PDA

View Full Version : events section moved , bad idea.

djinuk
02-03-2010, 10:55
Just showing my concerns really with the events section being moved from the forum and placed in the header of the site.

It seems a bad idea imo and offers no real obvious benefit i can see, with the main implication being that when a new event or post is added it will not show on the main board meaning if people dont specifically select events on the header than they will never be aware of meets etc.

This to me can only be a bad thing however i may be wrong and missing the point of this.

edit , just read the other thread on this.

Miller
02-03-2010, 23:55
After reading the other thread do you see what the benefits are now?:)

The best way to read the boards is use "Last 24h" or "Last Week" they can be found in the black bar, if you use these buttons it will show all threads including events that have been posted on.

Chris:)

Scoff
03-03-2010, 00:17
Well yes, but there's a slight technical reason for not doing it just yet. The old events forum is re-directed to the new one. I wanted to see the old link preserved for a bit and it would of looked odd to have 2. It can be added to the forum main page though, if that's your only gripe ?

Schakal
03-03-2010, 00:42
The best way to read the boards is use "Last 24h" or "Last Week" they can be found in the black bar, if you use these buttons it will show all threads including events that have been posted on.

Chris:)

agreed :agree: