PDA

View Full Version : Any Cisco qualified people on here?

Northerner
06-10-2008, 19:45
I'm looking at doing the CCNA and CCDA exams in the v.near future.

How difficult are these? Also, is there any web/book related resources worth looking at?

Also, what's the job market like at the mo for Cisco qualified people?

clee
06-10-2008, 19:52
Hey Poncho .............

I think you need be very old and possibly lived outside the UK to appreciate that one :laugh:

Northerner
06-10-2008, 20:54
Hey Gringo.....

Now back to the original question :)

UNICRONICUS
07-10-2008, 09:22
I done a Cisco exam in basic networking, it was quite intense for what it was! I am told that the CCNA and the CC(whatever you said) are uber hard, but once you have achieved these qualifications the IT world is your oyster, just like if you have got any MS MCP's or MCSE/A qualifications, very recognised!

c7borg
07-10-2008, 11:14
Hi, I work in networking, I've been doing it for about 12 years and I've only just gone for my CCNA, and I failed despite starting my path toward CCNP (the next step on)

The CCNA can be hard if you're not sure what your expecting.. the multiple choice questions for me were relatively easy (that thing of easy if you know the answers I guess) because I've been reading up on the ccna for quite a while and have just picked up a lot form experience, it was the simulations that I found the difficult bit mainly because I didn't prep for them.. I was in a rush and I thought I could just wing it :) so my advise would be get very familiar with the command line.

As to whether it's worth just going for the CCNA It all depends what you want to do what your experience is..

Although, if you want to cheat or should I say just get the qualification I'll give you three words pass 4 sure .. http://www.pass4sure.com (http://www.pass4sure.com/) basically I've been told that 80% of the questions in the exam are available in their package they offer..

This is useful if your boss says, right I want you to get your CCNA qualification but you know very well it doesn't mean anything for your job role but management wants the company to look a bit better :) but by using this method you may not retain the info as well so when you go for an interview I image they could quite quickly suss you out.

Sorry for my ramblings for everyone else out there but if you're interested in knowing more Cisco or anything networking let me know as I could go on all day about it :)

Northerner
07-10-2008, 18:47
Thanks for the info.

The main reason why I am looking to do it is because I moved out of a techy role about 4 years ago to concentrate on Solution Architecture and Implementation Management.

However things are looking dodgy workwise at my current employer so I am looking at refreshing my tech skills and renewing any old qualis incase I have to dive back into the job market.

c7borg
08-10-2008, 12:41
Thanks for the info.

The main reason why I am looking to do it is because I moved out of a techy role about 4 years ago to concentrate on Solution Architecture and Implementation Management.

However things are looking dodgy workwise at my current employer so I am looking at refreshing my tech skills and renewing any old qualis incase I have to dive back into the job market.

Then I'm sure it'll be usefull.. I was just chatting the other day and apparently there's a shortage of CCSP's

paul b
08-10-2008, 12:54
Hey Poncho .............

I think you need be very old and possibly lived outside the UK to appreciate that one :laugh:
is that signed, "To Lee , with Love,the Cisco Kid"