PDA

View Full Version : 21st - Fastshow - Santa Pod

Rob@Backyardracing
23-02-2010, 20:46
The first Biggest Pod Chav event of the year.. anyone going...

http://www.thefastshow.com/

Spooky
23-02-2010, 21:31
I will be :D

Rob@Backyardracing
23-02-2010, 23:07
Should be an interesting weekend, good to see we at last have some renault 5s running in ESC drag series...:agree:

Scoff
23-02-2010, 23:13
Should be an interesting weekend, good to see we at last have some renault 5s running in ESC drag series...:agree:

yeah, now we just need to get them ready :crap: :D

gtmatt
23-02-2010, 23:19
take it you goin rob , u camping ??

Rob@Backyardracing
23-02-2010, 23:30
Yep full weekend for me, mapping car sat if i have chance, race sunday..

Guess Scoff may do same but will be running in Euro Sport Compact series along with hi 5 (glen) and his GT turbo..:agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
27-02-2010, 22:08
I'll pop along to this one too, be good to have weekend off and watching some racing.

Scoff
27-02-2010, 23:15
unbelievably I managed to get a load done on the car today, so if everything else goes to plan then there's an outside chance I might be ready for the 1st round of ESC, which takes place at this event.

Markey Mark (BD)
28-02-2010, 15:17
unbelievably I managed to get a load done on the car today, so if everything else goes to plan then there's an outside chance I might be ready for the 1st round of ESC, which takes place at this event.

Good work mate, different story here weather stopped play on mine big style. 4 day weekend next week so will be doing all the jobs then which should of ben done today.

Be good to see it at the show mate, see how the new engine performs.

Rob@Backyardracing
28-02-2010, 18:20
Good work Scoff, keep it up lad... Ive gone two weeks now without touching the civic :crap: hmmm, need to get my finger out..

Scoff
28-02-2010, 18:40
Good work Scoff, keep it up lad... Ive gone two weeks now without touching the civic :crap: hmmm, need to get my finger out..

it's turned to sh1t again today, I noticed that some of my gears have the "modern" (but useless) type of synchros on them, and I aught to have the older stronger ones in to build the new box up. Now I need a new 1st and 2nd gear, or rarther an old 1st and 2nd gear.

I could find the gears but that might take some time. I could fit a pair of diesel gears that I have but that'll incur an extra 200rpm drop between 1st and 2nd - not acceptable. I could re-fit the original 1st and 2nd as planned, with new type "weak" synchros and hope for the best, but that's not ideal either. nothing much ever goes to plan :crap:

Rob@Backyardracing
28-02-2010, 22:51
Bummer... OK then, id bin the diesel idea completely. Im guessing you will be back stroking OE for first event so you could run old style box and get some good healthy data logs of old vs new engine with same ratio... treat it as a test weekend

Im guessing the plan we spoke about with sync mods that time... im unsure with that option.. if you have spares, id bin then completely and go agressive...

your call...

Im going with an engine thats prob just ran at idle for 5 mins and a base map.. think yourself lucky...:)

Scoff
28-02-2010, 23:38
Bummer... OK then, id bin the diesel idea completely. Im guessing you will be back stroking OE for first event so you could run old style box and get some good healthy data logs of old vs new engine with same ratio... treat it as a test weekend

Im guessing the plan we spoke about with sync mods that time... im unsure with that option.. if you have spares, id bin then completely and go agressive...

your call...

Im going with an engine thats prob just ran at idle for 5 mins and a base map.. think yourself lucky...:)

I can't even do that rob, the old ratio's are useless with the new capacity. 135mph would be something like 8200rpm trap, not good. I atleast need the new taller final drive putting in, which is no issue as such I just don't want to be pulling it all in a months time because I didn't get the other bits right.

I think I'll stick with the modern synchros from last years gearbox. I examined them tonight, no signs of wear at all to the dogs. I'll put new ones in to try and resolve the poor shifting issue.

I managed to find a new radiator tonight too, allu unit from a peugot 206, it *fills* the front of the car literally, so hopefully cooling should be better this year too.

Rob@Backyardracing
01-03-2010, 00:24
I didnt think you was planning to go over 135 so soon,lol, blah go 26.5 inch... yeah try new syncs, mite improve... unsure its the answer tho, id still be tempted to run without to see, but as you know aint going to last, you would think it would last longer than a spaced tho, whats james run in his mk2 golf? .. hows the rad with new cooler set up? any progress on the plenum?...

Scoff
01-03-2010, 21:14
I think I'd bugger it up with no synchros, the dog's are like 3mm thick each on 1st and 2nd in this new type gearbox, I'd rip them off in no time. I can't go any larger with the tyres, I already had to cut 1.5" off the sill and a shed load out of the wings and bumber mounts to get the 25's on. as for 135mph, I hope so, I was doing nearly 133mph with a blown clutch and only 60% of the track spent on boost! granted it was the latter half of the track I spent on boost so I don't expect there was much more trap to be had. Still, with the extra 200cc and the new cams I'm hoping for a couple more mph of trap. I need to offset the weight of the new cage too, though.

Ron
01-03-2010, 22:18
I will be coming along to cheer you guys on. I need some motivation to get the mini done!

