PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 to 2" flange or something needed

dangerous dave
20-02-2010, 11:27
have a bms, have a scorpion and a very nice fitting powerflow but both are 2"

at the mo the car needs to run a quieter exhaust than a sidey so was thinking of cutting off the 2" flare to the downpipe and joining a larger one, but my searching id poor..

anyone know where i can pick up one to mate to the 2.5.. :)

TrixNFlix
20-02-2010, 12:15
I would like to know this too. :agree:

Logg
20-02-2010, 12:58
When I did this Dave I had to use the part of the side exit that bolts to the downpipe with a stepped sleeve and then use the back half of the 2" system.

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p10934/JETEX-STEPPED-SLEEVE-50.8/57/63.5-STAINLESS/product_info.html

dangerous dave
20-02-2010, 16:13
When I did this Dave I had to use the part of the side exit that bolts to the downpipe with a stepped sleeve and then use the back half of the 2" system.

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p10934/JETEX-STEPPED-SLEEVE-50.8/57/63.5-STAINLESS/product_info.html

i would be all over that but the sideys just been stuck on mine:p im sure there were a few sites that offered parts for knocking up your own home made systems with elbows and bends etc.. hoped there would be a flared 2.5 about:(

Logg
20-02-2010, 16:54
I couldn't find that so just made the front of the side exit fit the back of a scorp.

Try sending big Jim a PM, as he makes the down pipes with one side of the flange so may be able to get the exhaust side for you.

dangerous dave
20-02-2010, 17:57
I couldn't find that so just made the front of the side exit fit the back of a scorp.

Try sending big Jim a PM, as he makes the down pipes with one side of the flange so may be able to get the exhaust side for you.

thats some smart thinking there, way to smart for me:laugh:

car.crash
20-02-2010, 18:38
Dave make sure you get the pipe and the bend then we can weld it on the straight section otherwise your BMS will need chopping up.

dangerous dave
20-02-2010, 22:09
It's gotta be exhaust side, not touching the bms, that's magical. I still need to find the 2.5 inch pipe then with the flared top. I'm running the bms and sidey, this is for the black one and there no sidey to rob the pipe off.

I'm might be able to get some heat and smash an exhaust dolly to flare it more but I'm pretty sure I'll feck it

jesus in the seat of a 5
21-02-2010, 07:44
Dave , contact boris buddy , he makes or supplies them i think , i know i kindly obtained one from the lovely chap....:)