PDA

View Full Version : Insurance!!!!!!!

MR TURBO
06-10-2008, 19:13
Hey guys another quick question what do insurance companies class as MODS??? from things like pipes and hoses to whatever little bits and bobs??

Penfold aka The Dealer
06-10-2008, 19:18
Technically anything thats been added to the car thats different from when it left factory...

Hose's are different.. come companies need to know.. some dont... You could argue that you couldnt get hold of new/2nd hand oe hose's so you used a aftermarket hose...

I tell my insurance company anything... as say "thats to the best of my knowledge"

Cos how am i meant to know theres a 285 cam, pistons etc etc if i dont know jack about cars and have no reciepts.

MR TURBO
06-10-2008, 19:23
Technically anything thats been added to the car thats different from when it left factory...

Hose's are different.. come companies need to know.. some dont... You could argue that you couldnt get hold of new/2nd hand oe hose's so you used a aftermarket hose...

I tell my insurance company anything... as say "thats to the best of my knowledge"

Cos how am i meant to know theres a 285 cam, pistons etc etc if i dont know jack about cars and have no reciepts.

Cheers for that as my 5 has got samco hoses dump valve may soon have a front mount etc....I have told them i have only 2 bucket seats with the rears removed and harnesses they didn't seem to mind those i would like to know what sort of things bump up the price??? And if u don't mind me asking who your insured with and how much you pay???

Chris Hebden
06-10-2008, 20:13
Brakes upgrades, suspension upgrades and a roll cage to name a few! When i told my insurance company about having after market brakes and suspension mods they lifted the price by £150, this was RAC though