PDA

View Full Version : New Events Page

Miller
22-02-2010, 02:46
Most of the older members will remember the way the old site worked regarding the events/calender page........much better than this one did. So we have been working on getting back to a how it used to be, but with some added benefits. Unfortunately we will not have the status of members attendance.....but they can still post that on the thread.:)

We will still have the events forum on the main boards but it will now just link to the top blue bar under....well you guessed it "Events" :D So you can use any one of them to get access to it.

With the new layout it will be easier to see what events are coming up in any particular month at a quick glance, without having to search through threads. It is only going to show the events for the current year, then at the end of the year we will move all the old events to the new events "Archives" forum.

I hope you like this new feature as it was not as straight forward as just adding the new forums, our good man scoff had to write a far bit of custom coding :agree:

All i ask, is you stick to the formate provided for the thread titles.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/events.php

Regards
Chris:)

Sy5GTT
22-02-2010, 05:03
My Combe event on the 24/4/10 has been wiped :confused:

D4WNO
22-02-2010, 08:33
Sy, just pop it back in..

Miller....who on EARTH spelt "calendar" as callander :laugh:?

Miller
22-02-2010, 13:45
Sy, just pop it back in..

Miller....who on EARTH spelt "calendar" as callander :laugh:?

lol, look at the time i posted the thread:coffee:cheers for sorting it.:D

D4WNO
22-02-2010, 13:50
Oh lol, didn't know I could...I do now :ashamed:

Scoff
22-02-2010, 20:38
I spelt it wrong and then I corrected it.

I can't believe no one has bothered to comment on the new and improved layout, and yet there's plenty of time to complain about folk in other threads. Are we starting to see why no one wants a position of responsibility ?

JRP
22-02-2010, 20:44
Having just spotted i like that :) old school power!

Ohhhh scoff hand bags down, gimmie a job then:devil:

Mudslinger
23-02-2010, 00:27
not working for me :confused:

Miller
23-02-2010, 00:30
Its ok my end....whats it not doing:confused:

Miller
23-02-2010, 01:18
My Combe event on the 24/4/10 has been wiped :confused:

I have pulled the information from your event , so you can re add it:)

24th - Spring Performance Action Day @ Castle Combe

Free Entry and Display.

Track Time £30 per 15mon session.

Pm me for more details.

Regards
chris:)

Sy5GTT
23-02-2010, 05:15
Cheers bud. I'll have a look when I finish work. :agree:

Sy5GTT
23-02-2010, 05:19
Cheers bud. I'll have a look when I finish work. :agree:

Some kind soul has already done it. Thank you.

Oh good work Scoff. I like the new layout. :agree:

jesus in the seat of a 5
23-02-2010, 05:58
Not loving that , what was wrong with the original?, i was looking or the brands hatch post...:rolleyes:, blimmey , it was working wasnt it......:dearme:

Miller
23-02-2010, 13:26
Not loving that , what was wrong with the original?, i was looking or the brands hatch post...:rolleyes:, blimmey , it was working wasnt it......:dearme:

Marts brands hatch thread is still their, now it is just easier to see what month it it in.

Regarding what was wrong with the old setup, the main problem was we had two place to add events and only the one in the boards was getting used. So we have removed the calender that was not getting used and moved the events boards to that location, like it was on the old site. For example if you looked on the calender last week you would only have seen 6 events, now with the new layout you can see their is 22 events organised so far this year. That does not include some of the events that are in the “2010 events” thread started by stu.The other problem was people were not putting dates in the events title.

Chris:)

Logg
23-02-2010, 17:09
Looking good Lads! :agree:

Don't know if you've noticed but the order of events in a month seem to follow the first digit rather than the numerical value of the date. Maybe sticking a zero before the single digit dates could correct it? :)

Scoff
23-02-2010, 17:21
jesus, you got to admit, it's easier to use, no ? the old events page was a bit muddled and had no interaction with the forum - now you have the posts and the dates all in one place, easy to see. I'm sorry if you don't like it mate, but I think it'll be an improvement once people get used to it.

logg, sort of - in the world of PHP 10th will come before 1st because '0' preceeds 's' alphanumerically. there's not a lot I can do about that one, but we'll need to experiment with different title formats - maybe "1 st" and "10 th" would work (with a space). I'm on the case anyhow.