PDA

View Full Version : Help please - want to upload pics of Pearl GT and can't?

Pearl Baby
03-03-2010, 04:11
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hello

I tried to upload two images of my special Pearl GT Turbo (for sale) but the image sizes say 1.91MB JPEG and 24.9MB BMP (scanned photo).

Does anyone who how I can reduce the sizes so I can upload please?

Thank you!

Bigfoot
03-03-2010, 07:12
Download and install this

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

then on the pictures right click on them and there will be a resize image which will then get it to a smaller size for you to upload on to the site

Welcome to the club

tiff_lee
03-03-2010, 12:18
Alternatively try opening the image in paint then 'save as' a jpeg that will reduce its size dramatically.

Pearl Baby
03-03-2010, 14:21

bigfoot - thanks for this. I tried, but I have Windows Vista and it says it will not function later than XP :(...

Tiif_Lee - thanks also, not sure how to do this but will take a look and give it a go.

Thanks both very much!

I have only ever joined two forums and am finding this group much nicer and more helpful/friendly than the last ;)

IANMM
03-03-2010, 14:23
or upload them to photobucket and paste the {img} code in

car.crash
03-03-2010, 17:54
where in slough are you, i will pop over and take a few pics and put it on here if your close enough.

Mart
03-03-2010, 18:02
I have only ever joined two forums and am finding this group much nicer and more helpful/friendly than the last ;)

That's a good enough reason for keeping the car & showing it off at the many, various rtoc events :agree: :)

Pearl Baby
04-03-2010, 00:11

Thanks to all for your help...I have now discovered paint and managed to reduce the size plus load a couple of images to my ad (I think?) - appreciate your input, I feel much enlightened, thank you!:)

Pearl Baby
04-03-2010, 00:14

PS thanks for the offer to take photos but I am not actually in Slough. I can take pics but it will have to be the right day, the right weather and the right mood to go through the shennanigans of de-storing it etc to do so ;)