Rob@Backyardracing
01-03-2010, 22:26
Lol, all you ESC lot are paper weight... :cry:... :p your guna be at 140 in no time...

Rob@Backyardracing
01-03-2010, 22:27
I will be coming along to cheer you guys on. I need some motivation to get the mini done!

:agree: Camping?

Ron
01-03-2010, 22:59
Will see what tha weathers upto! If not will be there Sunday!

Scoff
02-03-2010, 00:51
camping in march, you nutters :crap: ron, haz passed me some turbo bits that you may/may not want from him, let me know if I need to bring them with me :)

Rob@Backyardracing
02-03-2010, 19:37
camping in march, you nutters :crap: ron, haz passed me some turbo bits that you may/may not want from him, let me know if I need to bring them with me :)

Mate, i aint got a choice, i need to at least get some runs to map, my car isnt road legal.. id rather not camp tbh...

rs250nut
02-03-2010, 21:48
Are engine swaps permitted in the esc? Is the hks drag series not going to be combined with this soon? Anyone else camping, I wouldnt mind a natter:)

Scoff
02-03-2010, 22:08
Are engine swaps permitted in the esc? Is the hks drag series not going to be combined with this soon? Anyone else camping, I wouldnt mind a natter:)

yeah, as long as you retain all european components (engine, body, etc). HKS and ESC will merge at some point, no one seems to know when though :)

Scoff
02-03-2010, 22:14
infact, I don't think there's a single competitor in ESC that has an original engine ;) perhaps the odd one.

Ron
02-03-2010, 22:23
Scoff I will let you know. I need to look into wether it will be any better than I have now.

Rob@Backyardracing
02-03-2010, 23:03
yeah, as long as you retain all european components (engine, body, etc). HKS and ESC will merge at some point, no one seems to know when though :)

I think there worried about the changes ESC lads will have to make regarding weight etc.. they dont have to comply to the rules nor fully follow the blue book at the moment. It would be good to see what happens, i bet my 10p that there engine vs weight class will be broke down more uder 2L.. i think 1700cc or less should be one class... :)..

Do you need a MSA liecence in ESC? out of interest?

turbo ted
02-03-2010, 23:13
The first Biggest Pod Chav event of the year.. anyone going...

http://www.thefastshow.com/
number 5 is alive lets go chav trashing:smokin:

car.crash
02-03-2010, 23:22
number 5 is alive lets go chav trashing:smokin:
stay away from the M40!! :burnrubber::cry:

Logg
03-03-2010, 00:07
Fancy popping down to this Marc with your agrophobic car? :crap:

If it's a dry day. :)

turbo ted
03-03-2010, 00:15
stay away from the M40!! :burnrubber::cry:
junction 3 m40 is where i loose a piston regulary save me pistons for the drag strip:D

Rob@Backyardracing
18-03-2010, 22:51
Bump..... whos going...?

Scoff
19-03-2010, 00:17
not me I'm sorry to say :( I could, but it'll be the 1st weekend I've had to myself in a couple of months, so I'd love to spend it putting the car back together instead, which is a lot more important if I'm to be mapping in April as planned.

Rob@Backyardracing
19-03-2010, 00:37
Ye Get on with your car lad... ill be free to help soon with out..... :agree:

Scoff
19-03-2010, 00:42
Ye Get on with your car lad... ill be free to help soon with out..... :agree:

cheers rob, I need to organise myself a bit more and will give you a shout if I get bogged down with it. it's just a lack of spare time for me. I have a garage and house full of new bits, still in wrappers, really looking forward to getting on it this weekend without any distractions (phone off, garage door locked!!). Hoping weather is nice, need to weld the cage in, fancy doing that outdoors.

Scoff
19-03-2010, 00:44
I actually don't have a lot to do, a single weekend will see the motor built, gearbox built and the whole lot back in the car. I'll need another weekend to pipe it all up and get a base map on the go. start of april I want to be on the dyno.

TommyB
19-03-2010, 21:37
I'm going

Not sure i'm going to qualify but i am taking jets and 2 full nitrous bottles.

If i can improve on the 12.38 its a bonus....if i also qualify i'll be made up.

I'll do my best to make you all proud.

ESC here we come.!

tom t
19-03-2010, 21:54
think my boss should be going to this in his black rx7 in the hks class is suppoused to be a beast. wish i could go

Rob@Backyardracing
19-03-2010, 22:04
I'm going

Not sure i'm going to qualify but i am taking jets and 2 full nitrous bottles.

If i can improve on the 12.38 its a bonus....if i also qualify i'll be made up.

I'll do my best to make you all proud.

ESC here we come.!

:agree::agree: if theres less than a 16 car field would you qualify for eliminations anyway, just race to see know who your against? i beleave ESC qualiy is on Saturday? ill be there for 9am tomoz mate...:)

Markey Mark (BD)
19-03-2010, 22:31
Tommy - You running in the ESC too? I may be looking into this next year so few more 5's in the series i recon.

I won't be able to make it either, same thing i've got a fair bit i'd like to do to my 5 to get it done so going to spend the time on that.

Hope to hear the news of the times you all pull.

TommyB
20-03-2010, 19:39
A wet show today, no one turned a wheel.