PDA

View Full Version : New C1J

rs250nut
24-02-2010, 10:32
I know gt tuning used to sell these back in the day but are short motors still available? I had one may moons ago but the car it was in got stolen.

m5tt
24-02-2010, 18:46
I went into Renault around 3/4 years ago for my blue r5 GTT and Enquired about a brand new Renault supplied C1J ,

I was expecting something of the thausands ..... But was pleasently supprised with the reply of yes that will be 600 odd pound (Vat Not Inc) I never took them up as :laugh: I dont even know how to fit an Engine ... Haha

But its been a while best part of four years now so Who knows give them a try !

Penfold aka The Dealer
24-02-2010, 18:49
No longer available, last new one sold was in aug 2007... I know it was in my dealership in ashford, the parts bloke love's to tell me his claim to fame...

m5tt
24-02-2010, 18:52
Penfold To be honest I was stunned when Harlow Darlingtons even said they could get one (back then) It amased me , What sort of money passed through the customers hands do you know ?

Penfold aka The Dealer
24-02-2010, 18:54
Penfold To be honest I was stunned when Harlow Darlingtons even said they could get one (back then) It amased me , What sort of money passed through the customers hands do you know ?

It was £685+ vat, we all know there not exactly hard to build...

He also told me alot of gearbox's, heads etc you can still buy reconned from renault, but sometimes come back with brand new bits even tho you cant buy them new...

JRP
24-02-2010, 18:57
It was £685+ vat, we all know there not exactly hard to build...

He also told me alot of gearbox's, heads etc you can still buy reconned from renault, but sometimes come back with brand new bits even tho you cant buy them new...

Cool penfold you should do a how to build a c1j artical then... if its not that hard ehhhh come on ;)

Penfold aka The Dealer
24-02-2010, 19:05
Cool penfold you should do a how to build a c1j artical then... if its not that hard ehhhh come on ;)

You should know i never get my hands dirty... ;)

But i do have a spare engine here, nearly all the bits to rebuild it, I am just waiting to the engine block to be cleaned, the head refurbed... & maybe i will do an article...

JRP
24-02-2010, 19:07
You should know i never get my hands dirty... ;)

But i do have a spare engine here, nearly all the bits to rebuild it, I am just waiting to the engine block to be cleaned, the head refurbed... & maybe i will do an article...

Well chop chop earn your keep. would be a valuble artical to those members that dont have either a haynes or any clue what to do...

Seeing as you are about to build an engine perfect opportunitie

Penfold aka The Dealer
24-02-2010, 19:08
Well chop chop earn your keep. would be a valuble artical to those members that dont have either a haynes or any clue what to do...

Seeing as you are about to build an engine perfect opportunitie

Just waiting to get a job before i spend out more on a spare engine...

JRP
24-02-2010, 19:11
Just waiting to get a job before i spend out more on a spare engine...

Under your name says ''Got a new job FTW''

Penny penny penfold!!!!! :cry:

Penfold aka The Dealer
24-02-2010, 19:12
Under your name says ''Got a new job FTW''

Penny penny penfold!!!!! :cry:

That job got delayed... still on the cards but god only knows when... still looking for a full time job..

JRP
24-02-2010, 19:15
That job got delayed... still on the cards but god only knows when... still looking for a full time job..

I thought you were a driving instructor :( what happend dude

Penfold aka The Dealer
24-02-2010, 19:20
I thought you were a driving instructor :( what happend dude

Still technically am a Driving Instructor, but the way my business dried up in Oct/Nov last year i thought it was a good time to wind the business up. I dont mind I am afoster carer now and that allows me the flexiblity to find a job that i want rather than a job for ££'s.

Plus a driving instructor dont make the £30k per year people think it does...:(

JRP
24-02-2010, 19:26
Still technically am a Driving Instructor, but the way my business dried up in Oct/Nov last year i thought it was a good time to wind the business up. I dont mind I am afoster carer now and that allows me the flexiblity to find a job that i want rather than a job for ££'s.

Plus a driving instructor dont make the £30k per year people think it does...:(

You could join the navy or the like.. pays well and all types of jobs :) i know the gas board are looking at the mo ;)