PDA

View Full Version : iscv

reevio
22-02-2010, 10:13
idle control valve on my b18ft volvo engine im sure it used to be piped into the air inlet pipe so no pressure just sucking airfiltered air putting my car bac together now so unsue on the setup anyoneshed some light on this where do the clio turbo engine pick theres from

dave r5
22-02-2010, 10:28
thats right fella. hard pipe going to turbo intake
off the icv goes into a black thing with a vac pip the into inlet manifold

reevio
22-02-2010, 11:17
cheers mate so i wont incure any boost leak and cant i just stick a small cotton filter on the bottom of the isccv instead of piping it so it will suck purely filtered bay air

Ashy
22-02-2010, 12:34
cheers mate so i wont incure any boost leak and cant i just stick a small cotton filter on the bottom of the isccv instead of piping it so it will suck purely filtered bay air

It needs to be piped back into the boost run or it will leak boost like a goodun!

reevio
22-02-2010, 13:03
but the original setup comes off the air inbefore the turbo?

stu21t
22-02-2010, 13:22
Tecnically the iscv should only be open at idle, below 1000 rpm, and only when needed, they open when the revs drop not all the time.
As long as the air comes from infront of the throttle body it shouldn't matter, but on the Cossie it's built into the throttle body itself so is in the boost circuit.

dave r5
22-02-2010, 13:23
it has to be piped up in to the intake system after the afm

i tried with out and it didnt like it atall.

also a vac pipe needs to b fitted to the black thing other wise it throws a hissy fit also.

reevio
22-02-2010, 13:29
yeah ive left the one in that goes to inlet and im putting a filter on the other that used to also go to the airilet pipe

dave r5
22-02-2010, 16:16
tbh mate i think yll find it wont work as on idle it'll be sucking in un meetred air

i had a few problems at usc 1 year when the original intake pipe split and the hard pipe was open to atmosphere.

i had to buy a few bits of silicone, dumpvalve t-peice and some duck tape to remake the system

Haz
10-06-2010, 01:26
on some models the idle control valve is plumbed in pre turbo, these usually have a dump valve thing attched to only let air through off boost.