PDA

View Full Version : m.o.t - sidey

Smokey
23-02-2010, 08:20
will my side exit exhaust pass on the emission test on the m.o.t as its coming up in april. The garage said it will pass on the basis of where it is and noise.

Thanks

Kenobi
23-02-2010, 08:22
will my side exit exhaust pass on the emission test on the m.o.t as its coming up in april. The garage said it will pass on the basis of where it is and noise.

Thanks

If you bring it to me for MOT it will pass. :agree:

Smokey
23-02-2010, 08:26
hows that, will it not pass anyway then or will it need overlooking.;)

Spooky
23-02-2010, 08:51

Thanks

Emissions won't be an issue, noise might be.

It could just simply come down to the MOT testers discretion :)

I've been using the same MOT station for almost 10yrs, fair to say, I've built up a good friendship with the owner :p

dave r5
23-02-2010, 09:48
If you bring it to me for MOT it will pass. :agree:

as it would wiv me.

yll only get tested on idle at thats 3.5% co

if the testers nice, and yr over the limit he mite adjust the idle mixture to suit.

just make sure u know were it was b4 hand so u can re adjust after

Kenobi
23-02-2010, 09:56
"oh look, theres a nice MOT'd fiesta, lets stick the probe in there"

:agree:

Ricardo
23-02-2010, 10:49

I think thats a FAIL

Pre 91 or CAT is CO of 3.5%, IIRC now the emissions are logged on the computer and linked with the test, they have a list of all makes, models of cars, I think that's right :ashamed:

Mart
23-02-2010, 10:53
Something's seriously wrong with the fuelling if you can't get a gtt to pass the emissions test! I think <=5% is the pass rate for an R5 - I know it's a substantially higher percentage allowance than modern day engines anyway.

~1-1.5% c.o is a good spot for idle.

dave r5
23-02-2010, 12:00
I think thats a FAIL

Pre 91 or CAT is CO of 3.5%, IIRC now the emissions are logged on the computer and linked with the test, they have a list of all makes, models of cars, I think that's right :ashamed:

no.

the emisision test is done on its own machine,
and u have to tell the vts if its passed or failed,

for example

i test a car, the n/s/f side light is not working
if i dont tell the vts that its out it wont know.

same with emisions if u dont tell it dont know.;)

markey b
23-02-2010, 15:41
Something's seriously wrong with the fuelling if you can't get a gtt to pass the emissions test! I think <=5% is the pass rate for an R5 - I know it's a substantially higher percentage allowance than modern day engines anyway.

~1-1.5% c.o is a good spot for idle.

+1. both of my cars pass a legit emissions test, and both will do sub 200miles to a tank

reevio
23-02-2010, 17:08
il be running a side exit on my volvo engine in my clio but il have the standard silencer on and a cat any ideas anyone if this will have any issues

Markey Mark (BD)
23-02-2010, 17:30
il be running a side exit on my volvo engine in my clio but il have the standard silencer on and a cat any ideas anyone if this will have any issues

I can't see you have any issue's with that exhaust mate.

I'm going to be running a side exit on my Volvo engine with 1 silencer (cherry bomb) and no cat, think i'll have more issue's. :)

reevio
23-02-2010, 17:33
lol yeah il be changing the cat for a silenced decat after the mot and i just wanted to run a center silencer as didnt want it to be to noisey for track days

J$£5GTT
23-02-2010, 17:44

just put it in a see if it passes i say.

:)

Chris Hebden
23-02-2010, 18:26
no.

the emisision test is done on its own machine,
and u have to tell the vts if its passed or failed,

for example

i test a car, the n/s/f side light is not working
if i dont tell the vts that its out it wont know.

same with emisions if u dont tell it dont know.;)

Doesnt that depend on what machine your running (for emissions?) Last I heard (when i was working in a garage that did MOT's) VTS were looking at intergrating the ticket machine and the emissions? That might have been the service bloke talking out of his bottom!!?

mike r5 gtt
23-02-2010, 20:09

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::dearme:
as if any anyone would ever let a thought like that enter there head :ashamed:

id pass a sidey without any probs but one of the testers in my garage will fail ANY non standard exhaust!he failed a megane 225 last week because it only had one backbox with the two bumper exits (k-tec i think) even tho it was fitted perfectly and had no effects on the emissions or noise!hes just a grumpy old ****.
so its all down to the tester and there take on the rules!

reevio
23-02-2010, 20:44
just put it in a see if it passes i say.

:)
yeah i guess thats the easiest way mate just didnt want to much of a head ache as its a custom joby and im not sure how the volvo engine we react on a clio cat as im sure my engine is out of a 1990 480 dose it need a cat but you try convincing them that

dave r5
24-02-2010, 09:27
Doesnt that depend on what machine your running (for emissions?) Last I heard (when i was working in a garage that did MOT's) VTS were looking at intergrating the ticket machine and the emissions? That might have been the service bloke talking out of his bottom!!?

thats not complete dribble atall, my AE told me there putting that in to place 2012:disagree: