PDA

View Full Version : Goodyear eagle f1 tyres

garya
24-02-2010, 22:17
Just orderd two goodyear eagle f1 tyres,does enyone have these,they had pritty good reviews on the site but wanted to know if enyone has them on there 5 and what they thought.

HULK
24-02-2010, 22:22
very good tyres, better in the dry than in the wet but they didnt wear as fast as the yoko A539s i had before them

dangerous dave
24-02-2010, 22:25
really good tyre, newer tread pattern holds off the feathering most of the older ones suffered from..

bit soft but grippy, jamie8 on here has them now instead of t1rs as they just dont cut it, although the t1rs are good value..

garya
24-02-2010, 22:32
well i was going to get t1rs but the guy said that they are budget tyres and i wasnt wanting a budget tyre so he said my best option would be the goodyear eagle supplied and fitted for two was £154 but if i went for 4 i would of got them for £295 but never had enuff money so will wait to next week and get another two.195/45/15 thats the size i got and the ratio was a v.so they get fitted tomorrow :D.

HULK
24-02-2010, 22:37
well i was going to get t1rs but the guy said that they are budget tyres and i wasnt wanting a budget tyre so he said my best option would be the goodyear eagle supplied and fitted for two was £154 but if i went for 4 i would of got them for £295 but never had enuff money so will wait to next week and get another two.195/45/15 thats the size i got and the ratio was a v.so they get fitted tomorrow :D.

You got seriously shafted with those, should have bought them from mytyres £57.10 each deleivered to your door, then take em to quik fit or somewhere and get them fitted for a fiver :dearme:

dangerous dave
24-02-2010, 22:38

you ordered these online i hope?? always money to be saved, black circles, camskill, best buy tyres, my tyres etc..

walk into a tyre shop and you'll always pay more:disagree:

dangerous dave
24-02-2010, 22:42
You got seriously shafted with those, should have bought them from mytyres £57.10 each deleivered to your door, then take em to quik fit or somewhere and get them fitted for a fiver :dearme:

those days have passed in many places, sometimes its luck that there are a few shady guys working.. alot of places want 15 per tyre fitted, valve, balance.. :crap:

tyre shop near me will do £30 for 4 fitted, or my mate jamie does them for beer money, or i walk in and fit them myself:smokin:

sphinX
24-02-2010, 22:49
Always had t1rs...got some f1s and I have to say these tyres are the dogs bollox! Awesome in wet and dry for me... I drive and wet is basically dry hah. In the dry they can't be touched... I have eagles on the front and t1rs on the back. Aweomse tyres and well worth the money!

garya
24-02-2010, 22:55
got them from etyres.aw well bought them now lol.might look else were for my other two tho lol.also orderd front wheel bearings from gsf £27 for both and a 10%discount.i havent paid for them yet unless enyone knows a cheaper place :D

jamie_8
25-02-2010, 19:49
those days have passed in many places, sometimes its luck that there are a few shady guys working.. alot of places want 15 per tyre fitted, valve, balance.. :crap:

tyre shop near me will do £30 for 4 fitted, or my mate jamie does them for beer money, or i walk in and fit them myself:smokin:

they are amazing tyres, got them on my polo, the difference between them and the toyo's is as clear as night and day imo....and i got them for £55 each fitted through work ;)

jamie_8
25-02-2010, 19:51

wouldn't say there a budget tyre, but the difference between them and the goodyear is noticeable, especially in the wet

garya
25-02-2010, 22:12
well got the two tyres fitted today not seen them yet as i have been working late and the car is kept round at the parents lol.hopefully if i have enuff cash i will get the other two next week.