutions, demon tweeks, merlin motorsport, goodridge all sell adaptors.:)

Miller
12-03-2010, 22:50
What turbo is it?

IF you look in the oil feed hole in the turbo does the hole go straight down or is their a flair pointing out?

If its a flare pointing out it will prob be........

http://www.thinkauto.com/acatalog/On_line_shop_BSP_to_UNF__162.html

And its thread will be be 7/16x24tpi concave seat- steel

You will just need to match the other oil feed end. so it might also be a jic fitting on the oil feed and not bsp

Chris:)

Shane P
12-03-2010, 22:53
What does JIC mean? Just for future reference ? :)

GTphil
12-03-2010, 22:57
I have had a similar problem finding an oil feed adaptor for my turbo, went to a few places and they couldn't decide what thread size it was.

Ended up buying one from ATP that seems to fit. Then took that and my oil feed hose to pirtek and they had something to mate the two. A fair bit of faffing really:rolleyes:

You would have thought most turbo manufactorers would make the thread sizes simpler. Or is it a case of the core has been re-tapped? mine was 11mm fine pitch with a similar flare to the one miller describes.

Miller
12-03-2010, 23:50
What does JIC mean? Just for future reference ? :)

JIC is know as an American thread, more info can be found on google or....

http://www.speedflow.co.uk/help10.htm

The m11 thats mentioned is the exact same thread as mine but just converted to imperial.

This is the thread i have used in my Nissan 200sx t28 turbo for the Volvo.

Chris:)

Shane P
13-03-2010, 00:02

tom t
13-03-2010, 08:05
not sure what turbo it is as it was allready on the car. Think its a garret turbo though.It does look like its got a flare. I will follow them links. Have tried pirtek, merlin.have emailed hose solutions havent heard back yet.

Ive got the original adaptor that was in the turbo, and i found out last night that the adaptor that came with my oil feed fits into that adaptor, but i cannot get it to seel 100 % i think that may have something to do with the flare. Also the hose was from hose solutions and i have been told by them the fitting on the feed is bsp. Thanks for ya help guys really need to get this sorted.